Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Valentine's Double Loot buff not working

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    This issue is currently being looked into by the team.

-BB_Odhran

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    i hope bb is gonna do some calc and send out bonus flowers to make up for this.... and BEFORE the end so we can actually use them. As far as i;m concerned if i see the teddy bear active i should be getting double loot... 9 times out of 10. i'm not.. and we PAID resources for the bonus to apply. (to make the buff).

World
    Zeus
    Sad to say the bonus loot not working is not only on the Valentine card buffs.

All my explorers, every single one, have 3 tomes in Sturdy Shovel. On medium searches, when they get the higher drop, it is 7 flowers because of the skill instead of 6. For the most part it's working; however, I noticed over the weekend that they were bringing back 6 from medium searches on an intermittent basis. In other words, I was getting a mix of 6 & 7 after a search.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Just did a 2nd thief, started after the Valentine buff and ended while it was still running, no extra loot.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    UPDATE: refreshing/logging off and on is at least one factor causing the buff to fail

There is also some good news. You can tell if the double is actually active or not. If you open your star menu and look at your maps, any multiplayer map that is affected by the buff will have a little star in the top right corner.

Those only appear if the buff is actually active and running, regardless of whether it says it is in the zone buff window. So if the stars are there, you are good to go. If not, the stop buff one farm and drop another card on it to restart the combo and check again.

This is also how I know refreshing can kill it. Had the stars showing, then accidentally hit the back button on my mouse exiting the game. Logged straight back in, but the stars were gone, even though the valentine zone buff was still showing as active and the farms still had 3 hours left.

EDIT: also just for informations sake, the buff works like premium, you can activate it just before finishing that adv and still get double loot/xp, it isn't like scout buff where it needs to be on first before you start the adventure.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    UPDATE: refreshing/logging off and on is at least one factor causing the buff to fail

There is also some good news. You can tell if the double is actually active or not. If you open your star menu and look at your maps, any multiplayer map that is affected by the buff will have a little star in the top right corner.

I mentioned this in my posting earlier about it. but its not bullet proof as it also bugs out. I've had cases where I did get double loot, but the icons aren't appearing on adventures. And I've had cases where they don't appear at all even with a fresh new valetine buff applied. and I got double resources/refills.

It's just buggy all around and not reliable. but yea- it helps to see the icon. but it doesn't always show up. and it doesn't always apply correctly either

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Doesn't seem encouraging this will be fixed, so I decided to just roll the dice based on the feedback and see what happens. I have run Second Thief a few times and then right at the end before the last battle self buffed. This has worked each time. Rather not have to use three of these per adventure, but worth it if it's working. They don't cost a lot, just take forever to produce. I don't use my regular provision house for much else anyway.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post
    I mentioned this in my posting earlier about it.
    I know. You reminding of those little stars is why I tried this in the first place, so thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post
    but its not bullet proof as it also bugs out. I've had cases where I did get double loot, but the icons aren't appearing on adventures. And I've had cases where they don't appear at all even with a fresh new valetine buff applied. and I got double resources/refills.

It's just buggy all around and not reliable. but yea- it helps to see the icon. but it doesn't always show up. and it doesn't always apply correctly either
    Hence why I said, " refreshing/logging off and on is at least one factor causing the buff to fail" indicating there are probably more. As far the stars being unreliable, they have worked perfectly for me so far, so I can't comment on your observations, but at least it is something to watch for.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    I will update the team with this information to see what can be done.

-BB_Odhran

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    The buff works for some and for others it isnt all over the europeon server where i play mostly and the german servers... buff worked for me for the first few adventures then all of a sudden stopped ...tried again today new buffs first adveture worked got double loot and xp playing siege so did other person so played again this returned normal non doubled loot.... buff ran out so buffed again tried again first adv again double loot any after that didnt
    I have found found something similar.. the buff worked for double rewards for the first number of days, then about 2-3 days ago, just stopped giving double rewards... and havent had a single instance of getting a double reward since

Reply to Thread