Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Better loading times

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I'm not able to get in off my macbook pro since the Hotfix...was sluggish before it, but worked...now not at all.
    I did get in via my imac, but I'm on it about 5% of the time. Given up trying to get anymore out of the easter event..
    No workaround for the macs...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    The instructions dont work for a mac.

World
    Zeus
    Seems like I am lucky in a sense. I got the slim browser to download and work, it still takes 15-20 minutes to go from log-in to game page, but that is better than not working on Firefox/Chrome/Avast browsers.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Ok... so running along your theme of "my cache isn't big enough" (when it worked pretty much fine for 7 years)... i did some googling... to see if i can increase the cache per app on my mac - same as you did for windows. Mind you we don't have right click app settings in windows... so its a bit more complicated - and if you are not comfortable with using terminal - just skip to another post.

But this worked last night --- and this morning - my game loaded in under 45 secs... yup you read that right. mind just 2 tests so far... so please don't kill the messenger.

I got my info from here:

https://superuser.com/questions/6029...e-size-on-os-x

I cleared chrome cache and closed it (all of cache , and cookies)

i opened terminal (cmd space terminal)

i entered this on 1st line
    #!/bin/sh

/Applications/Google\ Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google\ Chrome --disk-cache-size=524288000

chrome reopens.

surfed to tso's website. adv yes i want to use flash for this site. log in and load.

I havent yet created the shortcut per the webpage instructions.

I hope this helps some of you;

I haven't tested it with safari or opera (my actual preferred browser) yet.

IF you close chrome -- reopen it via the script - not the app shortcut/button - it wont remember the big cache instruction otherwise.
    cia

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    So if I'm reading this right, the problem is not that the game is huge, but the disk cache is not big enough...

Interesting solution there.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
    So if I'm reading this right, the problem is not that the game is huge, but the disk cache is not big enough...

Interesting solution there.
    which means the game is huge... LOL

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    The instructions for Chrome appear to say that you need two dashes at the beginning of what you add to the target field. In fact, looking at the screen shot, you should only have ONE. I applied the fix with ONE dash, and it works for me.

BB_Odhran, you should clarify the instructions.

World
    Ares
    I usually use chrome for the game and I did notice faster load times for the game (moderate, though), but I did notice faster load times across a board swath of pages I"m loading. I've implemented for Firefox, which i rarely use for the game, but that I use for work. the speed has increased there as well. There are many factors that are involved in making this work, however. So, its important to stress the importance of optimization of hardware and software as well as internet speed.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Freckledguy View Post
    The same thing happens to me.
    I installed Slimbrowser to the default location.
    Slimbrowser starts up wanting me to download Chrome or Flash.
    They were already installed. but I did both just in case. It didn't help
    I made the manual workaround changes suggested for this problem. Easy copy paste not sure the right spot, but the instructions weren't too clear about inside or outside the quotes, on separate line on not.
    I added it to the end with a space between the old and new information, inside the quotes, and on the same line.
    At startup I got an error message saying there was an error on line 16, character 265 in the .json file.
    I checked, without wordwrap, there is less than 200 characters on line 16.
    So something is wrong either with the suggested solution or slimbrowser.
    Too bad.
    I like the idea. It's a shame it doesn't work.
    I just copied and paste what they put on chrome and I got no error messages but it really doesn't seem to do much either.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I agree, want extended times, please, or a gift when it ends, Thanks.. 2 hours to load. Daily logins not constantant.

Reply to Thread