Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 19.03.2019

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    Don't really think it is needed though for the endless mines. Those go back to star if destroyed so no risk in placing.
    I'm going to let someone else test that out first...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    ..... Once we receive the update we would like to have additional feedback for those generals that are still having issues. This will help us in seeing which ones are having issues and which are not. It does not mean we are not fixing them, but a general fix might not fix them all.

-BB_Odhran
    Please see my earlier comment on testing and test procedures.

The concept that you intend to fix the only problem (really?) that you know about and then wait for customers to provide further problem reports (we haven't already informed you that more than one general suffers transport time problems???? and even though these comments are telling you that generals other than Anslem suffers the problem!) does not fill me with a great deal of confidence. You already use a test server to do some of your job for you (which I really don't have a problem with, sometimes it is difficult to do all the testing yourself) - I'm sure that users there reported problems with the Observatory and now you are telling us that rather than do your job, you're going to wait for us to do more of it?

I'm getting the impression that BB have abrogated, if not all, then maybe the majority of testing to either the test server or the actual real user base. I am realistic, no software is without bugs, but you are surely aware that if you make your product buggy enough we will start looking elsewhere for our entertainment? The Valentine was obviously too big a change in the timeframe for BB to handle. A (much) delayed, (very) buggy product speaks for itself.

And let's not get into the lack of information on the weather station....... I know players who have just put the building into their menu because they don't know what it does, how it is supposed to help and are just hoping that one day somebody else - obviously not BB - will work out that information for them and post it somewhere.

Overall, the Valentine Event was pretty unimpressive and it's followup seems to be continuing in that vane - I get the impression of a product team that is struggling to keep its head above water and a management team desperately looking to increase gem sales......

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I didn't do any co-ops, but I did a bunch of Second Thief, which can be done solo if you want. I like that people had the choice. The problem with weeklies is that is says one adventure from the following list, then proceeds to list only one, which is always something awful. I don't even look at the weeklies. I just wait for them to bug me with the red quest failed warnings and repeat again.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Gwalben - most ppl I know have given up on the weeklies. The cost and "difficulty" (especially in running some adventures) just isn't worth the low XP and the few tokens is the general consensus. It is far cheaper to run some adventures for the equivalent XP and the tokens? well, you need too many to make any difference and besides, as you advance in the game, some buildings become redundant, so you end up replacing them with something else - this applies to pop buildings especially, so why bother?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Observatory is still broken, all generals still getting there at the unbuffed times

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    That's OK, we just have to follow the process BB_Ogden has outlined (implied in his earlier post in this thread):

1. BB make a change - doesn't matter if it addresses the entire problem previously reported or not, just as long as it appears like they are addressing our concerns (my interpretation btw)

2. we test it for them on the live system - because apparently if BB do have a test team, they are snowed under and can't test everything (again, my interpretation of what we are seeing)

3. we inform them it is (still) broken - partial or full (as per BB_Ogden's request)

4. BB disappear to who knows where to contemplate life and any of the other great mysteries..... Including (maybe?) why their "fixes" don't work? Policy obviously being to NOT keep the user base informed.... (again, my interpretation of what we see and therefore, maybe wrong?)

But I really shouldn't be so cynical or critical, after all, I have worked in the software industry for over 35 years and have observed the extremes..... I have seen software teams who use the test teams to find their bugs for them, I have seen management say "why waste money on testing, the user base is captive, let them find it for us"

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by AlliNel View Post
    Observatory is still broken, all generals still getting there at the unbuffed times
    Even the general, Anslem, that should have been fixed?

-BB_Odhran

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    my gift tree looks the same as before maint: http://prntscr.com/n0jbry

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by AlliNel View Post
    Prior to the fix: The travel time for quartermaster claus was reduced, but went into an relanding loop upon arrival. Relanding loop was also introduced for the regular quartemasters; do not recall whether the travel time was reduced though

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    Even the general, Anslem, that should have been fixed?

-BB_Odhran
    Yes, nothing has been fixed in regards to the Observatory. Just in case your developers do not know, generals with no skills worked and still work fine with the observatory, so apparently the problem is related to some skill(s).

Reply to Thread