Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Elite Barracks Disappeared

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    wish i had known it was a bug when my combat disappeared.... i got to pay for it twice to lvl 6 and the 22 days...

World
    Zeus
    My level6 (regular) barracks has disappeared.

Earlier in the morning I'd queued up bowmen for part of the Save the Deers quests so it was there when I logged on.

I had some unrelated difficulty in sector 9 right before it happened. I have a grouping of 4 wells in sector9. One of the wells had depleted and I proceeded to bomb the remaining 3. The last well refused to go away. It was bombed, then my screen froze for a few seconds, then it came back. I tried to bomb it again but it wouldn't work. Again my screen froze for a few seconds, it finally went away but I was unable to build the wells. I got out of the building menu, went back in and I was able to build my wells.

A few minutes later I went to sector7. Where my Barracks should be is empty space. I have done a refresh, clear cache, etc and it's still gone.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I'm curious... are troops still being added by the invisible barracks since you had some in queue?

World
    Zeus
    Never would have thought to check, but yes, the 50 bowman remaining in queue when my barracks disappeared finished and I completed the quest. Weird. Barracks is not invisible however. When I open the building menu the barracks is available to be built. Pressing the B hotkey doesn't access the barracks, which should happen were it merely invisible. It's gone.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldBeard View Post
    I just received a reimbursement e-mail which falls far short of what is needed to recover a level 6 Elite Barracks. Ontop of this it would require over 22 days to complete. Provided in the e-mail is:
    1,500 Hardwood Planks
    6,000 Marble
    5,000 Coins
    9,000 Exotic Wood Logs
    10,000 Granite
    800 Grout

Here is a link showing what is needed to build and upgrade the Elite Barracks: http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/buil...lite-barracks/
    What a huge load of manure! Giving you a part of the needed materials and expecting you to wait 3 weeks all over again is ridiculous. You already spent the time once and shouldn't have to do it again when the barracks is gone because of BB's code and nothing that you did.

What BB should be doing is giving you the gems it takes to do an instant upgrade to levels 5 & 6. It's called customer service.

If you decided you'd rather sit out of adventures for 3 weeks while your barracks upgrades again the old fashioned way and spend the gems on something else, well, that's nobody's business but your own.

My regular barracks disappeared this morning and I'm not looking forward to having to wait 2 weeks while it upgrades. Not to mention that this had to happen right before the Valentine event which is going to require regular troops and I won't be able to get back up to level 6 in time for the event.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    +1

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    What BB should be doing is giving you the gems it takes to do an instant upgrade to levels 5 & 6. It's called customer service.
    This.
    Mad scientist.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I've noticed mention of sector 7. That was the sector that my Elite Barracks disappeared from. It was in the area where rocks and mountain had to be cleared prior to building. I was also on Unknown Regions when it happened. I can only speculate if this bug may be in relation to Mountain Clan adventures.

World
    Zeus
    That's exactly where my barracks was as well. I wasn't on MCC however, so it points more toward that section of S7 methinks. Too bad, barracks look pretty cool there.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    That's exactly where my barracks was as well. I wasn't on MCC however, so it points more toward that section of S7 methinks. Too bad, barracks look pretty cool there.
    Too bad we spent Gems too in order to clear what we now know is a danger zone for buildings. Until this bug is fixed, we have flushed Gems down the toilet to try to make space in that sector.

Reply to Thread