Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek Summer Event 2019

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    This is great and all, but even getting the 'good stuff' is between 60,000 and 80,000 Footballs... O.o

Which is fine and all, if you can play nearly constantly, or you want to spend a bunch on Gems...but here's the real question...

What happens when we can't log on to play in the first place? O.o Seriously, we're already burning buffs and losing bonuses because we can't log in. What is BB going to do when the 'event only' players come back and make a bad situation worse?

Fix the problems, *then* roll out new content.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteris View Post
    New Content is great! Summer Event is groovy

But the UbiSoft and Blue Byte coders energy should directed toward fixing the Log-in, Loading, and Connection bugs plaguing The Settlers Online first before any more new content compounds the existing problems...

It makes absolutely no sense to introduce any new content or events unless players of the game can actually access and play the content (existing or new) - period!

The people you don't see posting here are most likely absent because the game has become unplayable for them or they have given up after several minutes or hours of attempting to access the game daily since the Easter Event 2109. ;(

Please consider the delay of any new content or events until The Settlers Online can be seamlessly Logged into and reliably Played on popular browser platforms.

P.S. Today after a couple days of successfully using the four minute refresh trick, Chrome will not load the game again...
    They have been trying to fix it for awhile now and still not perfect, so what happens if they can't find that fix for months or even till next year? You think we should just have no events at all for the next year until this one thing that doesn't affect everyone is fixed? I guarantee that would drive off more people than the bug itself would. They have people dedicated to working on it. It isn't as though they necessarily use the same people for bug fixing as event planning. Adding more to the bug fixers won't necessarily improve that either.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Seems pretty good! Will get to put income from gem pits into use.
    Mad scientist.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    while, I am glad that the next event will have more opportunities to get the needed resource..... I have a feeling this is just part of inflation and will follow the same route as the events since, Christmas. Just absurdly expensive items and making more of said resource is just a way to hide the fact. I apologize but, I have seen this in too many games. The "hyper inflation" is a bad sign for the game itself. I appreciate the new items and they are nice to have but at the same time (for the past year) some of the event items have just been crap.....window dressing. Love the game but lately it just seems to be fluff getting produced and thrown out to appease the masses. Too many game issues and content that have been questionable in the past year and little is being done about it (from the player's perspective) except throwing more useless junk out.

World
    Zeus
    That tree house is awesome. Looking forward to getting them. Have two kinda rustic spots on my island where they'll fit right in. Am also looking forward to the new Geo's. Since I send 4 or 5 geologists out on granite searches every morning these guys will give me a chance at loot for doing something I'm already doing everyday anyway.

I'm also looking forward to the Joyous Bundle. The opportunity to get another Courageous Explorer is appreciated. The cost of the bundle is roughly close to what the Courageous would cost anyway if she were available for gems, so all the other stuff is bonus. If you ask me, that's a really great deal! I know I've gone beyond the sneak peak, but oh well, can't help it. I still get excited about the game, warts and all.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Reply to Thread