Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Notes Improvements for Weekly Challenges

On a peak over looking my island surrounded by black dragons
    World
    Zeus
    How about adding 1001 night advs for coins like fairy tales (and drop the price for fts).

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I enjoy the Weekly Challenges. I have embraced them, and taken them on at their toughest. To date I have completed 68 weekly challenges this year (95 days)
    It does help that I am level 75 with a very robust island and retired in real life, and thus I have the resources and time to tackle them.
    So my perspective on these is probably a bit different from most other players.

But one thing I will agree with the rest of the players about is the dislike for the enforced co-op adventures.

There are 4 weekly challenges, and 4 basic parts to each.
    Gather and pay resources.
    Build and pay troops.
    Run adventures and send explorers.
    Provide buffs for the ships.

Of the 16 possible requirements, 15 of these can be accomplished by your own effort. 1 of them places you at the mercy of finding three other players to participate in an adventure that no one WANTS to run. So you have to hope there are three others who NEED to run your co-op adventure. Multiple times.

It makes me feel like some manager or developer heard the saying "misery loves company" and decided to incorporate that into the game.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I don't want more adventures available for map frags. I want an actual choice:
    - Currently, it's run three Wisdoms... how about run three Wisdoms or Knowledges (which have a loot spot, which allows maybe to swap with another player)
    - Currently, it's run Besieged City... how about Besieged City or Sea Snake?
    - Currently it's run three WW's, how about run any three coops (seriously coops stink, but make it easier to find people by expanding the list)
    - Currently it's three Storm Recoveries. How about any three of SR, Snow White or MCC ventures? Ventures aren't a great choice, but I don't always have 3000 grout sitting around for the SR's, maybe I have the crystals or a venture in star to use as a possible alternate?

The other choice would be to add another four weeklies to spread the adventure pain to a more reasonable number of adventures. It's difficult to replace three Wisdoms in a few weeks, but if I had twice as long I could probably do a better job keeping those "in stock." Maybe add one where you have to run three Woodcutters and another where you have to run three Thiefs (any of the three, please!).

Anyway, my feedback is you are missing the point. There is so much content available (coops, missions, scenarios and ventures) that you really need to use more of it. Not cheapen what is already out there. Same goes for Pathfinder, by the way. Would be great to every 3 months or so add a new task to the random cycle around completing a different adventure. Traitors just isn't the exciting to run a lot, how about Horseback, Surprise Attack, others?

I would also love a quest series (open-ended, not part of the weekly or PF) to run every adventure in the game, including old seasonal ones (original soccer matches, End of the World, etc). Make those old ones you can't get anymore a reward for completing the quest before, so the player will have a copy of the adventure. Include all the ventures (at the end of the series, of course, since Snow White and MCC are higher level). This quest series could even repeat... give the occasional bored high-level player a reason to run some content they haven't used in years.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Angry They never really heard us at all!

Quote Originally Posted by pawlpawl View Post
    I would think, work on problems and glitches before adding new content. just my opinion
    I agree 100%! Sure would have been nice if they repaired some Ancient Glitches a very long time ago before adding new contents!
    I am the forgiving type, the glitches are ridiculous and aggravating to no avail!

I totally get what you are saying here pawlpawl, they never really heard us at all!

World
    Zeus
    These all sound like positive changes. Thanks BB

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

"It's a trap"

Quote Originally Posted by ghannima View Post
    To BB_Alex:

I am a lvl 75 player......I can think at myself as being one of the players on top of the 'food chain'.
    "It's a Trap" I agree you are a very loving "top of the food chain lvl 75 player. I still wuv you forever.
    I say my goodbye Ghannima, we did have some fun together and that came to the end, it is all good.
    I will be leaving the settlers online in less than a month after; almost 8 years of playing. Take care Melady
    "May God Bless All That You Do!" © 1993-2019

On a peak over looking my island surrounded by black dragons
    World
    Zeus
    I would also love a quest series (open-ended, not part of the weekly or PF) to run every adventure in the game, including old seasonal ones (original soccer matches, End of the World, etc). Make those old ones you can't get anymore a reward for completing the quest before, so the player will have a copy of the adventure. Include all the ventures (at the end of the series, of course, since Snow White and MCC are higher level). This quest series could even repeat... give the occasional bored high-level player a reason to run some content they haven't used in years.
    Great Idea!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I saw a lot of good things in KingHomers post:

- Currently, it's run three Wisdoms... how about run three Wisdoms or Knowledges (which have a loot spot, which allows maybe to swap with another player)
    Love this one!!! totally in line with the quest , doesnt seem to violate any BB logic.

- Currently, it's run Besieged City... how about Besieged City or Sea Snake?
    Love this one too for the same reasons

- Currently it's run three WW's, how about run any three coops (seriously coops stink, but make it easier to find people by expanding the list)
    great idea, or at the very least allow us to do tomb raiders instead of whirlwinds. I know someone at BB made a lovechild called whirlwind and refuses to give up on it no matter how rotten the child is but lets face it... it sucks (if you dont believe me PLEASE poll the players and ask us how many would pick whirlwind over tomb raiders). The reason its a bad adventure is because there are way to many points in the adventure where players are blocked from doing anything.
    So they wander off or get distracted by something leaving the other players hanging. Tomb raiders does not do this and the more people who have the same required co-op the easier it is to find partners.

- Currently it's three Storm Recoveries. How about any three of SR, Snow White or MCC ventures? Ventures aren't a great choice, but I don't always have 3000 grout sitting around for the SR's, maybe I have the crystals or a venture in star to use as a possible alternate?
    Agree with this too. storm recovery requires 1k grout to complete , it's a horrible waste and should not be required for anything. so unless the grout requirement is taken out of the scenario completely there needs to be other options here.

Now that I'm done praising Kinghomers post let me give a few ideas that I had to improve the weekles as well.

1. Make them actual weeklies that reset WEEKLY at the same time as the pathfinder reset because some weekly stuff overlaps with pathfinder stuff (for example running besieged city). this would make the weeklies weeklies and not a burnout campaign. this would of course be accompanied by increased rewards (which you have acknowleged is needed so pat on the back for you there)

2. If doing #1 I wonder if it also wouldn't be a bad idea to give everyone the same weekly challenge for one reason. If everyone has the kingdom defense weekly it will make it SO much easier to find Co-op Partners!!!!! which is what many have complained about. this would solve it completely.

3. It very much seems like the higher level you are the more costly/time consuming the challenges become. Why punish people for being high level?
    If you must do this could you at least implement an option for higher level players to choose the level range that they participate in. Im sure many high level players would suddenly be interested in doing these if they could play them in a lower level range with the lower level range rewards obviously.
    The feeling players will get now might be something like "oh no, by raising my level I have done irreversible damage to my account and can never get those cheap tokens that the lower levels have access to". I think this is a feeling that you really want to avoid putting into players.

And finally, whatever that you choose to do with the weekly challenges please poll the players to see how these changes will be received. I dont think you want to spend time and resources fixing it and having it still be broken.
    THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO THE PLAYERS!!!!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    The proposed changes will definitely increase my participation in the weeklies.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I didnt really see anything wrong with the challenges. Work for that experience! HOWEVER, I do NOT like being forced into the "friend participation" challenges . In ANY of the events . I'm quiet, I keep to myself . I don't like "playing with others ". Being on someone else's timeline to accomplish a task. If you know what I mean? I just like to go at my own pace , whether that's fast or slow . So yes, as Harry Chase mentions ....the co-op. Only thing I don't like . I don't think advancement should just be given away . Another player mentions it take YEARS to get anywhere . I agree with that also. Things seem unbalanced , even the Trade center. I understand an item is worth what you are willing to pay for it , but when resources state that something is worth say 10gp for 5k items and people try to get 3,000 gp for same items -.- I know it's off subject , but it is really annoying. I always try to be fair in trade , but most do not so I just have to work harder, longer . I have enough extortion in real life.

Reply to Thread