Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Notes Improvements for Weekly Challenges

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    Thank you for acknowledging our concerns. I shall remain cautiously optimistic.
    yup you said that perfectly. as one who ONLY does the ship quests - having some tokens from that would be nice

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I'm very excited about this news! It's great that you acknowledged feedback and made adjustments - THANK YOU! Looking forward to start doing Weeklys again.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I would think, work on problems and glitches before adding new content. just my opinion

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    When this was first introduced I did 1 just to see what it was like and instantly deemed it not worth it.

Without more information you cant realy ask for reliable feedback as there is really nothing to give feedback on apart from something might happen but I am not telling you specifics.

With more specific information we could give more valuable feedback.

World
    Zeus
    I tried a couple of the weekly quests when they first came out, but the rewards (17 tokens - compared to resources expended). There's better ways to get experience so their only benefit is tokens. Recently, I did one because I needed to get rid of some scenarios. I'm glad you're considering making adjustments in increased tokens and choices for quests. I'll have to wait and see. Right now I just ignore weekly quests.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by AThunderBolt View Post
    Sorry, but even with improved access to tokens, this wouldn't be enough for me to start doing weeklies. I'm not obsessed with a big pop max like some players seem to be. As you progress through the stages of the game, you get access to different pop buildings and replace the old ones with new - and any tokens invested go away with the rest of the resources you used to upgrade the buildings. The major problem (imo) for weeklies is the XP is just not worth the effort, I can make as much or more, just by doing a couple of adventures and they don't cost anywhere near the amount of resources and time that the weeklies require.

So not excited by these changes at all - keep your weeklies BB :-) As I have said in another thread, you really need to run these ideas by a small group of real players before you hatch them on the test server for viability. Save yourself and us a lot of wasted time.
    agree ++

Quote Originally Posted by LordGumble View Post
    like the idea, but there is really no information about the changes. quit doing weekly because of the rewards and cost involved.
    I think it was more of a political post, sort of like promise nothing, and you wont have to worry if that is what is delivered

Weeklys are way out of balance and BB is clearly going to continue ignoring that fact!

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alex View Post
    What do you think about those changes? Will they make Weekly Challenges more appealing? Will they improve the balance between challenge and reward? Will they address some of your concerns and make participation in Weekly Challenges more interesting?
    Well BB_Alex, if you ask us for a straight answer, then we shall say that, as far as we can see, looking at it by and large, taking one thing with another in terms of the average of opinions, then in the final analysis it is probably true to say, that at the end of the day, in general terms, you would probably find that, not to put too fine a point on it, there probably wasn't very much in it one way or the other as far as one can see, at this stage.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    Dear Settlers,

The Dev Notes for the Improvements for Weekly Challenges was just published and we can't wait to hear your initial impressions and overall feedback.

Thank you,
    BB_Odhran
    It's a nice start, but the main concern (at least for me) wasn't addressed. I no longer even start "Kingdom Defense" quest line because of the Whirlwind co-op demand. My gaming time is restricted by real life too much to twiddle it away trying to get 4 available players late at night for a Whirlwind. I also don't start the other quest lines if I don't already have the needed 1st or 2nd Thief advs on hand. While making those available for frags is helpful, MORE helpful would be allowing us to chose from 2 or 3 advs, and not necessarily do 3 of the same. And there should always be an alternative to a co-op.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    totally love SirPool's answer and agree with CoffeeCat as well. Hate the Whirlwind adventure, hate it even more in the weekly. We'll see what finally shakes out.

Soldier
    World
    Ares

Good reasons to run the weeklies!

Why run the weeklies?

Sir Humphrey Appleby clearly explains it here ...

Spoiler
    The Weekly challenges are run on an intricate and sophisticated system based on an hierarchical structure of interlocking and overlapping theorems designed to separate resources whilst reinforcing the challenge level of the adventures, quests which collectively and separately guide and supervise the diverse activities of the gameplay of the Settlers Online. So gameplay is not based on the ability to be able to complete these quests, or the subsequent challenges and other activities scheduled on a daily or weekly basis, or to take in to account the opinions of any individual settler, or guild, but by the developers of the Castle Empire who have a long term plan to develop these challenges and deplete the resources which they utilise and to the effect that said settlers will be faced with a the daily or weekly decisions in which way to spend their time playing TSO.
    The subsequent end of this is not a question of whether the weekly challenges are challenging at all but whether the continuance of these challenges will be seen as creating content that is innovative and different while in fact properly serving to deplete the resources set aside in one's star menu and utilising the time available for completing these quests so that the settler comes to appreciate their inherent complexity and intricacy on the grounds that discharging the quest will thereby bring to fruition the purpose of retaining supplementary content.

I am pretty sure that is what Alex and Odhran are talking about.

Reply to Thread