Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "We the people, need more land"

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

"We the people, need more land"

OK i get it, we are given only so much land, and how we use it is part of the built in strategy off the game. The problem is that we are also given new buildings, and also offered buildings for gems (real money), and we know BB likes real money. Right BB.

That said, It is hard to buy these buildings knowing you have no place to put them.. I know more land can effect market prices, but the worst that can happen is that new players enjoy the game more, because they can afford to buy resources. Hence not quitting after 1 week. Hence more potential future gem buyers. Hence keeping the servers lights on... and that's a lot of Hences.

So if you feel the way i do, please comment on this subject, and ask BB to give us an option for more land.

Also BB, there is still a few mountains we could blow up.. Maybe give us (or sell us) some more of those dynomite demo guys and open up some building spots that way.. just an idea
    Attached Images

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Are you suggesting that we can buy parts of new player islands for our own use?
    Mad scientist.

World
    Zeus
    Nice cartoon!
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I'm leaving more and more buildings in my star. The problem is you're getting all of these buildings, many of which are massive, and then you're expected to place multiples of them. I might bite on the new islands, which I'm sure there will be more of, but I know at least at launch there were problems with deposits on them that I didn't care to invite on myself.

World
    Ares
    More land, with more build-able spots would be awesome. The available spots are pretty paltry on the new desert isles. We also need a free move day (or weekend) since we're now getting buff buildings which require a lot of rearrangement. A "24 hour moving day" zone buff could also be something we could buy at the merchant. It could be offered for gems, tokens, or map frags. It could also part of a loot drop from advs, increasing in likelihood of drop as the adv difficulty rises.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I can't see new land anymore, the Archipleago was aggrevating me due to all the waste spaces left and right and there is only so much building variety with 2x3/3x2 etc buildings. The latest islands carry that tradition on and for that price tag for that space, hard rip off in my eyes.

My issue with some of the new buildings is they aren't also just random new buildings. I'll be dammed if I restructure my island to fit the bloody Xmas Market. That building needs some planning for and around it, not just "hey my island is loaded, let's just plop that here, a'ight cool".

The free move day isn't gonna happen anymore (at least not according to Alex), if you are waiting on that before "advancing" in your game, you are just gimping yourself.
    A feature I'd like to see is to be able to put all your buildings away to see what the building space availablility is and have buildings to be moved get their info saved and transferred into star/some sub menu and can then be pulled out again once one has arranged space. Currently we'd end up moving twice on avarage (well, one if you hardcore plan) for no better reason than missing a feature.
    Going to testserver is a workaround solution that worked for me when ImpStorages were introduced....not as simple anymore as it used to be.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Christmas market takes a lot of effort and resources, but well worth it. Love gardens conversely don't seem to be worth bothering.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    How about just bring back the glitch to removing bushes. A lot of good space is wasted by having them on the Islands. And possibly a Tree remover buff like we have for blowing up rubble, rocks & mountains. We can pick a few places that we don't need or want trees and remove them permanently and use the new space for other things

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    My problem with all the new stuff (buildings especially, that need to be placed in primary locations with other buildings) is that I do have a few buldings sitting on spots that are no longer there (remove bush glitch), and since I'm lazy lol, I can be bothered to figure out which buildings I can't move for fear of losing the building space, so I just don't make much effort to use all these new buildings.

For example, giving the Christmas Market the ability to function as a storehouse with say 1000 storage would not be game-breaking by any means, but it would allow those of us with key buildings we'd like to use with it to put it at the center of a cluster of buildings. Making it a 2x2 building (I have no idea how big it actually is lol) would make it an excellent building for replacing a storehouse.

Love Gardens should have 50 pop each, then they are like Pirate Residences that add quest content, so far the quests have been okay but not exciting, it's great new content but difficult to use. I set up a 5x5 residence grid in my nearly empty s1 that I hate looking at, but I'm leaving it there until I at least cycle through all the quests once.

I don't think more land is actually the answer, making these special buildings replace existing buildings probably is, or fit the 2x2, 2x3 or 3x2 format of regular buildings.
    Last edited by KingHomer; 03-17-19 at 10:03 am. Reason: Examples added

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    I will be sure to let the Dev's know that more land is needed for all of the new buildings that keep coming out.

-BB_Odhran

Reply to Thread