Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can't connect after update

World
    Zeus

Can't connect after update

Since the valentines update I have not been able to connect to the game. I have cleared caches, memories and everything I can access.
    I have reloaded the game and even downloaded the game from the main menu.
    I log in on Firefox and get to the logged on as......play now. When I click play now, I get to the loading screen and it stops there.
    I download the special client and load the game. I log in and get the you are logged in as......play now.
    I click the play now button and go to the loading screen and that is where it stays.
    I have attempted everything I can think of over the past 9 hours to make the game keep loading. This is my last resort.
    I have screen shots but all I can get on preview here is a broken picture symbol. What format do I need to use to put images here?

How do I get back to my game?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Seems to be a known issue since the implementation of the event, which they are working to address. Have you tried another browser? Wouldn't hurt to try contacting support, but not sure it will help either.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    We are currently fixing the latency issue that has happened. Please try connecting again after the servers are back up. Also please allow some time for the game to re-download.

-BB_Odhran

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Well I had problems yesterday loading. It took 35 min. This morning its even worse. I'm going on an hour now with the bar half way and that's after 2 refreshes. I've use FireFox but have tried 3 other browsers with the same results. VERY FRUSTRATING.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    My latency is soo much worse now.. map stutters when i attempt to take a mine to its spot to build. explorers / geo - 15-30 sec to open.. 15 sec to choose a task.. etc etc... terrible.

World
    Zeus
    Here I am back again. I have just spent another 3 hours, clearing, downloading, restarting and cursing.
    Still can't get past the loading screen. Now it teases, by going all the way to the green and reverting to the start of the loading procedure and staying there.
    I waited 45 minutes and it didn't move. I have tried Firefox, Edge, Chrome and the settlers client browser and still can't get the game to start.
    FRUSTRATED is an understatement.
    What do I need to do to be able to play this game?

***I got in!! Woohoo! Only took 48 hours wow!****

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by NoEyedDeer View Post
    Here I am back again. I have just spent another 3 hours, clearing, downloading, restarting and cursing.
    Still can't get past the loading screen. Now it teases, by going all the way to the green and reverting to the start of the loading procedure and staying there.
    I waited 45 minutes and it didn't move. I have tried Firefox, Edge, Chrome and the settlers client browser and still can't get the game to start.
    FRUSTRATED is an understatement.
    What do I need to do to be able to play this game?

***I got in!! Woohoo! Only took 48 hours wow!****
    We are sorry for the long load times and are currently working on figuring out a fix for the latency issues. I know this can become annoying having to wait so long to get in, but we are working on it!

-BB_Odhran

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    1 min plus (just suffered 3-4 min and chat reset) when going from friends isle to home etc.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Interestingly its not too bad for me after the hotfix. The building is sluggish but scouts explorers work as well as always. Changing zones and loading game works well. Have not adventured so no idea about that.
    Have tried IE, Chrome, FF. Generally Chrome is worst, FF is OK but good old IE works best. Maybe the thing is that I have not updated Flash for at least 6 months?
    Mad scientist.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    Interestingly its not too bad for me after the hotfix. The building is sluggish but scouts explorers work as well as always. Changing zones and loading game works well. Have not adventured so no idea about that.
    Have tried IE, Chrome, FF. Generally Chrome is worst, FF is OK but good old IE works best. Maybe the thing is that I have not updated Flash for at least 6 months?
    I was wondering about the Flash thing as well. My personal computer I haven't updated it in ages and that's what I play from home on. I will see what the team thinks.

-BB_Odhran

Reply to Thread