Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Better loading times

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post

This post contains instructions on how to improve long loading times.

What is the issue?
    • Loading of the games is stuck at specific parts
    • Loading takes longer than "some" minutes
    • File size is too big for the browser (browser.cache.disk.max_entry_size 51200)
    .[/SIZE][/t][/center]

Game .... Doesn't . .... .Load... Past... Bunny Feet... AT ... ALL

AND this is not useful for mac users sorry... no help at all - been tryin most of today -- nope cant get in.. Tuns of stuff running unbuffed... eggs lost, sales lost, cant adv. in an adv event.

safari worked for a a few hours - crippled (ie no typing, no chat, nothing - only clicking worked and that was a 45 sec lag after each). today when i tried with safari got this error message
    https://prnt.sc/nivu5i

even after i cleared its cache.

and the game loaded pretty much fine other than a few hiccups - all the way till the valentines event.. then something was changed and poof.. broken loading

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    ok tried the download again. now it tells me that my log ins are wrong makes me do a captcha then comes up with an error message that flashes so quickly i couldnt even tell you what it is! y'all need to fix this

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by DALES1 View Post
    Took a few times, but am now into the game... will wait for a few times, before determining if its better.
    only two successful login achieved in a dozen attempts and/or refreshes...

this one took 9 mins to complete the login. (I hadnt time the first successful login)

this doesn't appear to have made it more reliable, or quicker.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by TokoMcDuck View Post
    This workaround is rubbish. Slower after I made changes both Chrome & Opera. Slim browser I never got to work wants me to install stuff that is already there.
    The same thing happens to me.
    I installed Slimbrowser to the default location.
    Slimbrowser starts up wanting me to download Chrome or Flash.
    They were already installed. but I did both just in case. It didn't help
    I made the manual workaround changes suggested for this problem. Easy copy paste not sure the right spot, but the instructions weren't too clear about inside or outside the quotes, on separate line on not.
    I added it to the end with a space between the old and new information, inside the quotes, and on the same line.
    At startup I got an error message saying there was an error on line 16, character 265 in the .json file.
    I checked, without wordwrap, there is less than 200 characters on line 16.
    So something is wrong either with the suggested solution or slimbrowser.
    Too bad.
    I like the idea. It's a shame it doesn't work.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I'm on extended time i can't log on even after 1 hour i payed for this extended time i'ts been a long time please fix this bug tell me about stuff i payed for plus i like playing nothing you said fixed a thing please help

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    On a MAC you have to launch from a command prompt. Easiest way is to create a .sh script like the following:
    #!/bin/sh

/Applications/Google\ Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google\ Chrome --disk-cache-size=1000000000 &

Change the script to executable with a chmod (filename you chose for script) u+x, and then start it from the the command prompt.

*****EDIT: after letting the game load through one time which took a awhile (1 minute) it seems to have helped a lot. First time I thought it did not work but after retrying and letting it load, subsequent loads are not sticking on the bunny feet anymore for me. (at least for the last 24 hours or so). will update if i start hanging again. This is on a macbook pro using chrome.

san

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Tried fix on Firefox.. was terrible before (anywhere from 5 to 40min login) but is now even worse, yet to successfully login!!

Will give it another hour and see if its just a first load issue thing..

Maybe its time (well past) to migrate off Flash BB!!

Update: Just got on now... well over an hour... next challenge is staying on and not getting bumped!

Update2: After first day of mamouth login times it now connects within 5minutes which compared to before is very fast. Only problem now is that I keep getting bumped offline randomly... baby steps.

Update 3: Since the last hotfix I cant get back in again... go BB!

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Next thing BB will do is blame everyone for messing with their browser settings.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Oh look. BB fails. Again. >.> Nothing new to see here I suppose.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    This seems to have made things considerably worse, can't get in with chrome or firefox.

Reply to Thread