Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Valentine's Double Loot buff not working

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Yup - placed cards tonight .. ran 4 siege... no extra.. NOT happy.
    yes i ran adv yesteday with no cards.. and wiki confirmed my loot was normal loot.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Mine seems to be working now. Didnt do anything differently. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    having the same issues with the buff. yes checked my mail 2 different vlt's, same result. refreshed, re loaded.. still no difference

World
    Zeus
    It's been intermittent for me. Just ran Lakeside Treasure with my wife, got the bonus. Did a Tomb Raider, got the bonus. Did a second Tomb Raider didn't get the bonus. And this was all on the same buff. I get the bonus probably at least 9 times out of 10, but occasionally I do not. No rhyme or reason to it and it can go either way during the same buff.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    One thing that happens is that sometimes the bonus is only 1 hour even when frend buffed and buff is 3 hours.
    Mad scientist.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I'm having the same thing happen. Completed 2 Lakeside Treasure this morning with active buffs, and received the bonus on both. Completed 2 Lakeside Treasure this evening, again with active buffs, and had no bonus on either of them.

CJ / Playing on the Zeus server since April 2012

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    out of 6 adv i ran under cards 3 got double .. rest didnt.. tr did, sftr did, 2nd thief did, but none for dark priests or roaring bull

and dark priest pay out.. two were 3 .. two wer 4... that makes no sense (ya i double checked after the 1st set).

World
    Zeus
    the Valentine's Buff is definitely broken.

I ran an Black Knights with friends. We all had premium buffs and Valentine's Buff.

First adventure was started before the Valentine's buff was applied.
    We all had 8 and 4(premium). Okay that seems like we must have each gotten 4 refills on the flower, and double refill means 8.

Second adventure was started during the Valentine's buff running. Finished the adventure while the buff is still running.
    Results:
    I had 8 and 4. I guess that seems fine.
    One guy got: 5 and 3.
    the other guy got: 4 and 2.

Seems like it's broken for the other 2 guys. Especially with the numbers being out of wack. How do you get 5 and 4 as a base?? When the base value lowest is 4. and double should be 8 (which is what I got). They also noticed their resources and other refills aren't doubled at all. Normal.

as somebody mentioned, its quite possible that the double bonus could have been working only during the first hour of the valentine buff. So my last 8 refill flower, could have been a result of the standard 8base (which double means 16).

Okay- So I noticed when I started my 2nd adventure there is a "STAR" icon saying resources will be affected by the event.
    I'm on an adventure right now, my love farms are still buffed with valentine's buff zone. but the adventures in my star tab menu no longer shows the "STAR" icon saying event resources being affected.

So it seems that the double bonus must be working only during the first hour of the buff.??

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I did 3 Sieges this morning with a friend. At the same time, I also did 3 Sieges on Newfoundland server. Both servers had the Valentine's Buff running, applied at the same time.

On Newfoundland server I got the double bonus for all 3 Sieges. On Ares server, I got the bonus only for the first 2 Sieges. My friend didn't get the bonus on any of the adventures, even though he had the Valentine buff running and applied the same time as mine. So I think it's random whether or not one gets the bonus. And I hope it will be fixed, because it's too hard to get enough refills without the bonus.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Finally got it to work a for awhile (my current working theory is that somehow refreshing/logging out causes the buff itself to disable while the notifiers and statuses remain to say it is still on), and noticed something else about the double loot buff: It also gives double XP, despite not saying anywhere that it does.

Taken with Double working: Note the exp says 339K (you can see the line saying additional premium rewards unat the bottom so this is pre-premium xp)

Now if you look at the image I posted earlier with no double loot working:

You see it says 167K xp. Again, the base and not the prem bonus. Both are second thief but the one with double loot also gave double xp.

And according to the dev diary and in game description: Name: Valentine Effect: +100% to resource and refill rewards.

So having it not work most of the time not only means losing loot and refills but XP as well.

Reply to Thread