Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek Easter 2019

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    Sorry - i invested a ton of time testing the val event.. none of our reports were heeded whatsoever by bb devs. Heck, stuff's still broken from xmas event. I'm not wasting my time testing easter for you too.
    See, Admin, Devs...this is what you do not want. I understand you are a business but..... lately things have been..... (I am going to be PC about this comment) off.... Problems are not getting fixed and while, I am all for new content, it has added A LOT of issues and then when something does get fixed or worked on...it is random (adventure pricing?). It is like...going to a doctor for a broken leg and they give you a flu shot to get better..... I mean...thanks for the flu shot but that doesn't address the issue. It is almost like BB has one person working there and they have a random spin the wheel that is turned once a week and where it lands, that person works on that particular item..... I really do enjoy the game and, I am fine for the difficulty getting raised, the new content and the time it takes things to get done. What, I am NOT OK with is the constant problems....and the feeling that nothing is getting done about them. Continue what you are doing but please...PLEASE, start digging deeper at the cause of all these bugs and fix them.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    Oh man...........

Later that same evening......

Did you give him 3 in Unstoppable Charge? Which Sim has him?

The following morning.......

It still isn't making sense that he's not any good. A major with 3 in Unstoppable, 1 in Master Planner and 285 knights does 20,805 1st strike dmg with splash (73 x 285 = 20,805). Boris with same stats and 195 knights should do 21,352 ((73 x 1.5) x 195)) AND take 1/2 dmg from swift units.

So on the last 3 of MCC he should be useful against frost eagles and frost fox, especially if combined with Heavy Fog from the weather station. I've simmed (with Heavy Fog) 1st waves of MMA/knights followed by Major with either all knights or knights and besiegers against these camps with good results.

In theory, Boris in place of a major should do as well or better. Until I can sim him for the attacks I've come up with for MCC incorporating Heavy Fog, won't know for sure. The Mad Scientist was disappointing, but he's last strike so it makes sense that he'd be not so great. Not giving up hope on Boris just yet. Meanwhile, back at the ranch......

After more coffee......

Oh wait....... frost bears.......... oh man.........
    To you and, Artillerist. Any update on the testing of, Boris? How does he look? I am debating on getting a Nusala (with gems), but if the general performs better then, I can save gems and get a superior general. I know you guys do not work for the company but asking based off of your observations.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Beel78 View Post
    To you and, Artillerist. Any update on the testing of, Boris? How does he look? I am debating on getting a Nusala (with gems), but if the general performs better then, I can save gems and get a superior general. I know you guys do not work for the company but asking based off of your observations.
    Heya Beel! Haven't tested him any further. Hoping he'll be added to the DSO sim soon so I can play around more. Too much like work to do it on test.

I like Nusala and all, but she hasn't been especially useful for me. She is a very powerful sac general, but of the 3 COA's she's the least powerful overall. So yeah, wait and see how Boris shakes out. If he ends up being just a sac general he's still going to be a beastie MMA on steroids and the best sac gen for cav and knights.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I've gotten a lot of use out of Nusala (for sacrifices) and would recommend her regardless. Boris is on the TSO Maps sim. I haven't looked very much into him yet and just wanted to see how he is as a sac general, in which case he's half way between MMA and Nusala.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    Heya Beel! Haven't tested him any further. Hoping he'll be added to the DSO sim soon so I can play around more. Too much like work to do it on test.

I like Nusala and all, but she hasn't been especially useful for me. She is a very powerful sac general, but of the 3 COA's she's the least powerful overall. So yeah, wait and see how Boris shakes out. If he ends up being just a sac general he's still going to be a beastie MMA on steroids and the best sac gen for cav and knights.
    Ah, thank you. After posting this, I further reviewed the champions and it was looking like Anslem would be my pick (I already have Vargus) I really appreciate your quick reply but, I am a cheap *******, I would rather ask someone who has studied the various mechanics of the game and is familiar with multiple aspects (ok, I possibly might be doing a little kiss *** right now). That being said, reading your post then, I might just go ahead and get Anslem and then grab Boris during the event. That would round out my generals nicely. Thank you again. I hope Boris turns out to be as good as his initial view as opposed to what it seems he is doing on the test server (I have never been on the test server) from what it sounds like.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Beel78 View Post
    See, Admin, Devs...this is what you do not want. I understand you are a business but..... lately things have been..... (I am going to be PC about this comment) off.... Problems are not getting fixed and while, I am all for new content, it has added A LOT of issues and then when something does get fixed or worked on...it is random (adventure pricing?). It is like...going to a doctor for a broken leg and they give you a flu shot to get better..... I mean...thanks for the flu shot but that doesn't address the issue. It is almost like BB has one person working there and they have a random spin the wheel that is turned once a week and where it lands, that person works on that particular item..... I really do enjoy the game and, I am fine for the difficulty getting raised, the new content and the time it takes things to get done. What, I am NOT OK with is the constant problems....and the feeling that nothing is getting done about them. Continue what you are doing but please...PLEASE, start digging deeper at the cause of all these bugs and fix them.
    exactly

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillerist View Post
    Hey Perwyn Unless things change or the sim Im using is wrong General boris is about as useful as Mad scientist. Ive yet to find a camp where he is the best to use
    Heya Artillerist. Finally had a chance to play around on TSO Sim and found a few spots where Boris is useful in MCC campaign. In Unknown Regions, him having +50% dmg for swifts & -50% dmg from swifts helps out. The camps with a lot of Frost Foxes and a low number of Ibex is where he shines. I was doing a MMA sac with cav to kill a few foxes before sending Vargus to finish. With Boris, I can skip the cav sac entirely and his loss of Knights is comparable to Vargus loss of Mounted Swords as far as resources. 68 knights vs 34 mounted swords is actually better since only horses are lost. Plus like I already said, skips the sac wave entirely. Also.... there's a camp with 200 foxes I was using an Assassin on. A major could take out the camp, but loses 276 Knights. Boris takes it out and loses 138 Knights. So might be saving a few star coins on that camp going forward.

There's also at least one camp in Foot of the Mountain where I can swap him out for a Major to cut losses and if I bother doing the side quests/sections can swap him out for Vargus there on at least one camp also.

Still just scratching the surface.. haven't gotten too far into Labyrinth or even started People or Giant battle yet, but overall I'm encouraged and think he is definitely going to be a lot more useful than the Mad Scientist. The last 3 MCC with Heavy Fog engaged could get pretty interesting
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post

Also, I like that Mod_Emerald gave us that first look shop screen and I appreciate the effort, but in the future could you make sure to have enough resources to buy each item before taking the pics? It is hard to see the prices when they are all in red like that. Thanks
    The market overview has been updated with white text

World
    Zeus
    One thing a lot of people seem to be overlooking is the bonus to XP for troops killed from Boris. When Mary was released, people fell in love with using her for certain attacks, just for the bonus XP she provides, even though her skills are sub standard at best. Boris comes in with pretty impressive stats and then with the bonus XP just emphasizes the usefulness of this new Gen.

Boris looks like a cross between Nusa, MMA and Mary, I see the potential for Him to be useful in many aspects of adventuring. Whether it be as a sac gen or as a killing gen is the part that's uncertain, but nevertheless, Boris will be a very useful gen.

As for the difficulties of gaining the currency for event items, I think that it is getting ridiculous, while increasing the prices of the merchandise, they reduce the ability to gain the currency for those items. I don't mind the increases of the prices all that much except the drastic inflation of them, but to limit the ability of how much of the currency you can get is utterly ridiculous.

Like Halloween, it's more and more expensive to buy things with pumpkins, but every adventure only gives refills for patches and there is only a max amount of pumpkins you can gain from each patch no matter how much work you put in. It should be that when you do an adventure, you get the actual currency, no limits on how much of that currency you can get, just that you have to do more and more adventures if you want more of that resource. To limit the max amount of the currency you can get regardless of how hard you work is just idiotic, that's essentially trying to force people to pay to play a game that is supposed to be free unless people choose to pay. But the way the game is turning, the pay players are the only ones managing to actually progress while free players are left behind with bare minimum.

TSO wonders why it's getting harder to get and retain players, it's partially because new players are seeing that without forking out large amounts of money, they can't really get anywhere and are left behind.

The gem packages NEVER change, the sales are exactly the same every time as well. The same 6 packages with the same 6 offers during sales. Even while prices of things are increasing and new content is more expensive, the gems packages remain the same. I think TSO is seriously shooting themselves in the foot in regards to how they are changing events and how they ignore the potential of profits by being so strict and narrow on gem sales.

Reply to Thread