Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Weekly Challenge 'improved'

Settler
    World
    Ares
    For levels 66+, the number of tokens went from 25 per challenge to 32 total per challenge.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    oh good.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinson001 View Post
    It was stated many times by people, that there needed to be OPTIONS when it came to adventures, and that these adventures should be able to be gotten via Merchant or Explorer rewards.

First Thief, Second Thief, Treasure of Wisdom and Besieged City are NOT gotten from either merchant OR from Explorers. They are follow-up adventures gotten in a chain of randomness. Quest currently says, for example: Complete 3 adventure(s) from the following list: Ali Baba and the First Thief
    Only 1 adventure is listed. Not much of a list. Instead, have it say something along the lines of: Complete 3 Ali Baba adventures. This would give players an option of 10 (TEN) adventures they can choose from. If they wanted to just run Woodcutter 3 times, then it would work. If they wanted to do an Oil Lamp, Sea Snake and Second Thief, it would work. It gives people options and doesn't limit them to complete randomness of previous adventure rewards. At least one of these (Woodcutter) is available for purchase in the shop, and it can be gotten via Explorers (some randomness, but not as much as trying to get a specific drop from an adv, just to run that adv and not get the next adv drop you need, etc., etc.).

Whirlwind.. Co-op adventures may have looked good on paper, but in actuality, very few people actually like them. And to put WW as the adventure, where 4 people have to work together to complete it, each having to do their part to take down a wall of someone else.. If someone loses internet connection, everyone is completely stuck. Or (and this has happened to me) someone is playing another game, and glances back at TSO occasionally to send 1-2 attacks at a time, then goes back to their other game, which makes the adventure take 4 hours before it is completed. Not something really ideal.
    ...I would suggest this get changed to complete (x) amount of co-op adventures. Some are more palatable than others, and it may be easier for someone to rely on 1-2 guildmates/friends they can trust to do the job well (as a couple of these adventures are very quick to run in comparison to WW). 2 Co-op's are available in the shop (one of them being WW) and they can be obtained via Explorers as well.

Storm Recovery.. It's just a HUGE resource sink and not everyone has the resources to sink into it. Change it to complete (x) amount of scenario adventures. All 5 (non-event) scenario's are already available in the shop, and 2 of them can be gotten from Explorers with a high reward percentage.

In conclusion, give players options on what adventures they can run, and I can almost guarantee you that more of these weekly challenges will get completed.
    I agree with this, instead of the quest stating a specific adv/coop, the quest should state the grouping of the adv/coop. For instance (as sated in the above quote), complete (x) number of AB adv's, or (x) number of coops, etc. Making the requirement to be one specific adv/coop is just utterly ridiculous.

Another thing, while the concept of rewarding tokens for every sub-section of the weekly quests is great, the number of tokens per sub-section is beyond laughable. Like seriously, 1 token and 2 tokens for completing a sub-quest is just insulting. the minimum should be 5 tokens per and then the original 21 or even 20 for the final completion would be far more appropriate for the amount of resources the things cost.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    I am sorry if you do not like the changes that we have made to the Weekly challenges. If you would like you can let us know what you would prefer to have changed up with it.

-BB_Odhran
    These fine folks summed it up much more eloquently than I could have.
    If you don't want to give us things that the community WANTS, then give us an option to OPT OUT of them.

Reply to Thread