Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What the fiddlesticks bb?

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    If honesty is the best policy, then BB would have already told us what the plan is concerning the Flash issue of 2020.

Adobe announced in July of 2017 that they would not be supporting flash any longer come 2020. This game runs on flash. BB announced in their Ask Me Anything posts in November of 2017 that conversion of the game to HTML5 was not on the development roadmap.

Everything that has been done up to this point SEEMS to indicate that the game will be shut down at the end of this year - the addition of high end content (new endless mines), the addition of a new event (Valentines), the fact that they won't even say "We know it's an issue and we're working on a solution". All reasons to get players to buy and spend gems before the end of this year.

If honesty was the best policy, we would have an answer to the future of the game by now - at least an assurance to the players that it will be around next year.
    "I don't try to be awesome; it just happens naturally!"

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejacks03 View Post
    If honesty is the best policy, then BB would have already told us what the plan is concerning the Flash issue of 2020.

Adobe announced in July of 2017 that they would not be supporting flash any longer come 2020. This game runs on flash. BB announced in their Ask Me Anything posts in November of 2017 that conversion of the game to HTML5 was not on the development roadmap.

Everything that has been done up to this point SEEMS to indicate that the game will be shut down at the end of this year - the addition of high end content (new endless mines), the addition of a new event (Valentines), the fact that they won't even say "We know it's an issue and we're working on a solution". All reasons to get players to buy and spend gems before the end of this year.

If honesty was the best policy, we would have an answer to the future of the game by now - at least an assurance to the players that it will be around next year.
    As for flash. BB_Alex has stated our plans on the test server already.

We will not release any HTML5 version of TSO.
    However, what will work if the browser stops running Flash is our downloadable client.
    The so-called "Slim Browser".
    It also does not break a hole in the system because it can not be used for services other than our game.
    Beside this, we are sure there will be a lot more browsers running Flash, in some sandbox form.
    It is also not confirmed yet in which way Adobe will stop supporting it or if it only affects part of the usable flash.

We will keep you updated, but do not worry yet.
    As for the hotfix. I know this is an annoying thing and no it can not be moved to a different time nor can we be separated from the rest of the game servers to have our very own hotfix time. The down times are done so on every server and more based on CET time. We are sorry that it is not the best time for everyone, but it is the best we can do to get all worlds fixed at once.

-BB_Odhran

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I have zero faith that this is true. You have broken the trust placed in you by your words and your deeds. You had one job. You failed. Challenge yourself to rise up from this mediocrity and be better.

Settler
    World
    Zeus

Wink

that's the best feedback regarding this hotfix:

Zitat von heo51

* * helau ! ! ! * *

(from German forum lol)

World
    Ares
    That's a great event they're having, that is a Maintenance Event for the Devs. After 7+ years, I'm sure the code has become a difficult to maintain. And with the Flash issue, good luck... It's really nobody's fault. It's difficult to change anything without ruining everything. It's like trying to fix your old clunker. BB can try to patch what they can, but there is a point where it's hopeless. Now it's an business decision.

p.s. Spaghetti/lasagna code is not an excuse for poor customer service. BB is lucky that they could make it so far.
    Whence comest thou?

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    We are back up!

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post

-BB_Odhran
    Could I have a link to this? I would like to see the context of the discussion. Also, the downloadable browser - the "Slim Browser" - doesn't that require that we start the game over? Our current accounts can't be ported over to the downloaded game. Isn't that right?

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejacks03 View Post
    Could I have a link to this? I would like to see the context of the discussion. Also, the downloadable browser - the "Slim Browser" - doesn't that require that we start the game over? Our current accounts can't be ported over to the downloaded game. Isn't that right?
    Here is the forum post that BB_Alex first mentioned these issues. We later got the note that I have passed on.

The Slim browser does not require you to make a new account. You can login to your existing account the same as on the home page. If you encounter issues with it, please let me know.

-BB_Odhran
    Last edited by BB_Odhran; 02-21-19 at 07:02 am.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post

-BB_Odhran
    Again... SLIM Browser is for WINDOWS only... What about us mac players???

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    Again... SLIM Browser is for WINDOWS only... What about us mac players???
    Yes. I would like to know the solution for this beyond having to run Windows on my Mac. I bought a Mac so I didn't have to run Windows.

Reply to Thread