Reply to Thread

Thread: Settlers History Collection?

World
    Zeus

Settlers History Collection?

Wow. I'm actually disappointed that the collection did NOT include the settlers 2 anniversary edition.

The history edition of settlers 2 = awful.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    I like the collection.. Played Settlers 3 and 4 for several years... Was happy to get all 7

World
    Zeus
    Settlers 7 = the worst ever. Wish I had checked steam to see what others are saying first. "mostly negative" was spot on par.

God. This collection wasn't worth $20 (50% from $40). maybe $10.

And the sad part is Uplay doesn't offer the refund options like Steam does.

I already own the other settlers game from before so this collection was a complete waste of my money.

The only really good games out of that collection are:
    1, 2 (for the nostalgia bit),

3 AND 4 (definitely the best of the lot!)

Really was hoping they had 10th anniversary (remake) of 2. That version was great.

5,6,7 are the WORST of the entire series. Ever since they introduced 3D and tried to get all fancy with the camera angles.

Please for the love of god, I hope they don't butcher the new Settlers 8 coming out this year.
    Thank god they cancelled/canned the last Settlers 8 project that became Champions of Anteria. OMG it horrible.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Remember playing 4. Kicked everybodys butt until the black swamp dudes came. Could not defeat them no matter what i tried. Only time ive been defeated by AI in a computer game. Any idea what i did wrong?
    Mad scientist.

World
    Zeus
    LOL. This has to be the biggest joke in online gaming. I would consider buying this set if it were available through another medium besides Uplay. I would even pay extra to receive a disk I could install them from. When I Googled Uplay it brought up the web site & a lot of information, including how difficult it is to access the Uplay web site & is often offline a lot. These comments were further justified when I tried several times, using Chrome & Internet Explorer, to go to the Uplay web site to create an account & received only a blank page for my efforts. This was the web link given https://uplay.ubisoft.com/ . I think that the developers should take a good hard look at what people are saying about their product & the web site it is only available through. And I do spend money on The Settlers online game so the issue is NOT a monetary one. It would be very foolish to buy an item when the client it supposedly plays through can't be accessed.

Reply to Thread