Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What the fiddlesticks bb?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    A hotfix is almost to be expected when an event starts, but the surprise of it being right when the event starts doesn't make any sense unless there is something particularly broken with the event. Christmas could have been taken care of with last week's hotfix. Or the hotfix before that. Also last week. Or another one. Doesn't seem like an issue unless Christmas is causing Valentine's to be broken or something. I did get my 7 coins, though.

Not sure there's much you can do about the market. Great building but has its limitations. I'm willing to live with those. Provides far more than any occasional inconvenience. Best you could do even with some warning would be to stop all those buildings.

Mac? Isn't that the computer they used in that room in the corner in schools in the early 1990s?

I wasn't expecting my explorers to return without event resources. The extra day more than makes up for that I suppose.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    6pm hits.. lag is as bad is it has been for weeks...

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ghannima View Post
    Come on, guys, you should be used by now... we always get an hotfix after the start of the event... any event.

lol, could not have said it better myself!
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejacks03 View Post
    Yes. I would like to know the solution for this beyond having to run Windows on my Mac. I bought a Mac so I didn't have to run Windows.
    There are things called emulators for Mac OS. They allow you to run Windows programs. More information about this can be found here

-BB_Odhran

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    WOW, some fix. Everything takes forever to load, i have to keep resending my gens to adventures, cause after I sent them out, glitch glitch and they are all sitting back on my island. Same goes for explorers. I'm running settlers on Mac and PC and it's same for both - takes forever to load. Currently loading game on Mac for last 15 mins and its stuck half way on the valentine's opening page. I think it would have been better if you just skip the whole valentine's event and fix it and run next year (if there are still people around to play it). I've been playing this game for years, but I think my patience is really wearing thin now.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    WHY, WHY would you have an event quest that requires you to buff (valentine cards) flower farms so late in the overall quest, all farms are already depleted (or even in some cases DELETED)...Bad form. I've been playing this game for a very long time and this is the first time in 6 years I've had to say something about how BADLY an event was implemented. I understand rocky starts and I understand that the flower farms can be fertilized... one would have needed to know to not delete their farms because of an upcoming quest before removing. The cost of the refill is ridiculous. I have always found BB to be fare in the past (you would get positive returns for completing quest) but lately BB has been getting greedy just like in this case I'm disappointed, the price of the refill is too much and there is no point in attempting to finish the event quest. Hope to see some well thought out events in the future and not see this kind of blunder again (this is the sort of event that discourages people and makes them want to leave for good).

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    There are things called emulators for Mac OS. They allow you to run Windows programs. More information about this can be found here

-BB_Odhran
    Reread the post you replied to.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc2011 View Post
    WHY, WHY would you have an event quest that requires you to buff (valentine cards) flower farms so late in the overall quest, all farms are already depleted (or even in some cases DELETED)...Bad form. I've been playing this game for a very long time and this is the first time in 6 years I've had to say something about how BADLY an event was implemented. I understand rocky starts and I understand that the flower farms can be fertilized... one would have needed to know to not delete their farms because of an upcoming quest before removing. The cost of the refill is ridiculous. I have always found BB to be fare in the past (you would get positive returns for completing quest) but lately BB has been getting greedy just like in this case I'm disappointed, the price of the refill is too much and there is no point in attempting to finish the event quest. Hope to see some well thought out events in the future and not see this kind of blunder again (this is the sort of event that discourages people and makes them want to leave for good).
    Totally agree with you Marc2011! This event has been poorly planned and thought out. The whole event takes TOO much time. Eighteen hours to produce only 3 valentine cards??? Quests that can't be completed because players are unable to obtain items and/or have difficulty because they don't have friends. Not to mention not having access to the game due to maintenance and the frequent lags while the event is taking place. This event is the worst! Please either improve it for everyone or don't offer it again.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rath2040 View Post
    Reread the post you replied to.
    What is there to reread? You wouldn't be running windows. It would be running a program to access a program that normally does not work on Mac. Windows is an OS.

-BB_Odhran

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc2011 View Post
    Why would you let them deplete? WHY would you EVER delete them?! Have you never done a halloween event ever? Refills are free from most adventures so you must be referring to the fertilizers and those are only needed if you let your farm run empty... which you just shouldn't do. Put it to sleep if it gets too low and start it again after you get enough refills to restock. How have you you been playing SIX YEARS and not know any of this???

Reply to Thread