Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Valentine Event 2019

World
    Zeus
    What good are any of these things if I can't even get into the game to attempt to find anything? Is this supposed to be fun? All I have done since the update is try to get to the game and fail. Now, just when I get home from work and have a few hours to play, you are doing another update/fix for the hours I might be able to play. What a joke.
    Does this mean my "log in every day for a month" resets back to day 1, because I haven't been able to log in for more than 24 hours?
    Keep your "events" to yourself and let us play the game.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaTime View Post
    Dolly Parton is a Geologist !!!

AWESOME !!!!!!!
    LOL i'm not the only one who thought that.. YAY

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I see we are down for maint again... ... at peak time.... again.... good thing i had no faith in it starting so i loaded up both ph and rph with steaks, feasts and bandits.. both barracks are full... just so stuff is busy..

sadly.. i was too optimistic and left market running..... sooo thats going to time out ... again... really tired of all my 'run when buffed only" buildings running willy nilly without a buff because i cant get in to stop them.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by mcboooooooooo View Post
    any update as to it start or are yall still fixing the issues
    The issue with latency is currently being addressed before the event is going to start.

-BB_Odhran

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Valentine event- the idea is good but the way it is planned is bad.

1. It use flowers refills, like Halloween event... with the huge difference that producing flowers is way faster than producing pumpkins, only 20 min here. The farms come with 100 units (depos, whatever you want to call it). 20 min prod time means a consumption of 3/hour->72/24 hours. So, the farms will deplete in 34 hours. That means we will have to get refills quite fast. And a lot of refills, 72x3=216 refills every day for all 3 farms. I can do it since my schedule allows me to be online a lot, but how about the players who can login only a few hours/day?

Anyway, we will have to run a lot of adventures... not ANY adventures, tho, ONLY multiplayers and co-ops will drops refills. Which means a small amount of refills/loot because that's BB thinking, an adventure for 2-3 players always has a lower drop on event items than a single player adventure...
    We can get a better loot by using the 100% loot boost, yay!!!
    But... but... but...
    Things are getting complicated...

2. To use the 100% boost loot buff we have to buff all 3 farms with Valentine cards. To get those V-cards we have to produce Valentine boxes in ph/rph... The boxes cost a lot (Cost: 4,400 Hardwood Planks, 780 Simple Paper, 660 Nibs). Btw, it is a typo or BB changed Pine Planks with Hardwood Planks?
    The production time for 1 Valentine box is Production Time: 36 hours (Provision House), 6 hours (Rarity Provision House).... so, not fast production...
    Ok, ok... We queue the V boxes, buff ph/rph with bara, activate the Meadhall buff and the sock dryer buff to get maximum speed on producing them... (an advice: queue 1 box at time)... We can't start adventuring right after the start of the event, we have to wait for those boxes... oh well...
    Finally we get those darn V boxes, we have to open them one by one. I have very bad experience opening tso boxes, but... oh well.. 'luck' is a VERY important part of this game.
    Now what? we have the V cards. If we buff ourselves our farms we get 1 hour loot boost. So, we ask friends/guildies to do it. 3 hours seems better then 1...
    But...but... but.. V-cards are not tradeable... So, if we are lucky we find someone to swap them... if not we will wait... And no adventuring yet, at least not with loot boost.
    Oh, and we can't wait too much with those V cards because the flowers farms have to produce flowers, as much as possible... remember, 10 days event...
    We can use another buffs on farms, ok, but if we do it then bye bye loot boost.

Fun, yes?

Wait, that's not all...
    Check achievements... Those V cards got numbers, from 1 to 9... In their wisdom, BB thought, since everything is so easy and simple, to add a bit of fun, maybe we were bored already... The achievements require to get buffed by friends with all 9 V cards.
    So, swapping V cards is not enough, we will have to find all 9 V cards somewhere on our freinds/guildies...

And this is only the beginning...

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    thank you for bringing back the collapsed guild quest with the update....

https://ibb.co/wgPqX8c

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    216 refills a day is like 12 best adventures a day with premium?
    Mad scientist.

World
    Zeus
    The event needs a new name. Can't really be the "Valentine Event" if it starts AFTER, you know, the actual Valentine "event".

Valentines Day Massacre?
    Hallmark Holiday Event?
    The Late February Event?
    The St. Patrick's Day Event?
    Halloween in March?
    April Showers Bring May Flowers?
    The Guess When Event?
    Valentines in July?
    Black Knights Redux?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriond View Post
    The event needs a new name. Can't really be the "Valentine Event" if it starts AFTER, you know, the actual Valentine "event".

Valentines Day Massacre?

Sadly that was a real event

but .... i like where you're going...

"Failed Love Experiment"?

World
    Zeus
    Love Lies Bleeding?
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Reply to Thread