You're joking, right?

Settler
    World
    Ares
    What is a "Challenege Improvement"?

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    I am sorry if you do not like the changes that we have made to the Weekly challenges. If you would like you can let us know what you would prefer to have changed up with it.

-BB_Odhran

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    I am sorry if you do not like the changes that we have made to the Weekly challenges. If you would like you can let us know what you would prefer to have changed up with it.

-BB_Odhran
    The quest adventures need to be adventures that we can buy from the Merchant. That's why it is not much improved.

While I appreciate getting a little reward for doing part of the challenge, I stop every time one of the chosen adventures comes in the chain. I'm not going to be forced to run followups or whirlwind. Give us a choice of adventures to complete the challenge instead of picking hard to get one, or co-ops that require 4 people to run.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    improved equals Listening to your players feedback.. who have overwhelmingly stated
    a) no ww - co-ops are hard to get participants in - and WORSE gated/walled co-ops you can get stuck in for hours are terrible.
    b) no adv that are Follow Ups or DROPS of other adv (which violates your no luck needed clause)
    c) no more quests that literally slap you in the face of a or b (killing of high amounts of troops).

you ... added.. tokens.. to sub quests...
    that was your interpretation of our requests ...

Settler
    World
    Ares
    It was stated many times by people, that there needed to be OPTIONS when it came to adventures, and that these adventures should be able to be gotten via Merchant or Explorer rewards.

First Thief, Second Thief, Treasure of Wisdom and Besieged City are NOT gotten from either merchant OR from Explorers. They are follow-up adventures gotten in a chain of randomness. Quest currently says, for example: Complete 3 adventure(s) from the following list: Ali Baba and the First Thief
    Only 1 adventure is listed. Not much of a list. Instead, have it say something along the lines of: Complete 3 Ali Baba adventures. This would give players an option of 10 (TEN) adventures they can choose from. If they wanted to just run Woodcutter 3 times, then it would work. If they wanted to do an Oil Lamp, Sea Snake and Second Thief, it would work. It gives people options and doesn't limit them to complete randomness of previous adventure rewards. At least one of these (Woodcutter) is available for purchase in the shop, and it can be gotten via Explorers (some randomness, but not as much as trying to get a specific drop from an adv, just to run that adv and not get the next adv drop you need, etc., etc.).

Whirlwind.. Co-op adventures may have looked good on paper, but in actuality, very few people actually like them. And to put WW as the adventure, where 4 people have to work together to complete it, each having to do their part to take down a wall of someone else.. If someone loses internet connection, everyone is completely stuck. Or (and this has happened to me) someone is playing another game, and glances back at TSO occasionally to send 1-2 attacks at a time, then goes back to their other game, which makes the adventure take 4 hours before it is completed. Not something really ideal.
    ...I would suggest this get changed to complete (x) amount of co-op adventures. Some are more palatable than others, and it may be easier for someone to rely on 1-2 guildmates/friends they can trust to do the job well (as a couple of these adventures are very quick to run in comparison to WW). 2 Co-op's are available in the shop (one of them being WW) and they can be obtained via Explorers as well.

Storm Recovery.. It's just a HUGE resource sink and not everyone has the resources to sink into it. Change it to complete (x) amount of scenario adventures. All 5 (non-event) scenario's are already available in the shop, and 2 of them can be gotten from Explorers with a high reward percentage.

In conclusion, give players options on what adventures they can run, and I can almost guarantee you that more of these weekly challenges will get completed.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    improved equals Listening to your players feedback.. who have overwhelmingly stated
    a) no ww - co-ops are hard to get participants in - and WORSE gated/walled co-ops you can get stuck in for hours are terrible.
    b) no adv that are Follow Ups or DROPS of other adv (which violates your no luck needed clause)
    c) no more quests that literally slap you in the face of a or b (killing of high amounts of troops).

Dividing up the tokens among the subquests was one of the player requests, in addition to increasing the total amount of tokens...

Maybe they'll change other aspects of it in another 6 months...

World
    Ares

+1

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Rath2040 View Post
    Dividing up the tokens among the subquests was one of the player requests, in addition to increasing the total amount of tokens...

Maybe they'll change other aspects of it in another 6 months...
    And i LOVE that i get tokens for ship quests - which is the only one i do.. however others are mentioning over all tokens (total per week) are now lower. so those that do the entire quest line are penalized.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    however others are mentioning over all tokens (total per week) are now lower. so those that do the entire quest line are penalized.
    This cant be right. Total per challenge should be same (or higher).
    Mad scientist.

Reply to Thread