Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Valentine Event 2019

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I think you should have been able to collect flowers on your island like you do eggs at Easter, pumpkins at Halloween etc etc. I also think there should of been a change of a MMA genral or 1 like vargus or nusala possibly one that killed the enemy with too much love maybe have 300 troops or even 320 troops (Mafiaboss)?. The thing i was not to keen on was the amount of resources and time it took to make cards for the farms and that they did not last long when buffing flower farms

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Was nice, learned the hard way to buff the gardens to get the 4x. happy to have the explorers and geologists. If I had been smarter earlier mighthave gotten a building. But had fun. Was a good event.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Besides cleaning up the bugs in the game...please....PLEASE....stop making the events/quest/events based on co-ops. Seriously. This is not the type of game that attracts PvP (besides a relatively small majority). People play this for the long run and to build things up over time. Let Co-ops be an additional bonus. Not the cornerstone of something. Honestly if you are going to keep using them in activities...revamp them... ONE other player should be all that is needed. Clean some stuff up and give players more options while in them. Right now with the way they are set up, it isn't even fun. it is a pain in the rear. Please stop trying to force a bad product on the players. Either fix the product or...move on.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    It's great to have new event.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I liked that there were flowers to be earned through adventures. I think all events should allow you to earn the special resource through adventures. I liked that co-ops and multiplayers were the theme. It was a chance for the guild to do things together and to meet new friends in chat.
    I wish that the explorers I sent out before the event, timed to arrive during the event, had come back with flowers, as they would have with eggs etc in previous events. Same with the explorers sent out in the last hour of the event.
    During the Christmas event my explorers were returning approx. 750 presents a day. During this event, the same number of explorers were only bringing back 300 flowers approx. a day. I did not see a path to getting all of the available buildings like I did in previous events.
    I like that the developers are branching out with the different types of buildings available. I think that given the limited space on the islands and the cost to move buildings, that 3 x 3 buildings are a little too big.
    Thanks for organizing the event, BB.

World
    Zeus
    The buildings cost WAY more than one is likely to get during the event unless we spend 24 hours a day in game buffing and refilling the farm LAME people have things to do daily ya know like work!!

Also waiting 2 days into the removal phase to give us for free the explorer and geo was a poor choice I am sure many people said ok well I got x flowers I can buy x and so they did I.E. I bought the geo and the explorer only to open the game 2 days later and get them for free had I been given a choice I have gone with one of the buildings instead of a second geo and explorer!!
    If at first you don't succeed blame someone else!

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I like having another explorer (or two). Of course, every time I get a new one, it makes my desire for a multi-selection explorer send like the one for generals greater. I don't send explorers as much as I like because of the clicking, but it's worthwhile for events.

I got all the buildings, but I don't know if I'll actually use any of them. None of their effects are particularly compelling for me, and this awful multiple building to increase speed mechanic (instead of upgrades or unlocks) means I'll be stuffing more of them into my star for a possible rainy day.

There was a lot of bugginess and some lag, but the gifts at the end more than made up for any inconvenience. I'm not in the stop trying to make new content camp. I like the diversion from the same old stuff.

I like that cooperation was encouraged, but not required. I only did Second Thief on my own, all the ones that were in my star, but more power to the people with the desire to do co-ops. I would have swapped more cards, but since that was broken, I just self-buffed, which was a sufficient if wasteful solution.

Farms provided ample flowers to make up for what my explorers came up short, and the valentine cards and love crazed buffs were quite nice to boost that production.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Short review is I'd be quite happy if this event never returned.

Event focused on 2nd least enjoyed activity in the game. Then compounded by need of a buff partner to turn the pittance you were able to collect into a tangible amount of flowers. Even then you needed to run an unreasonable amount of adventures to get close to the requirement for all 3 buildings. Additionally the buildings vastly overpriced for the effects they provide.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupi View Post
    Short review is I'd be quite happy if this event never returned.

Event focused on 2nd least enjoyed activity in the game. Then compounded by need of a buff partner to turn the pittance you were able to collect into a tangible amount of flowers. Even then you needed to run an unreasonable amount of adventures to get close to the requirement for all 3 buildings. Additionally the buildings vastly overpriced for the effects they provide.
    Agreed. It might have been okay if we weren't required to use refills and were able to get flowers in the collectible drops. And it would have been nice if all advs dropped event resources, but coops and multi-player advs dropped double (to reflect the "togetherness" of Val. Day). But as is, I didn't find it enticing enough to play more. In fact, once the achievements were satisfied, I probably played less because not much trade was going on, and lootspots weren't on advs that were dropping rewards I needed. The reward of the advs I could afford to join don't justify the cost.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Initial impressions...

I thought this was going to be a good event, was looking forward to the cooperation and multiplayer side of this event. and i do think that having an event where people are encouraged to work together rather than alone was a great way to do it... thumbs up for that.
    the new explorer is not bad, and glad to have two of them.

But from before the event even started, so much wen wrong and is still wrong.
    As an example having prem and using valentine cards on my gardens was supposed to mean better loot and more refills, players who i adventured with who did not have prem or the garden cards active consistently got larger refills.
    Explorers didn't bring back flowers until well into the event, and stopped bringing them back as soon as phase 2 began... so different to other events.
    The observatory doesn't work at all, except to confuse the time generals leave and arrive, they report as first of all being sent and even arriving but in reality still haven left yet.
    buildings like the xmas market demanded major island reshuffle in order to be useful in any way, now the love gardens want to do the same? not possible with current island configuration, so a waste of resources developing these types of buildings imho.

The new geologist has very little use, maybe one of searches to get titanium and saltpeter fast for imp mines, but after you get them installed... well iron willed geos do a better job of the rest.

one problem with the Geo... no way to know if it actually found a faster deposit or not until you construct the mine, this is bad for planning where to place industrial mines. there should be an indicator of what it was successful doing.

Game play issues in general need fixing before any new content is developed. To launch a new event like this with so much going wrong with it, rather than fixing already crippling issues with regular game play is a mistake.

Then giving 3 extra gardens after the event conclusion...... a nice gesture, but very poorly timed. it seems like that was a knee-jerk reaction to having had explorers fail to bring back their goods.

Weather control is an interesting idea, great for more experienced players who understand the game battle mechanics, but i think will be confusing to newer players, especially when it has so much potential to impact blocks and other aspects of adventures.

Overall feedback, this event could have been so much better if it was delivered as advertised, planned and executed better, and consistent with other events in use of explorers etc. Please look at fixing the current problems before introducing new ones.

Reply to Thread