Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Notes Improvements for Weekly Challenges

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I am assuming the version on test right now is not the complete rework of weekly challenges because that would be pretty bad.
    The only difference I can notice is a minute amount of tokens for partial completion.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I am assuming the version on test right now is not the complete rework of weekly challenges because that would be pretty bad.
    Going by history, that's most likely what we will be getting then including all the bugs. I'm ready.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Unsurprising to no one, the changes made look like they were not worth the minute amount of time to modify the code. Add me to the list that adding a button to ignore the thing from the quest log would have been a better use of time if you're just going to ignore the areas that so many describe as being the issues with this scheme.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    From what I see, this isn't the full breadth of changes to be expected (no new advs for frags as of yet) so I can not judge it accordingly, but the change made so far (increasing/dividing the tokens) is a good start. It has no drawbacks whatsoever that I can see. For weeks where I would normally receive no tokens as I let it time out, I will now get about 7 for completing the ships' subquests. For the one week that I actually complete the whole thing (Epidemic) I will now get 32 tokens instead of 25. A plus for both.

As for the three weeklies I do not do: I do not like being forced to rely on others to complete my own game, so co-ops are out. Storm Recovery is expensive but is one those things I might do if bored enough simply to add to my scenario achievements (lookin' at you Resource Master), and Besieged City is difficult to obtain since I refuse to do ToK. Moreover, some of those require treasure searches (Prolonged or such) and I do not want to take time away from my explorers searching for the things I actually want.

That said, however, I am actually relieved that those three are so undesirable as it gives me time between weeklies to collect what I do need and replenish my resources, while also not forcing me into an endless grind to complete the quests every few days or so. As such, weeklies are great for me with this change... although if you want to increase token rewards further or give Wisdoms/Thirds for map frags, I wouldn't be entirely opposed.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCat View Post
    It's a nice start, but the main concern (at least for me) wasn't addressed. I no longer even start "Kingdom Defense" quest line because of the Whirlwind co-op demand. My gaming time is restricted by real life too much to twiddle it away trying to get 4 available players late at night for a Whirlwind. I also don't start the other quest lines if I don't already have the needed 1st or 2nd Thief advs on hand. While making those available for frags is helpful, MORE helpful would be allowing us to chose from 2 or 3 advs, and not necessarily do 3 of the same. And there should always be an alternative to a co-op.
    I agree completely with CoffeeCat's post. I now am only doing the quest line with Storm Recovery, but will shelve that one due to the huge drain on grout. I will like getting tokens for subquests and would probably resume doing the ship provision one on all of them. My biggest feedback is to let us pick from an array of adventures, even if a small list.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    So I've done little testing of the weeklies and I have to admit I'm VERY disappointed.
    First you decreased the reward from completing the full weekly challenge from 21 to 14 tokens. Yes, you added 2, 3, 4 etc... tokens to individual quests, but...... u actually increased the number of adventures/scenarios needed to be completed???? REALLY??? we will need 3x WW now? I didn't have time to do 2, so do you think I'm gonna have time to do 3 if you give me 2 extra tokens???? I don't think so! same goes for storm recovery. We need to complete 3 x TOW but I don't see it available in the adventure store, so.... big fat THANX BUT NO THANX from me.

+ 1 from me on the button "X" to close the quest please!

EDIT: adobe is killing flash at the end of 2020 anyway
    Last edited by supermind; 04-09-19 at 12:56 pm. Reason: flash comment :)

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by supermind View Post
    we will need 3x WW now?

It's always been 3 WW for level 66+.

From what I see in my VERY brief testing, the only thing that's really changed is how the tokens are earned. They are spread out in the subquests, and in the end, we get more overall when we finish the quest chain. Am I missing something?

I agree with all the other comments about the co-ops. That needs to be removed. As much as I don't like the others, I can handle it really. TOK isn't bad to run after you've done it a few times (searching for BC). Storm Recovery sucks because of the grout, but really, if you're running regular babas like most of us at high level are then we will have the grout to do it. It's a choice. It would be nice to have another way to get the other needed advs (TOW and BC for me), but in the end, it forces us to run other advs that we might not run otherwise, and it's a change from the normal day to day of gameplay.

BB said from the beginning weeklies weren't for everyone. Don't alter it so much that it now DOES become something everyone does .

+1 to the person who suggested adding more than just 4 different options.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I am looking forward to the changes as the current set-up makes it really not that worthwhile. However, I do not understand why you don't include an ACTUAL choice of adventures to do. It already says "complete … (number) of adventures form the following list", only it is not a list, it is just one adventure. Which you have to do over and over... how interesting... how fun... I agree with a previous posting that having to do COOPs is really not family or "life" friendly. It is an extreme drag to get four people together for WW, and then the adventure has all those delays build in requiring all four players to actively participate for the full time. What a pain. As to more adventures being available for map fragments, I am almost certain that this will not be the Treasure of Wisdom or the Besieged City adventures. Which is the biggest problem. You ask us to do follow-up adventures to follow-up adventures that are pretty time intensive (or expensive) to get, especially as they usually do not drop with the loot when you actually need them (maybe the game has it only in for me here). That goes back to the time issue... how many times do I have to play the Woodcutter to get Third Thief's to get a Wisdom? So, giving us an actual choice of adventures to play (and considering their accessibility) would be a huge improvement.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    That is precisely the problem, or at least one of them. Feel free to keep co-ops. But give us an actual choice of different varieties of adventures to choose from. 1 is not a list.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    My weekly quest continues to be stuck, as it has been since November. I was asked to stop submitting tickets about it. Every day, several times, the 'Failed Quest' pops up in red. Just tell me this update is going to finally unstick the weekly quest. . .

Reply to Thread