Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Better loading times

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    And for those of us who are completely computer illiterate and don't have a clue what you all are talking about, I guess we just go and find another game, one that works.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    Ok... so running along your theme of "my cache isn't big enough" (when it worked pretty much fine for 7 years)... i did some googling... to see if i can increase the cache per app on my mac - same as you did for windows. Mind you we don't have right click app settings in windows... so its a bit more complicated - and if you are not comfortable with using terminal - just skip to another post.

But this worked last night --- and this morning - my game loaded in under 45 secs... yup you read that right. mind just 2 tests so far... so please don't kill the messenger.

I got my info from here:

https://superuser.com/questions/6029...e-size-on-os-x

I cleared chrome cache and closed it (all of cache , and cookies)

i opened terminal (cmd space terminal)

i entered this on 1st line
    #!/bin/sh

/Applications/Google\ Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google\ Chrome --disk-cache-size=524288000

chrome reopens.

surfed to tso's website. adv yes i want to use flash for this site. log in and load.

I havent yet created the shortcut per the webpage instructions.

I hope this helps some of you;

I haven't tested it with safari or opera (my actual preferred browser) yet.

IF you close chrome -- reopen it via the script - not the app shortcut/button - it wont remember the big cache instruction otherwise.
    cia
    So, it seems we must be able to use terminal, possibly not comfortable with, to get the game to play using Chrome on a Mac? Nah, not for me. I would hope that the programmers would make it be playable without having to do things like this. Oh well. I am happy you got it working for you. Technology not my forte.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Firefox loads a lot faster. Dont know if it fixes the stuck issue as i had it rarely.
    Mad scientist.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Thank you for this work-around. It works

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I use the slim browser on win 7 machine. Load screen is still very slow. On the 2nd screen, just before the half-way point, the load screen sticks for 4 or 5 minutes generally.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Since I don't really want to mess around with the terminal entries, I found a workaround on my MAC that works for me. maybe it will help someone else.

- un-install new version of the FLASH player and reinstall older (I currently have 32.0.0.114) and using chrome (74.0.3729.131) on Mac 10.14.4 and I have to refresh 1-2 times as it gets stuck by the rabbit's foot first, then I just let the load in the background for a while. If i need to work on something else online, I open new window, not a tab beside TSO, as it messes up with loading time sometimes. Usually get on within 30 mins

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    The game is not worth waiting around 30 minutes or more just to wait for loading - http://prntscr.com/nk1s19
    Seems everyone has about the same problem and it's not getting better. In fact the opposite, I've basically quit playing because I can't wait for it to load. I tried the workaround but it didn't work. I know it's not my computer nor my internet connection, since everything else is very responsive and fast. Even other online games and multi-player games have no lag, so it's just this. Since BB doesn't want to invest in updating the platform (many better options now) or develop it toward the mobile device, this game will die. BB knows this which is why there is a clear shift in events to get people to spend more real money to get as much out of its dwindling fan base.

I myself am not going to hold onto a dying game. I might check back in every now and then just to see if there is any real progress, but I highly doubt it. They would have done it by now or at least announced some development, but no. They keep forcing us to play a broken game and killing their faithful players. Breaks are good, because there are really a lot of better options out there for those who want to play this type of entertainment.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Sidenote: after clearing the cache, I only tried to load this game and noticed my new cache was 47.7MB when it gets stuck. The Problem is not a matter of memory since that is fairly small. Why its getting stuck has to be something else and it's not on the users end. A large number of people have the same issue, pointing back to the game is broken and they obviously can't fix it or don't want to spend the money to fix it properly.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceHope View Post
    The game is not worth waiting around 30 minutes or more just to wait for loading - http://prntscr.com/nk1s19
    Seems everyone has about the same problem and it's not getting better. In fact the opposite, I've basically quit playing because I can't wait for it to load. I tried the workaround but it didn't work. I know it's not my computer nor my internet connection, since everything else is very responsive and fast. Even other online games and multi-player games have no lag, so it's just this. Since BB doesn't want to invest in updating the platform (many better options now) or develop it toward the mobile device, this game will die. BB knows this which is why there is a clear shift in events to get people to spend more real money to get as much out of its dwindling fan base.

I myself am not going to hold onto a dying game. I might check back in every now and then just to see if there is any real progress, but I highly doubt it. They would have done it by now or at least announced some development, but no. They keep forcing us to play a broken game and killing their faithful players. Breaks are good, because there are really a lot of better options out there for those who want to play this type of entertainment.
    I have to agree, this game is slowly dying and BB giving us so much this last event just shows they are pushing gems sales. Also BB novog has said his goodbyes and that only proofs this theory. Too bad, cause I made lots of friends here that I like to chat with.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    From where I am sitting this entire procedure is useless. Even after I followed the instructions extremely slow loading times is still the norm. As it is I've been trying to login for over two hours.
    I cannot help but wonder about the effects of "clutter" on loading times.
    Is it wrong for me to assume that synchronisation of say in game mail must have an influence on loading times?
    Do I really need 250 emails telling me a friend buffed my island? One mail would do the trick don't you think?
    Does anyone really need a popup message telling them that "your general is moving to a new position" followed by a message in the chat window saying exactly the same thing to the person who in fact moved the general to begin with. (I've been playing since 2015 and not once did one of my generals spontaneously moved itself around)
    Would it help to get rid of unused accounts? I have one "friend" that passed away about three years ago. Several others I have not seen in over two years. Why are records/accounts like this kept on servers?
    In conclusion, I have reached the three hour login time about two minutes ago.

Reply to Thread