Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: game stuck on the loading page

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Okay, my brain screams that this is just weird coincidence, but ... for the last three days, and multiple times per day, I have gotten to the bunny screen (same spot, just past her left foot) ... waited 4 minutes, did a refresh, and got into the home island screen 4 minutes after that. My husband tried it and it worked for him, as well. While 8 minutes isn't anything to write home about, it's a heck of a lot better than the 40 - or more - minutes I've been waiting before this. Probably coincidence in the long run, but I'll take it as long as it keeps working for me

Calliope_Jeyne / playing on the Zeus server since April 2012

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" --Henry Ford

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    it was doing "ok" for monday and sunday - about 5-6 min to load. today 6am .. poof stuck at the bunny foot again..

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    well once again got server hammer timed out.... trying to get back in to turn off my market stuff... trying trying trying... so friggin sick of this...

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    One thing you could try is watch the browser EXE with Windows Task Manager. I've noticed on the slooow load, the iexplore.exe (as I have the least trouble with explorer) memory usage increases about 1.5MB per second, with bigger chunks every now and then. As the memory usage at the end is around 1,000MB... yeah it takes a long time.

But so long as there's some CPU and changes in memory usage, I know it's still loading. If it ever sticks at a number, I hit refresh.

World
    Ares
    Since the start of this event BB has done something horrific with this game! Loading page, no matter what stupid browser I use, I do all the crud to clear cookies and cash, and it takes hours some days to get past the loading page! WTH! Not going to get too much on this event since I can't log in for hours on end, get booted when I do get in and it takes almost as long to get back in again, and today I probable will not get in as I'm still waiting hours for the loading bar to get past the yellow part to load. So I'm going to miss the gem daily, my guild quest, sending out all my scouts, and running a few adventures. Thank BB, your making my decision to go spend my money elsewhere easier.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I saw the update about the loading problem. I'm glad to hear they're still working on it. What's weird about it on my end is that the game loads fine for me when I'm using my laptop on one network, but not on another. So it's the same computer, same browser, but different networks/ISPs...and that's when the problem sets in.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I've had the game stuck on the loading screen for months now. Usually I wait a couple of minutes and refresh and then it loads just fine. However, lately that trick doesn't do it anymore. I haven't been able to play in a while. After almost 5 years of playing this may be the tipping point to make me leave the game. Any suggestions on a game I should try in the meantime?

GoneFishing
    I don't think its ever going to load today. Its been pretty good for the last week or so, but slow the last couple of days.

Didn't start keeping track until an hour ago, but probably first started 2 hours ago. I've refreshed every 4 minutes for a while, although I think there is something to that, seems to start after 4 minutes or need another refresh if it hasn't. I've watched the memory usage in task manager but I don't really know what I'm looking at - seems to start around 450 and climbs to 515 then back to 470. Is it instantaneous use? Or is it stuck when it jumps back to a lower number?

OMG it finally started.

World
    Zeus
    I have always wondered why this game has 4 different loading sequences?
    you have the first one that goes very quickly when you first go to get into the game, then another loading page comes up which takes forever, then goes into another one showing the event or info screen with the check box, then the actual loading of the game details like the buildings and such.

Why doesn't this game have just 1 single load in screen like every other game? There should be the main loading screen then straight to your island loading the buildings and such, there shouldn't be the amount of screens there is.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by GoneFishing View Post
    I don't think its ever going to load today. Its been pretty good for the last week or so, but slow the last couple of days.

Didn't start keeping track until an hour ago, but probably first started 2 hours ago. I've refreshed every 4 minutes for a while, although I think there is something to that, seems to start after 4 minutes or need another refresh if it hasn't. I've watched the memory usage in task manager but I don't really know what I'm looking at - seems to start around 450 and climbs to 515 then back to 470. Is it instantaneous use? Or is it stuck when it jumps back to a lower number?

OMG it finally started.
    From my experience its "stuck" if the memory usage is not changing at all or is moving very slowly. Like up by 10-30k/sec.
    For me on chrome it almost always loads after first refresh so id wait longer than 4 minutes for it to load after a refresh. Like twice the time of your normal nonstuck load time.
    Larger memory use fluctuations might indicate that the game is about to load. For me it gets past the loading part where it gets stuck between 500-600mb usage and once the island is fully loaded its 800 mb.
    Mad scientist.

Reply to Thread