Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lovely Explorer's ability not working with Rarity Search

Noble
    World
    Ares

Lovely Explorer's ability not working with Rarity Search

Since Rarity search has instances of 25 and 50 beans/guild coins, she should always be returning with the higher amount 50 each time she rolls either of them. (She did function this way on test server) However, now multiple times she has returned with only the 25 value and under the 'affecting skills' section of the mail it doesn't even list her skill.

Noble
    World
    Ares

As you can see, it shows her skill as applying to other treasure searches, but not on rarity. Lovely Treasure: Always return the highest possible amount of resources from treasure search tasks. It is a treasure search that has differing amounts of the same resources so it should count.

World
    Zeus
    I suppose the point could be made that artifact and rarity searches could be considered by BB not to be treasure searches. Neither of these searches return event items and so are probably in a class by themselves. Not saying it's right. I agree that she should come back with 50 instead of 25.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Maybe, but since the Candid Explorer's and Courageous Explorer's abilities (x4 and x2 respectively) also say treasure search and do apply to Artifact and Rarity, it should be no different here.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    She doesnt come back w/ the highest artifact loot either.. had i known what perwyn suggests (or suspected) i wouldn't have wasted the books on artifact. the 2nd dolly is mid book waiting to find out what the heck is going on.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    Maybe, but since the Candid Explorer's and Courageous Explorer's abilities (x4 and x2 respectively) also say treasure search and do apply to Artifact and Rarity, it should be no different here.
    Well, yes and no since it's a different mechanic for the Lovely (highest numeric value) than for the other 2 (extra loot slots). In the case of the rarity search, yes she should return the higher value of 50 consistently since that's her "trait".

But on artifact, there is no value assigned, everything is a value of 1 buff/artifact so she has no selection criteria for her trait. One could hope that she'd always return from an artifact search with a rainbow snow, since that's what we value the highest, but that doesn't reflect her actual mechanic.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    She doesnt come back w/ the highest artifact loot either.. had i known what perwyn suggests (or suspected) i wouldn't have wasted the books on artifact. the 2nd dolly is mid book waiting to find out what the heck is going on.
    Her skill affects the quantity of loot only, not quality, and since all artifact searches return a max of 1 buff she has nothing to affect.

That said Perwyn, my point, is just that it shows that artifact and rarity are indeed considered treasure searches the same as the rest when it comes to special abilities and so should be no different here. If they want to change the rules on what constitutes a treasure search, then they should have changed her description to inform us of that. Besides, like I said, her ability did actually affect rarity on test server when she introduced.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Come on, guys... do you really think BB would give us an explorer (now two) who will always come back with a rainbow snow from artifact search?
    When they launched the event on test she was bringing back rainbow snow all the time... when BB realized what she is doing they changed it.. simple as that.

She is just an event explorer, get used to it. Use her for whatever outside the events and send her on treasure searches (the usual event ones) on event times. They will not gonna change her again.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by ghannima View Post
    Come on, guys... do you really think BB would give us an explorer (now two) who will always come back with a rainbow snow from artifact search?
    When they launched the event on test she was bringing back rainbow snow all the time...
    I don't recall her ever bringing back rainbows all the time so I will have to take your word for that, but this isn't about those. As I said her skill is about quantity and so has no values to affect in Artifact Search. As such, I do not care that it doesn't count for that. But Rarity is different, there are multiple values to choose from (25 and 50 of beans/guild coins) so her skill should affect that and give 50 of those each time they are chosen. It did work on test that way... sort of... she actually brought back two rarity results and if it was beans/gc you would get whatever she found PLUS the 50 result of it as well, but that showed that her skill did indeed apply.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    how the heck is this 100% best treasure???

Reply to Thread