View Poll Results: Do you own a copy of the adventure "Pirate Life"?

Voters
20. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I have at least one copy

3 15.00%
  • No, I have no copies

17 85.00%
Reply to Thread

Thread: A Pirate Life for me?

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares

Question A Pirate Life for me?

Looking through the list of adventures for the upcoming Easter event, I noticed that Pirate Life is both a high drop and a bonus adventure. Looking at my store of adventures, I found I don't own a single one. It is not findable from any adventure search and only purchasable with gems. This would explain why it is on a list of seldom done adventures.

Does anyone own a copy of this adventure?

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Not yet but I noticed that it is one of the adventures we can vote for in the upcoming guild market so I hope everyone votes for it and we will be able to get it for guild coins. The current guild market expires in something like 10-12 days (can't remember exactly and the game is down now so I can't check) so if it rolls over smoothly to the new guild market, we could have Pirate Life available for guild coins during the event, which would be very nice.

World
    Ares
    Hey Aurboth. I can't tell you right now if I have any Pirate Life adventures, due to the surprise Maintenance that was sprung upon us this morning. But, in a way, this is kind of expected behavior as of late, right? Sure, for Easter, this adventure looks like it might be a rewarding one to run, but you have to spend Gems to get any. Kind of like the way the Halloween and Valentine's events were run -- Can't really get everything that you want unless you're willing to spend.

Just my opinion... -EG

Update: I have none.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
    Not yet but I noticed that it is one of the adventures we can vote for in the upcoming guild market so I hope everyone votes for it and we will be able to get it for guild coins. The current guild market expires in something like 10-12 days (can't remember exactly and the game is down now so I can't check) so if it rolls over smoothly to the new guild market, we could have Pirate Life available for guild coins during the event, which would be very nice.
    Good observation. Of course, at 570 guild coins as the expected price, only those who have been collecting coins already or who can convince others to sell will be able to get enough adventures to make a difference for the event.

The philosophy behind the boosted adventures may be flawed, at least from the player perspective. While running different adventures is a nice change and giving bonus loot makes them more advantageous to run, the reason for the low numbers run in this case is from the cost of obtaining the adventure itself, not performing it. From a business standpoint, it may cause players to spend more gems to get them, at the cost of alienating the player base.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    *waiting for the day WotS gets some double/triple boost during events....*

Reply to Thread