Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Valentine Event 2019

Administrator
    World
    Zeus

[Feedback] Dev Diary Valentine Event 2019

Dear Settlers,

The Dev Diary for the Valentine Event 2019 was just published and we can't wait to hear your initial impressions and overall feedback.

Thank you,
    BB_Odhran
    Last edited by BB_Odhran; 02-28-19 at 04:17 am.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    wow.. I like the buffs for adventures and battles..
    Reduced general travel time, buffs which affect both player and enemy in different ways..
    which I guess gives players an edge who plan their own attacks instead of following guides (or will Evil_J be able to keep up with all the possibilities )

Again, I like the change..
    One small problem.. they are coming too late for me..
    Due to the slowness of adventures.. I stopped playing months ago.. and not sure if I'd come back
    Only thing which might change my mind, is some exciting new ideas to update my simulator with latest changes.. but oh, the time that would need...

Thanks
    An old time Settlers fan..

PS - Bought The Settlers History Edition (all 7 games). You should too!!
    Very happy

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I like the explorer and geologist.
    Flower farms seem like Halloween pumpkin fields, except only 3 of them.

Only 3 buildings
    I'm not seeing any buildings other than the new Love Garden, Observatory, and Weather Station. Why not offer improved buildings?
    The buildings look cool, but I feel like they are too many conditions and limitations placed on their use.
    I'd like BB to consider making these new buildings simpler and make it more obvious how and when to use them.
    Elite Training ground, Scouting Post, Laboratory, Snack Shop...great, I want them and know what they do.
    New Love Garden, Weather station, or Observatory, not sure I want or need them, and it's difficult to figure out their value.

Early explorer treasure search
    I already sent my explorers on prolonged treasure searches, timed to complete after the event starts. Now I find the start time of the event is unknown. Kind of frustrated I wasted the planning of sending explorers out early.

Farm production
    So 3 farms with minimal aunt irma buff delivers 72 x 3 x 2 = 432 flowers per day. For 14 days (assuming they are kept filled) yields 6048 flowers.
    Question: Do Flower farms keep producing during Removal phase?? Otherwise the farms only run 10 days yielding 4320 flowers.

Valentine Card Boxes
    Making Valentine card boxes to keep farms buffed at 4x for 3 hours and to enable +100% resource and refill from coop and multiplayer, is limited by the long production time of the boxes: 6 hrs on RPH, and 36 hrs on PH. This ties up RPH and/or PH preventing the production of other important buffs and manuscripts. I'd prefer a shorter production time. Making only 4 valentine boxes a day only gives me 4x buff and +100% resource for 3 hours per day. Seems like the 3 hour length of the buff is also limiting.

Love Garden
    The Love Garden buff area is 9x9 grid with Love Garden itself taking the middle 3x3 area. That leaves room for eight 3x3 areas for population buildings, most of which are 3x3 in size.
    To get 15 Love Garden buffs and +200 pop growth for 12 hours (21 hour cooldown), you need 2 Love Gardens.
    To get 20 Love Garden buffs and random quest for 12 hours (21 hour cooldown), you'd need to buy a 3rd Love Garden in trade or wait a year.
    To get 25 Love Garden buffs, and +300% pop growth for 12 hours (21 hour cooldown), you need a 4th Love Garden.
    Since I mainly get my settlers from the PH Retired Bandits, population growth is not a big draw. Also add to that the hassle of moving buildings and finding an area large enough to place everything just so.

Observatory
    Reducing travel time is nice, 2 hour buff, with 47 hour cooldown.
    Not sure what "propagated buffs" are.
    What does this mean? "The buff on the home zone only impacts the owner of the zone, reducing travel time of their generals back from adventures."
    So it works for any friend traveling to the adv, but not on friend's return from adv??

Weather Station
    This give your army an advantage, but same advantages are given to the enemy. So where is this useful? Which adventures, which situations? How do I know what the enemy's flanking, min/max damage are? This might be fun to research if I even knew how to research this. Similar to having a specialized general like Mad Scientist and not using it because I don't where and how to use it.

I'd like BB to consider making these new buildings simpler and make it more obvious how to use them. New Love Garden, Weather station, or Observatory, not sure I want or need them, and it's difficult to figure out their value.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Had a nice reply all done, but we're back to getting:

https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/...treply&t=25455

So in summary, might get the Geo/Expl/Recipes, but likely passing on the rest because either BB has lost touch with why we're playing, or there are a couple of servers out there spending mad Gems and who also love advanced math more than fun games.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Whomever made the screenshots showing the buildings should be taken out back and shot. All the 2x2 buildings are shown on a 3x3 grid. Very misleading and difficult to interpret. Here's a novel idea - Why not show a 2x2 building on a 2x2 grid? Simple, clean, and what the players are used to and understand.
    I guess I'll just do my best to figure things out with these goofy screenshots. Except on my Arabian Palaces. Since it seems the person who was so intent on displaying extra grid squares forgot about them.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Nothing new - issues arrived with the event. I think BB should concentrate on fixing what is currently wrong with the game instead of introducing more events and issues into the game. Try to tell your kids on Christmas day morning they are getting their presents on Boxing day or possibly later

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Looking forward to a new event. I'll probably skip the Love Garden building since I have plenty of Bread and Population in my Star menu, but everything else looks worthwhile. A nice way to keep interest and game activity going between Christmas and Easter events. Thank you.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Second Thief is a decent adventure from that list. I'll run what I've got.

The buildings don't seem particularly compelling.

Charming geologist could be interesting. A new explorer is always welcome.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    any update as to it start or are yall still fixing the issues

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Dolly Parton is an Explorer !!!

AWESOME !!!!!!!
    Happy Gaming Everyone !

Reply to Thread