Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 09.04.2019

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Do you walk around at the beginning of January wishing people a "Merry Christmas!" still? No! That **** is done on the 26th because the holiday is done.
    In want to live under your rock if I may. People starting Xmas deco in novemeber and do that happy holiday crap until mid January for all I've experienced /sigh

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Why does it seem that everyone is in a rush to be done with something so quickly? Wouldn't you want the event to last longer so that you could get more things from it? Also I wouldn't want the event to just end the day of the holiday. Most holidays I'm spending them with family and wouldn't even worry about a game. On top of that a lot of people go out of town before/during a holiday.

I just don't get this rush to be done as soon as it is over . Enjoy the small things in life and don't rush it.

-BB_Odhran
    Last edited by BB_Odhran; 04-03-19 at 02:07 am.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Good laughs

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post

I just don't get this rush to be done as soon as it is over . Enjoy the small things in life and don't rush it.

-BB_Odhrna
    ^^^^ ^^^^^^ Even a BB needs spell check on his own name sometimes

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    Why does it seem that everyone is in a rush to be done with something so quickly? Wouldn't you want the event to last longer so that you could get more things from it? Also I wouldn't want the event to just end the day of the holiday. Most holidays I'm spending them with family and wouldn't even worry about a game. On top of that a lot of people go out of town before/during a holiday.

-BB_Odhrna
    How does starting earlier make it last longer? The event, unless changed, goes for three weeks (plus the shutdown week), and given that the holiday falls inside the event as well, whether at the beginning or at the end, that also won't change the plans for that day will it? Part of the event itself is the seasonal mood. Having it out of season makes it awkward and weird. Think if we had the Christmas event in June. While the event itself would give us something to do, it wouldn't be a true Christmas event. The spirit of it, what you would call one of the 'small things in life', wouldn't be there. That seasonal mood, that spirit, is part of the event too, and it is done with the holiday. Starting this late diminishes the event, even if it is just a small thing.

And fyi, when I said it should end with the holiday, I don't mean cut short on that day specifically, but the holiday should be as close to the end as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    In want to live under your rock if I may. People starting Xmas deco in novemeber and do that happy holiday crap until mid January for all I've experienced /sigh
    Well technically "Happy Holidays" in intended to encompass more than just Christmas. Hanukkah, New Years, Ukrainian Christmas, and so forth. Some of which actually happen in January, so you might be stuck there. Now people starting Christmas the second Halloween ends? They suck.

Quote Originally Posted by August-Hale View Post
    Orthodox Easter is April 28

Event seems perfectly timed
    Ah yes. I had forgotten all about Orthodox Easter. Remind me again, was that the one where they celebrate the resurrection of Peter Cottontail and his twelve disciples - the dozen colored eggs? No?

Settler
    World
    Ares
    the easter bunny died for your sins!!!!

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by LordMadmax View Post
    ^^^^ ^^^^^^ Even a BB needs spell check on his own name sometimes
    Maybe it was my alter ego?!

-BB_Odhran

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Not sure why people need to find something to complain about but (especially the petty crap)....thank you for fixing the endless Coppermine.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Beel78 View Post
    Not sure why people need to find something to complain about but (especially the petty crap)....thank you for fixing the endless Coppermine.
    You know something, it IS a petty thing. I know that's true.

The thing is, I used to love this game. When I first started playing and it was fresh and new I played it basically every spare moment I had. I remember one three day binge where I used a one day premium token and stayed up for 24 hours straight grinding exp. Then when it wore out I had a good sleep, only to wake up, pop another 1 day premium and grind for another 24 hours straight. Maybe it was tedious but that's the game. Thankfully, we had events every now and then to break up the monotony with some holiday fun. Celebrate the holiday season, have some fun, collect some cool prizes. And yeah if you wanted to work hard you could clear it in a week, but who cares? Why shouldn't I be able to enjoy the event how I like? If I am willing to put in that effort why shouldn't I get that reward?

But somewhere it started to go wrong. Someone decided that events should be more difficult and punishing instead of fun and carefree. So they lowered the event returns and increased the prices as a test, and when it was over they made a poll to see what the players thought. Unsurprisingly the majority of people hated it. But that meant little to the devs as with the next event it got worse and with the event after it got even worse still. More and more people objected that it wasn't fun anymore but the response just turned to, "You shouldn't be able to get everything!"

Why, I ask you, should we not be able to get everything? If I play for years and work to collect all the resources possible to make these events easier (more explorers and generals for faster adventuring plus skills to improve both), why should it be harder for me now than it was before? Why, because BB is a business and by making it too hard to get everything it 'encourages' players to spend money on gems to buy the items.

Now sure I understand that change from a business' perspective, but from a player's perspective it destroys both my enjoyment in the game and my trust in the game maker. These events suck now. I have to work more in the game than I have to at my real job if I want it all. Every event over the last year has left me feeling mentally drained and irritated. I usually can't even force myself to do adventures for at least a month after. Hell aside from the necessary wisdoms for a weekly, I have barely done anything since Valentine's. I am already starting to HATE this game. At this point, the only reasons I log in are habit and because I am close to 75. I am honestly sick of this.

So what does all this have to do with that 'petty crap', you might ask? It is simple. The events are already not fun anymore. They are just an carrot on a stick to make you grind harder and sell all your stuff to get those prizes just so you can feel like you didn't miss out on something that half the time doesn't even work properly anyway. The last bastion of their appeal is the holiday aspect for me. That little boost to not only the game but to the holidays themselves. It is nice to go to places and see the holiday stuff everywhere and just feel that holiday mood and come home and have your game join in on the fun as part of it all.

An event without that spirit is just a boring repetitive grind, and that is already what the non-event time is. If the events that are supposed to be our break from that become worse than that themselves, then how can it even be called a game anymore? With no fun, it just becomes work, and since I am not getting paid for this, the incentive to continue diminishes with every choice like they make.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    just feel that holiday mood and come home and have your game join in on the fun as part of it all.
    Enjoy & count the good things in life, play settlers when you can. You're reward is to "Keep the Easter spirit alive"!

May God Bless All That You Do!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

7 Years of the settlers online, best fun ever!

Thank You Ubisoft for creating the Settlers game which has kept me busy for 7 years.

Reply to Thread