Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: [Guide] Better loading times

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    chat server seems a big part of keeping the game going. if the news tab has a lot of messages and chat starts resetting the game pretty much requires a refresh.
    having 100 pages of horseback battle reports in mail doesnt help. mailbox started to get pretty unresponsive at that point.
    If possible id recommend trying firefox with the fix. I login in 1-2 minutes now almost as fast as in the old times.
    Mad scientist.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    just when i thought the loading issue can not get any worse, it did for me. After so called "the fix" everything went down the drain for me. 3 hours of trying to log in today got me nowhere. The only thing that you can rely on BB will always do - with each fix, they mess up (sorry, can not use explicit language here) the game even more. Some fixes huh? I'm really starting to wonder why do I even bother since there are so many cool games out there that only take seconds to load. It's not my choice, but I have to say goodbye to all my friends since BB doesn't want me to play anymore.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    The problem is not with the 12 million or so user computers. Claiming the users need increased cache space does not stand the test of credibility. The issues lie within the BB server farm. It is quite likely that the BB server farm does not have the processing bandwidth to handle the peak demands. It is likely that the BB server farm does handle the I/O demand quite well.
    This is a FLASH game and it will be discontinued probably later this year and definitely be terminated by the end of 2020. Given the extensive prize list for this event, it is suspicious that BB is aware of the "FLASH point" - Adobe discontinuing FLASH. The current event has a much more extensive prize list than previously seen and this leads to the conclusion that BB is trying to maximize gem sales prior to the game ending.
    Note: Anyone in BB's position would do the same. It is a common business tactic to maximize revenues especially prior to discontinuation.
    I am not faulting BB for this.
    One side effect of the event prize list is the number of users playing and the level of user activity is way up there. This puts demands on the processing bandwidth even higher than before and the server farm just can't handle it. This could have a beneficial side effect for BB in that frustrated users will buy eggs with gems (and increase gem sales) since they can't collect them as fast as they need.
    One thing the user community can do is turn off all animations. That will help some and although watching deer wander around is appreciated by many, the value compared to overall game performance is zero.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    First of all: Even if the Chromium page specifies a special path, I wouldn't trust 100% that it is identical for all Linux derivatives and versions. In our player-reporter case, the default path matched.

How to set the cache size under Linux using a policy rule

System: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
    • End Chrome to be on the safe side
    • Path to the Policies: /etc/opt/chrome/policies/managed (if it does not exist, please create it) (root privileges required)
    • Create any .json file in that directory, we called it: diskcachesize.json (you need root privileges to create it)

Content:
      Code:
      {
      	"DiskCacheSize":1500000000
      }
    • Important: NO spaces before and after the colon, Chrome is quite sensitive there.
    • Start Google Chrome
    • Under Google Chrome in the address line add chrome://policy/ and click on enter
    • See if a line exists under "value of policy" the number is the number from the json file and most importantly under status it must be "OK". If there is something else, there is probably some syntax error in the json file. See the note with the explanation again.
    • The good thing about the policies is that if you change the value in the json file while the browser is still open, and you click under chrome://policy/ on "Reload Policies", the changed values will be taken over immediately
    • Start TSO, possibly several times, until everything has landed in the cache (as soon as you are in the game, all relevant data is in the cache and should stay in it for now)
      => This means that the first times it could still be a longer loading time, but once everything is collected the loading time will be short again

Under Linux there is also often the problem that the home directory is often on its own and relatively small partition (and there are usually the user profiles from Chrome including all data) it can be that you have to specify the cache path in addition to the cache size.

How to set the cachedirectory under Linux using a policy rule:

System: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
    1. In general, the procedure is very similar to the procedure to set the cache size, but the effort is somewhat greater.
    2. Exit Chrome to be on the safe side
    3. Find out which partition has enough space (preferably well over 2 GB), in this example it is the /datadisk partition
      If the root partition "/" is already big enough and only the mounted home directory is too small, it is even better, but we stick to our example with /datadisk. The directory you ultimately choose should not be a subdirectory of /home.
      If you have found a suitable partition
    4. Create a directory there e.g. ChromeCache (probably root privileges are required).
      The directory is given full read and write permissions: Example: enter chmod 777 /datadisk/ChromeCache in the shell.
    5. Path to the policies: /etc/opt/chrome/policies/managed (if it does not exist, please create it) (root privileges required)
    6. Create any .json file in that directory, we called it: diskcachedir.json (root privileges required)
      Content:
      Code:
      {
              "DiskCacheDir":"/datadisk/ChromeCache"
      }
    7. Important: NO spaces before and after the quote
    8. Important: Don't forget, the path is only a example and identical with the one from e.
    9. Start Google Chrome
    10. Under Google Chrome in the address line add chrome://policy/ and click enter
    11. See if there is a line with the entry "DiskCacheDir", the path used from e. and g. is under "Policy Value" and above all if the status is "OK".
    12. If not, click once on "Reload policy".
    13. If still not, there is either an error in the json file, one of the paths is wrong, the permissions are wrong. Then start again from the beginning.
    14. Since we have defined a new cache here, it is empty after the first start after this change.
    15. Start TSO, possibly several times, until everything has landed in the cache (as soon as you are in the game, all relevant data is in the cache and should remain in it for now)
      => This means that the first times it could still be a longer loading time, but once everything is collected the loading time will be short again

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Mac users don't have shortcuts, so you can't do the browser customizations mentioned above there.
    We have also received a temporary solution for Mac users.

The Firefox Tip also works on the Mac.

For Chrome:
    In the terminal
    defaults write com.google.Chrome DiskCacheSize -int 1024288000

If you want to check in Chrome if the cache settings worked. Enter the following in the URL line:

chrome://policy/

If you run on defaults, nothing should appear. If the cache was changed manually, there is the following:

Policy name
    Value of the Directive
    Well
    Applies to
    Plane
    Status

DiskCacheSize
    Platform
    Computer
    Recommended
    Okay

(with formatting)

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    i was wondering are you going to fix this load on bug this is your job i'm a chef if your hungry lets eat

World
    Ares
    I used the Chrome Workaround, when they first posted it on login, a few weeks ago, and I waited to be sure it keeps working.

It does, It has changed everything about my login delay's. It is back to how it used to be .... normal.

Thank you !!!
    Asia

Reply to Thread