Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 09.04.2019

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Every time i login game downloads 150 MB of data approx, i think its not cacheing and taking almost half hour to log in, kindly check

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by marcopolo2901 View Post
    Every time i login game downloads 150 MB of data approx, i think its not cacheing and taking almost half hour to log in, kindly check
    I will note this down for the Dev team to look into. Thank you for the report. What browser are you using when this happens as well?

-BB_Odhran

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    windows 10 and chrome, game loads take 10-20 minutes and sometimes doesn't load at all. Loads of people reporting this issue which is spoiling the Easter event, without even mentioning the non-appearing second quest.

Sorry to say not up to standard. Some serious effort needed and a hotfix, I hope.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    starting around 8pm est - every night - the game starts freezing.. freeze if an expl comes home, freeze if you go to adv, freeze if you start an adv, freeze if a geo finds a spot, freeze if you get a trade sold or expired... freeze when your gens come home.... freeze for any event...
    its crazy.. its unplayable -- freezing upwards of 20 min tonight.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    starting around 8pm est - every night - the game starts freezing.. freeze if an expl comes home, freeze if you go to adv, freeze if you start an adv, freeze if a geo finds a spot, freeze if you get a trade sold or expired... freeze when your gens come home.... freeze for any event...
    its crazy.. its unplayable -- freezing upwards of 20 min tonight.
    Anyone else having this issue?

-BB_Odhran

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    Anyone else having this issue?

-BB_Odhran
    In answer to your question BB_Odhran, that would be an absolute yes.

Many of these issues are not new, have actually been going on for MONTHS and they have slowly and finally creeped up to a point of critical mass. In my case it has nothing to do with time of day, it happens all the time.

Anytime generals come back from an adventure my screen locks up while they build their garrisons, when they're done there's the loud crashing sound as all garrisons complete, and my screen is released from the freeze.

Any time I launch a quest (eg:Save the Deer) my screen locks up for 10 to 20 seconds, then the new quest banner pops up and releases my screen. Quest complete? Same thing.

Anytime I come back from or go to an adventure the loading map screen sits and sits and sits and sits sometimes for a full minute before I get home or land at the adventure. Once in a while the transition is fairly quick, but that is the exception, not the rule.

Anytime I go to an adventure for the first time the screen locks up while the map paints itself. This can take 5 or 10 seconds or, especially in the case of MCC my screen is frozen for up to a minute while the map is drawn.

Anytime I visit a friends island for the first time in a session, the screen locks up while the map is painted. This can take a few seconds, 20 to 30 seconds, or in 1 out of 10 instances Flashplayer simply crashes and I have to refresh. And then deal with the excessive login wait time.

I could keep giving examples; however, they're all very similar in that the game freezes whenever something occurs that requires a notification to pop up, the game freezes whenever we travel from one map to the next, and also not mentioned by me until now, yes, the game freezes and lags become even worse whenever there is a lot of server activity in the evenings or horribly so during events as in the Valentine event.

The excessive login time started on test 3 or 4 months ago and has been imported to the live server with subsequent updates. It started off as just being mildly irritating because it was an extra 20 seconds or so and has now reached the point of being infuriating as it can take 3, 5, 10, 12 minutes, or more, to get into the game. After getting a flash crash this past Thursday it took 1 hour and 35 minutes to get back in. I count myself lucky to be able to get in at all.

I hope your bosses fully appreciate the fierce and sincere loyalty of every single person that has not said the hell with it and completely given up on this game.

With all due respect,
    Perwyn
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Now chat is dead, blank, nada. Not even a thing saying "no connection"

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    In answer to your question BB_Odhran, that would be an absolute yes.

Many of these issues are not new, have actually been going on for MONTHS and they have slowly and finally creeped up to a point of critical mass. In my case it has nothing to do with time of day, it happens all the time.

Anytime generals come back from an adventure my screen locks up while they build their garrisons, when they're done there's the loud crashing sound as all garrisons complete, and my screen is released from the freeze.

Any time I launch a quest (eg:Save the Deer) my screen locks up for 10 to 20 seconds, then the new quest banner pops up and releases my screen. Quest complete? Same thing.

Anytime I come back from or go to an adventure the loading map screen sits and sits and sits and sits sometimes for a full minute before I get home or land at the adventure. Once in a while the transition is fairly quick, but that is the exception, not the rule.

Anytime I go to an adventure for the first time the screen locks up while the map paints itself. This can take 5 or 10 seconds or, especially in the case of MCC my screen is frozen for up to a minute while the map is drawn.

Anytime I visit a friends island for the first time in a session, the screen locks up while the map is painted. This can take a few seconds, 20 to 30 seconds, or in 1 out of 10 instances Flashplayer simply crashes and I have to refresh. And then deal with the excessive login wait time.

I could keep giving examples; however, they're all very similar in that the game freezes whenever something occurs that requires a notification to pop up, the game freezes whenever we travel from one map to the next, and also not mentioned by me until now, yes, the game freezes and lags become even worse whenever there is a lot of server activity in the evenings or horribly so during events as in the Valentine event.

The excessive login time started on test 3 or 4 months ago and has been imported to the live server with subsequent updates. It started off as just being mildly irritating because it was an extra 20 seconds or so and has now reached the point of being infuriating as it can take 3, 5, 10, 12 minutes, or more, to get into the game. After getting a flash crash this past Thursday it took 1 hour and 35 minutes to get back in. I count myself lucky to be able to get in at all.

I hope your bosses fully appreciate the fierce and sincere loyalty of every single person that has not said the hell with it and completely given up on this game.

With all due respect,
    Perwyn
    +1 on all of those.
    I started to clean cache after each adv, else the freezing and waiting on loading maps make the game unplayable, but i am one of the lucky players without connection problems and i can login an 2-3 min...

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I see 2 main issues, myself (well, 3 now that chat is dead). There's an issue where any time there are lots of people on the server is obviously not coping well with the load, hence the short freezes and lag in the game such as it taking 5 minutes for an adventure invitation to show up when you know someone just sent it. That looks to me like a server capacity and/or connection capacity issue

Then there's the elephant in the room that Flash is past its best (such as that was) and (I suspect) no longer being developed and due to be killed off in about a year. To be fair, TSO is not the only game still using it - I play other games still using flash. I also play Forge of Empires and that has both flash and HTML5 clients and you can switch from one to the other - so it clearly CAN be done and I for one would welcome the sign of commitment to the undoubtedly loyal player base of TSO which a switch to HTML5 or some other more modern platform would demonstrate. I'm not that happy any more spending money on gems, say, with no concrete sign of what will happen when flash dies. Already in Chrome I have to give permission for every game load, because you can no longer set permission to use flash without asking.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Llewelyn1966 View Post
    I see 2 main issues, myself (well, 3 now that chat is dead). There's an issue where any time there are lots of people on the server is obviously not coping well with the load, hence the short freezes and lag in the game such as it taking 5 minutes for an adventure invitation to show up when you know someone just sent it. That looks to me like a server capacity and/or connection capacity issue

Then there's the elephant in the room that Flash is past its best (such as that was) and (I suspect) no longer being developed and due to be killed off in about a year. To be fair, TSO is not the only game still using it - I play other games still using flash. I also play Forge of Empires and that has both flash and HTML5 clients and you can switch from one to the other - so it clearly CAN be done and I for one would welcome the sign of commitment to the undoubtedly loyal player base of TSO which a switch to HTML5 or some other more modern platform would demonstrate. I'm not that happy any more spending money on gems, say, with no concrete sign of what will happen when flash dies. Already in Chrome I have to give permission for every game load, because you can no longer set permission to use flash without asking.
    As BB_Alex already wrote in the test server forum, no DSO2 or HTML5 client is planned. Nevertheless, we have of course the flash situation on our monitor and work on different ways, how to address the problem of the noted "deactivation" of 2020 flash players.
    One idea is a standalone client similar to the one we are currently using (Slim).

- We do NOT work on HTML 5 or DSO 2.0
    - We are indeed working on a plan for a time when Flash is no longer supported by browsers.

-BB_Odhran

Reply to Thread