Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What the fiddlesticks bb?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

What the fiddlesticks bb?

An unannounced maintenance two hours into a new event??! And for something that isnt even related to the event. Bad form! Christmas stuff has been sitting there almost two months and you decide now is a good time to lock us out of the game for 6 hours.

Well I hope you fix the event bugs while its down! Some peeps dont even have an event quest chain.

Very disgruntled customer, after waiting a week for event and staying up half the night for it to start.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Yup.. unbelievable. Market group is yet again running unbuffed. explorers are sitting waiting to go out for event loot... and i will not be able to log in b4 work... game will come back while i'm at work (even for most west coasters) and so we loose a day of event play also.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Come on, guys, you should be used by now... we always get an hotfix after the start of the event... any event.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    But it has absolutely nothing to do with the event! Its not fixing any glitches or barriers to gameplay. Very trivial reason to take game down with NO notice. They need to plan these things better. Could have done it last week while we were all twiddling our thumbs waiting on latency issues. Could do it 2 weeks from now, between events. Very poor decision making.

World
    Ares
    This is an UTTER and COMPLETE disaster! How was it ever conceivable that running a Maint two hours into Event was a good thing to do? This Event should either be pushed back even further and not started until the game is READY, or it should be disposed of and cancelled.

Now, with an Event starting at 4am ET but not really "available" until Noon, I'll be losing about a half-day of working on it due to having to go to work today. And, as CB said, let's not forget about Market buffs running out and not being able to refresh them, because of this UNANNOUNCED maintenance.

Remember when BB announced that the Event would be starting sometime soon, and they wanted to let players know so that they could plan for it? Well, how were we supposed to plan for THIS?!?

What a DISASTER! As always, Thanks BB. Another terrible plan on your part. You sometimes make me wonder why I even bother to play this game.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I think this hotfix is because of other bugs, like quest chain not starting for a lot of players. The xmas closure is just something they forgot to do it and it was easy to use it as explanation then to post some other stuff...

Don't forget what BB Alex said:
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alex View Post
    (...)
    Besides that, there is one rule: Don't trust the client!
    https://forum.tsotesting.com/threads...8894#post48894

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I'm just hopeful everything I bought with gems is still in place when we get back...aacckkk
    Lord_Sheffield WYTCH KING

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    The good. I was able to set up building tons of event buffs in provision houses.

The bad. All my explorers were on short searches so I could send them out again before I left for work. Now they came back during maintenance. I also did not get to buff the flower farms with the buff of my choice.

Poopie.

If anyone used those valentine boxes they only run a few hours so peoples flower farms are running unbuffed.

I am also inclined to say just don't run the event if it doesn't work.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I am not going to be a drama queen and saying this is a "disaster", a little warning would have been nice. Especially for the stated purpose of the hotfix. I will guess it also has to do with game play issues as well but.... In the future would you mind not doing this? Glad you are tacking on an extra day, so, I am not worried about missing things (unless the sudden shut down effects something, I had just done before it crashed) but really. Some in game warnings....or wait until the middle of a work day... West coast will wake up with the game in repair but east coast just got bumped from the game in the middle of doing things. That really does suck. Could you at least have worked on the timing of the shut down? Anyway...…. Good luck in the event everyone.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by ghannima View Post
    I think this hotfix is because of other bugs, like quest chain not starting for a lot of players. The xmas closure is just something they forgot to do it and it was easy to use it as explanation then to post some other stuff...
    i also believe there was some sort of ulterior motive, not doing Christmas cleanup. If you must make up excuses, can you come up with one not quite so lame? Honesty is always the best policy you guys :\

Reply to Thread