Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Summer Event 2019

ARM1
    In past events, I have been able to get most of what I wanted and still had a few hundred or so left over to help out the lower level players in my guild. This time however, everything was so ridiculously high priced that I was barely able to manage getting the 3 explorers.

I suggest that the event specific adventure loot should have been collectibles instead of explorer loot. Those such as myself who have loads of explorers have a huge excess of those items and are lacking in the collectibles (those who don't have many explorers can get good deals on explorer loot in TO).

Also the payout for balls in completed adventures seems to have been much lower than in the past.

World
    Zeus
    There wasn't anything in the Merchant that I particularly wanted; did pick up a couple of things anyway and by trading (had to use up my balls on *some*thing!); gave the remainder of my balls to a Guild member!
    Liz / Calgary

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    not sure if this has been addressed, but I was curious about the price of the improved floating residence @ 4299 soccer balls while during the Christmas event it was priced at @ 1495 presents!
    Seems like a very unreasonable price hike for a residential building from one event to another especially considering the wondrous residence was 5995 balls and maybe there is a reason I'm not seeing, I know the drop between events is different but look at it this way
    Wondrous Residence Easter Event = 9995 eggs
    Wondrous Residence Summer Event = 5995 balls
    but
    Improved Floating Residence Xmas event = 1485 presents
    Improved Floating Residence Summer event = 4299 soccer balls

anybody see what I'm saying?

World
    Ares
    Items priced far too high, and not enough event "currency" could be earned with Adventures. Seems like this has been the case since the Halloween event, where it is almost necessary to spend Gems to get stuff. However, even though this has been mentioned by many people since the Halloween event, it only seems to be getting worse. Extra XP was nice, but that benefit is far outweighed by not being able to get Event items without spending Gems (in my opinion).

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I suspect that they put "too much stuff to buy" as part of their strategy - they need something for the big players to buy so that event items don't flood the market; soccer balls have not dropped in price as much as eggs did, for example.

World
    Ares
    Loved the extra xp on every adventure. Completing 25 mini missions was different but a bit too much, maybe 15 next time? Soccer balls very hard to come by, just not enough to get what i wanted. that was frustrating. but the extra ex was worth it and I ran a whole lot of adventures but still not enough balls.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I've been playing for several years and had a hard time getting enough balls. I hate thinking how bad it would have been for newer players with fewer resources, and fewer gens. It appears the event was set up to cater to the upper lvls and forgot the new.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    The game would be so much better if you removed collectibles entirely.

Flags for a bunch of african nations but you lack a lot of flags for countries where your players actually live. Someone is really bad at game design.

This event might have been fun for those on both premo and with the friend buff. The rest of us could hardly afford anything.

I used to play tso 24/7, now I'm actively looking for different games.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Overall I liked part of the event for two reasons:

1: What you could get in the event was excellent, new geo's explorers and res etc..

2: The higher xp and loot from adv made me want to do more adv.

What I didn't like:

1: The cost of what we could buy was ridiculous! I have played a while now and had high end resources I could sell to make up for the shortfall but there was no way new players in the game could get more than a couple of items. I understand you don't want everyone being able to buy everything but the costs this event actually made me not want to play at times. If this trend continues.. I wont be playing the game at all. I did a lot of adv (about 6+ a day) gaining around 100mil xp this event but even with the improved loot drop the ball drop was a drop in the ocean compared to the cost of what could be bought this event.

Please readdress this, challenging is fun but this became about as fun as a colonoscopy.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I do like that BB is offering many different events throughout the year, each with their own special items to get. I appreciate their efforts in changing things up and trying new things to try and keep us entertained. I liked that the items we received for the calendar each day a window was opened seemed a little more generous and useful things compared to previous calendar 'winnings' for other events in the past.

I did think the cost of the items to get during this event was very expensive based on the number of soccer balls you could accumulate with your explorers and/or doing the various adventures however. I basically decided after a few days of doing the event that I would only focus on getting the new explorers, and maybe try for the 2 new Geo's and forget about the rest of the items that were offered. Instead I would treat the event simply as a way to get bonus xp with the triple xp event bonus, and figure out what to get with whatever soccer balls I accumulated later. Unfortunately this time I wasn't able to check out any of the new buildings offered due to how expensive they were (plus the fact that for some of them you needed to spend even MORE balls to upgrade them seemed very excessive to me). Not only is this a bit disappointing, but I think it resulted in a lot of people having no chance of seeing those new buildings 'in action', which I'm sure BB worked hard at developing.

Lower level players really struggled to get even a couple of things, and instead of me scrimping and saving to MAYBE being able to get 1 of the new buildings, I instead helped a couple of lower level guildies get a new Explorer and/or Geologist, which would be extremely helpful to them.

I too wish Canada was better at soccer so I could get a Canadian flag to put on my island someday.

Reply to Thread