Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 18.06.2019

World
    Zeus
    Whatever was working on test has failed spectacularly live. It's taken me close to an hour to login 2 days in a row. Before the update it took 8 to 15 minutes. This morning after 45 minutes of failure with chrome I switched to IE to see if that makes any difference. At least I finally got in, but don't know if it's because of the switch or I just got lucky. Will let you know if the switch in browsers made any difference in the long run.

I appreciate the new stuff. Joyous Bundle is an awesome deal. But if I'm so aggravated with logging in, what's the point of all the other stuff, really?
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Just want to point out that there was another unwritten addition with this update, another new achievement for a tribute building. Secluded Experiments without using recruits, militia, bowmen, or longbowmen now yields a friar tribute. This is a different one from the event achievement of 25 mini missions friar tribute, so there are two.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    Just want to point out that there was another unwritten addition with this update, another new achievement for a tribute building. Secluded Experiments without using recruits, militia, bowmen, or longbowmen now yields a friar tribute. This is a different one from the event achievement of 25 mini missions friar tribute, so there are two.
    Thanks this saves me slaving over event achievements

World
    Zeus
    I am not sure why some people have such long and/or difficulty logging in.

While I have to attempt to log in and then refresh approx 3 mins later which then allows full log in which takes approx 3-5 mins again, I don't have any issues with not being able to log in at all or having hours of trying to log in.

I use Chrome for the game, it's the same, every time I go to log in, even if I am refreshing for some reason while playing, I have to go through the same process.

While BB claims to have reduced the file sizes and such to increase speed of logging in, I see absolutely no difference whatsoever in the length of time nor the having to refresh once during log in process.

I am not sure if part of the problem is the computers we each use, the location we log in from, the method of log in we use, or what, but I do know that none of the other browser games I have played or heard of other people playing have anything even remotely close to the issues this game has in regards to not only logging in, but the lag spikes, flash freezes, etc.

World
    Zeus
    Have not tried this myself, but I just came across this thread and thought maybe some players who have the most difficulty in logging into the game might want to give this a try and see if maybe it will help for now. Although, I don't know how it will work (if at all) once the event starts on Monday, but it's a temporary possible fix.

Check out the thread and see if it's something you wish to try out
    https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/...ate-18-06-2019

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I ran SE once. I had planned on that being the last time.

Hanging for me in Chrome, which I don't use anymore, but decided to test. Same goes for Opera, which makes sense if Chrome isn't working. Works fine in Firefox, IE, and Edge. I have not tried to do any fixes on any browsers to address any issues, since I haven't really had any. The biggest problem I have is Puffin on my tablet, which I normally have to refresh a couple times after a minute or two, but the delay is not that significant.

World
    Zeus
    The problem does seem to be worse in Chrome. I've logged in and out multiple times with IE today and it's not getting stuck forever like it was with Chrome. Altho Chrome was working better for me before the update. Was doing that refresh after 4 minutes thing with consistent success. But not anymore.

Thanks Virtuous for the tip on SE. Just ran one and got a Friary Tribute for myself, my wife and a guildmate. You can always get a LS Gwalben. I'd offer one if you were on Zeus.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    7 hours and no access.
    My island is falling apart and I can't play the game, yet you want me to look at all the new stuff and comment?
    Get me back on my island first.
    Chrome, Edge, IE... nothing works.
    Different ISPs... nothing works.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    I am sorry to hear that the game is hanging on loading. I have informed the team and they plan to work on some new fixes. I have been informed though that some players have luck when they notice the game hanging to press 'F5' 2-3 times and it usually loads in for them. I know this is not idea, but if it can get some into the game it is better than not being able to access it.

-BB_Odhran

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Login went from 2 minutes to 1.5 minutes on Firefox. So I guess its an improvement. Had to refresh once after the update to get in though.
    Mad scientist.

Reply to Thread