Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 09.04.2019

World
    Zeus
    @BB_Odhran

Let me point out to you this simple fact:

"All of these challenges will contain stages which ask you to accomplish things such as producing resources, completing adventures creating and applying buffs etc. What they do not contain is any luck-based tasks, such as treasure hunts; this means you can more predictably complete these challenges with some consistency, without the fear of running out of time due to bad luck."

Source:
    https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/...aining-Grounds

The Task for Completing Challenges players starting at level 56:
    "Complete 2 adventures “Ali Baba And The Second Thief” (From Architectural Inspiration subquest to Town Construction)
    "Complete 3 adventures “Ali Baba And The First Thief” (From The Cure subquest to Epidemic)
    Source:
    http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/ques...ly-challenges/

Ali Baba, The Young Wood Cutter Adventure (available in adventure for fragments) = NOT used in any sub-quest. MUST complete to obtain First and Second Thief.

Drop Chance for Ali Baba and the Second Thief and First Thief:

http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/adve...g-wood-cutter/
    First Thief: 16.7%
    Second Thief: 16.7%
    Third Thief: 16.7% (NOT used in any quest)
    NOTHING: 50%

66.7% = Chance of FAILING.

I must do this (young woodcutter) multiple times to obtain first thief map (2 of them). and second thief map (3 of them).
    And then I must make enough troops to actually do the maps in question for the quest. 2 or 3 of them.

So tell me exactly, how the Dev said It's predictable and no task requiring players running out of time due to fear of bad luck??

Players who JUST turned level 56. Can start to build the first building: Arquebuse Maker. Which takes at least 2 weeks to upgrade.
    Which I might also add the units LOST is significantly high without Besiegers. Which we can't build.

Do you think that's reasonable to ask players to do multiple Young Woodcutters, AT least 2-3x (if you get perfect drop chances), and then (2-3x) again First Thief or Second Thief. ??? And if your map doesn't drop at all. You're out of luck.

Maybe the level bracket for the woodcutter series should be delayed/changed to players reaching level 58.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Observatory still not working properly after last nights update - Glitched with QMs still.

This affects all generals that think they are commanding troops brought to the adventure by the QM

solution - Dont use QMs at all for troop transport, or dont use observatory, or just give up

I wish they would fix the existing content instead of adding new content

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post
    @BB_Odhran

Let me point out to you this simple fact:

"All of these challenges will contain stages which ask you to accomplish things such as producing resources, completing adventures creating and applying buffs etc. What they do not contain is any luck-based tasks, such as treasure hunts; this means you can more predictably complete these challenges with some consistency, without the fear of running out of time due to bad luck."
    Gotta read the fine print. More... a vague descriptor that is subjective, not fact.

It is technically 'more' predictable than if they had also included treasure hunts.

I do agree with most everyone's posts here. Bottom line the Weekly challenge is not fun, not worth my resources, and I just let them fail. I wish I could get rid of the the quest failed bouncing arrow, that's is a nasty virus that I hate having to cure every week.

World
    Ares
    I've been having problems loading the game since the update. This morning (Tues) it took at least twice as long as usual from clicking "Play Now" to when the island appears. This evening, I'm at a good 10 minutes of "loading", which is at least 5x as long as normal, and it's still not done as of this writing. It's not my router, as other webpages load fine.

Update: I closed and reopened my Chrome browser, which then forced me to re-allow Flash to run. Game loading time was quite a bit better. We'll see if this lasts.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    The update log fails to mention that the Spring Park was updated with a new buff: Children's Easter Novels.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    took 20 min to load the game today and i had to do a refresh. crazy

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Since the update the game takes FOREVER to load. It stalls half way on the second load screen and sits there for like half an hour, sometimes doesn't load at all. Sometimes it "only" takes about 10 minutes

Not a local net issue, as everything else works fine, even other flash games and yes flash player is up to date. Something is wrong with some aspect.

Easter event is gonna be a washout if the game won't load.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    We are currently looking into these lag issues. Thank you for reporting them.

-BB_Odhran

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    +1 2nd day loading issues -- loads in the at screen 1/2 and gets stuck = have to refresh to get it to complete loading (the screen with the image and the progress bar)

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I started to think that BB is just checking statistics to learn which adv we like less and hate to run, and, instead of trying to improve it or at least make it more attractive they add the said adv to quests or make it seasonal on events to improve their statistics... and of course they call this a 'challenge'.

Reply to Thread