Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Valentine Event 2019

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    My main issue with this event was the cost of the items. Every flower equaled roughly 2 gems, meaning the weather station (which I consider a very expensive decoration) cost 8k gems. Perhaps this doesnt mean much but when looking at the bench and flower bed as a good measuring stick - each of those cost 99 flowers so 198 gems. The benches in the game shop cost 35-45 gems, flower beds are 35 gems for 3 flower beds of one color (so one flower bed costs about 12 gems). 12 gems for a violet flower bed or 198 for a heart-shaped one. Tell me the logic behind this. I understand that these were new decorations but the price of them was extreme and beyond reasonable.

As a player who doesnt have 'enough' time to run advs all day and keep the farms running 24/7, I viewed this event as a blatant attempt to get players to buy and use gems, past events were not like this. I understand BB needs to have a financial incentive to keep the game running but you guys seriously need to reevaluate the cost of decorations for events.

Criticism of the price-gouging aside, the co-ops as a way of getting event currency was a nice change because people had to play together. That being said the concept of event fatigue is setting in deeply. I like events, but when the cost of items is so ridiculously high that you have to 'grind' to purchase two things then I approach the game with a sense of dread. I say this knowing that the Easter event will be hitting us in about 6 weeks and the grind will start all over again, and who knows how much a 'egg flower bed' will cost there.... 500 gems?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    how the heck is this 100% best treasure???

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Even was interesting I did like the way that if you had valentine card buff active players would get double the loot that was really useful.

I think it's sad that most of the buildings where bugged.
    The Love Garden I don't know did not even try those quests having to re-adjust island was not my type of game play so I leave this building for others.
    The Weather Control station not sure haven't done much simulation with it but does not look like a big game changer.

I feel the most useful building that is the Observatory required more sky charts.. like a sky charts that would affect Explorer(Treasure search or/and Adventure), Geologist adding those additional feature to that already large footed building would make it more useful has it would become useful for all type of play.

The items used during the event should always be trade-able (vcard, flowers etc.)

The explorer and Geologist where nice.
    One problem is with the Charming geologist tool tip feature that tell you if a deposit is larger or faster should be adjusted since we don't know if the deposit found is fast since 100% of the time it will show the deposit is 100% larger but since the same text display we halt of the time have a chance to build on a regular speed deposit.

The double loot feature was a good one I am sure it helped players get the re-fil they needed.
    It was sad to only see coop but I get the idea behind the valentine event.
    Would still be good to still have single players adventure for the players that cant stick around to run a whole coop not everyone have screen time.

I feel the best items for this event where the Explorer.
    The double loot buff with vcard was the best feature of the event too.
    This should be available for other type of event where re-fil are key.

The BB gift was a god sent for all the bugs we had to over come and found that sadly the buildings we wanted so bad caused more issues.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    BB?...the "Heart Flowerbed" and the "Valentine Vegetation" ...is not allowed to be placed where an existing flowerbed is located...will this be corrected?
    Lord_Sheffield WYTCH KING

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I play for about 15 min a day at a time when most people sleep. Swapping valentine cards was not a problem for me.

Agree that the decorations are very pricey at events. BB thinking seems to be that those are luxury items and the cost does not have to be relevant to the value.
    Mad scientist.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    also noted is that the love garden is a 2x2 building, but the buff zone highlights it as a 3x3 area in the middle of the buff zone (geen area vs the non green highlighted area in the middle).

buff area shows as a 9x9 green grid, but doesnt act like a 9x9 grid:

Noted some strange things with the residences being buffed vs the buff zone.. some buildings get buffed when only partially in the buff zone (ie residences to the right hand side of the buff area in attached screenshot), but others which are also partially in the area, DONT get buffed. ie, front two residences in the attached screenshot.

https://paste.pics/a88f99d19cf4a999097f909ad19ef41f

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by DALES1 View Post
    also noted is that the love garden is a 2x2 building, but the buff zone highlights it as a 3x3 area in the middle of the buff zone (geen area vs the non green highlighted area in the middle).

Noted some strange things with the residences being buffed vs the buff zone.. some buildings get buffed when only partially in the buff zone (ie residences to the right hand side of the buff area in attached screenshot), but others which are also partially in the area, DONT get buffed. ie, front two residences in the attached screenshot.

Yes that was an issue for me also - made it difficult to get a large # of buildings under love garden

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by DALES1 View Post

That is how it is supposed to work. See this post for an explanation:

https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/...l=1#post289086

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I would like to post my thoughts although I know no one is going to read them.
    This event was great. Why was it great you ask?
    It simply exemplifies that the developers are hard at work to make new content and keep the game compelling.
    This should always be encouraged. Even if the new content is deemed useless or unnecessary. It doesn't matter that bugs or issues are profound because of it. That can always be addressed and fixed when the issues rise. It takes time and we should exercise patience.
    When you read feedback and feel that most of it is negative, just remember this. Your doing a great job and people will always be grumpy or unhappy about something. That's just human nature.
    Not all content is for everyone, build your island to your style of play and leave everything else under the table. You don't need everything in life, just the things that make you happy.
    And what makes me happy is knowing the developers are hard at work creating more content.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellvena View Post
    I would like to post my thoughts although I know no one is going to read them.
    This event was great. Why was it great you ask?
    It simply exemplifies that the developers are hard at work to make new content and keep the game compelling.
    This should always be encouraged. Even if the new content is deemed useless or unnecessary. It doesn't matter that bugs or issues are profound because of it. That can always be addressed and fixed when the issues rise. It takes time and we should exercise patience.
    When you read feedback and feel that most of it is negative, just remember this. Your doing a great job and people will always be grumpy or unhappy about something. That's just human nature.
    Not all content is for everyone, build your island to your style of play and leave everything else under the table. You don't need everything in life, just the things that make you happy.
    And what makes me happy is knowing the developers are hard at work creating more content.
    I am glad you are happy with the game!

-BB_Odhran

Reply to Thread