Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Summer Event 2019

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the 2019 Summer Event Dev Diary below.

The original post can be found here.

Happy commenting!
    BB_Odhran
    Gee, what summer event? I haven't even been able to access the game in over a month or more!

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    The good:
    1. Triple xp and double loot for all adventures and ventures. Although I don't need xp anymore this event was a good opportunity for guildies to lvl up, some reached lvl 70 and got the pathfinder which will make things more interesting for all of us. Double loot from adv and ventures was a nice thing too, I ran some MCC and got yet another meadhall (and more duplicates, of course).

The bad:
    1. Premium Friend Buff was bugged, and BB was aware of it before the event but did nothing to fix it or even warn players. The support answer was 'we know about it, sorry' which is not at all pleasant. The bugs were/are very annoying, explorers in a loop, all island freezing each time an item was produced ever and ever again on PH/RPH/both Barracks. Even the production was bugged, the bonus was not counting for production quests. A guildie was stuck with all quests green and no way to complete it until we figured it out and used a love crazed to increase his production even more.
    I really wish BB to run Storm Recovery with its failing conditions with PFB active... or producing MCC buff. No way to even learn WHEN they are done for real and do something else then wait in front of the computer and visit the adv map over and over again, every time when coming back home getting the freeze and the items showing up on PH... extremely annoying
    2. Same for the new explorers, BB knew it doesn't come back with 50% more loot as it should.
    3. The Storage Tower bug- it is a 1x1 building but it acts like a 2x2 building when it's about flags/time production. Same for this, ppl noticed it on test server, nothing was done.
    4. The prices for event items were extremely high. I understood BB policy 'you don't have to buy all' and 'you have to choose' but this time was way over the 'normal'. Even a crazy hardcore player like me couldn't buy everything with what we were getting from explorers and adv/ventures loot. Demoralizing and frustrating.

I did buy all I wanted, tho, doing a lot of trades... And the double loot was aiding, helping me to get enough resources to sell... This was the first event where I had to buy event resources to buy the things from merchant. Usually I just run a lot of adventures and I use trade only for some extra- for our guild games prizes or to help someone. I guess it was ok, but something was missing... the 'good job' feeling.

Overall was just another event. I really hope we will get a break, I am looking forward for all months without events until Halloween.
    My guidies are tired and burned out, some told me they will try to login daily for the bonus, but nothing more for a month.. even the daily login sounds like a chore for them now. Please, BB find a balance, else you will lose yet another bunch of players. And fix the darn bugs....

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Like the triple xp. Agree with most of what ghannima says above. Kind of burned out myself.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    agree with ghannima.. i'm completely burnt out. i spent nearly a million coin in t.o and still didn't get all of my list.. costs were just too high.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by ghannima View Post
    The good:
    1. Triple xp and double loot for all adventures and ventures. Although I don't need xp anymore this event was a good opportunity for guildies to lvl up, some reached lvl 70 and got the pathfinder which will make things more interesting for all of us. Double loot from adv and ventures was a nice thing too, I ran some MCC and got yet another meadhall (and more duplicates, of course).

The bad:
    1. Premium Friend Buff was bugged, and BB was aware of it before the event but did nothing to fix it or even warn players. The support answer was 'we know about it, sorry' which is not at all pleasant. The bugs were/are very annoying, explorers in a loop, all island freezing each time an item was produced ever and ever again on PH/RPH/both Barracks. Even the production was bugged, the bonus was not counting for production quests. A guildie was stuck with all quests green and no way to complete it until we figured it out and used a love crazed to increase his production even more.
    I really wish BB to run Storm Recovery with its failing conditions with PFB active... or producing MCC buff. No way to even learn WHEN they are done for real and do something else then wait in front of the computer and visit the adv map over and over again, every time when coming back home getting the freeze and the items showing up on PH... extremely annoying
    2. Same for the new explorers, BB knew it doesn't come back with 50% more loot as it should.
    3. The Storage Tower bug- it is a 1x1 building but it acts like a 2x2 building when it's about flags/time production. Same for this, ppl noticed it on test server, nothing was done.
    4. The prices for event items were extremely high. I understood BB policy 'you don't have to buy all' and 'you have to choose' but this time was way over the 'normal'. Even a crazy hardcore player like me couldn't buy everything with what we were getting from explorers and adv/ventures loot. Demoralizing and frustrating.

I did buy all I wanted, tho, doing a lot of trades... And the double loot was aiding, helping me to get enough resources to sell... This was the first event where I had to buy event resources to buy the things from merchant. Usually I just run a lot of adventures and I use trade only for some extra- for our guild games prizes or to help someone. I guess it was ok, but something was missing... the 'good job' feeling.

Overall was just another event. I really hope we will get a break, I am looking forward for all months without events until Halloween.
    My guidies are tired and burned out, some told me they will try to login daily for the bonus, but nothing more for a month.. even the daily login sounds like a chore for them now. Please, BB find a balance, else you will lose yet another bunch of players. And fix the darn bugs....
    +1

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Pros:

-Triple XP/Loot on some adv's. Would love to see more of that in future events
    -Loved clicking on a soccer ball collie & sometimes getting 2 instead of just 1
    -Loving the tribute buildings. Hope to see more of them. Such as a Bakery, watermill etc to help make more ambiance for different places on our islands, such as in clusters of pop buildings. And specifically would like ways to get more friary tributes as I use them as little pubs within my clusters of pop buildings
    -Loved that I could spend gems & I'd get more event currency then I'd have to give in gems. I spent more $$ on gems because of this

Cons:

-Nice stuff in merchant. But agree with many others, a lot of it was way too expensive given the ball payouts between adv's & expos.
    -Didn't like that 1k balls was an upgrade requirement for one of the pop buildings. I opted NOT to buy it as a result.
    -MUST either be Premium AND adventuring very heavily OR buying event currency in order to afford more then a few things from merchant. A person who is not on premium & not buying event currency with gems is pretty much forced to run adventures from sun up to sun down just to get any decent amount of event resources given the high cost of a lot of the items in the event shop
    -Found the game froze/hung/lagged a LOT when we'd finish something. Like something comes off the barracks or PH/RPH, a building completes it's build etc
    -Horrible event for new/newer players. They'd see the cost of the event shop items & see the ball payouts on Adventures as well as the small amount of explorers they had & would likely be discouraged. It was very hard to accumulate enough event currency to be able to afford more then a couple of the overpriced event items. Most new/newer players would only be able to get a couple items.
    -Still no Canadian flag in the shop. Major disappointment on that

Event suggestions:

-At start of any event, give everyone a 3 day premi pill, 1 Pralines & 1 rec guide for people to use during the event to help with adventuring & such. I esp recommend this if you are going to make event shop items as expensive as many were this event
    -When requiring adventuring to acquire event currency/event currency fill, always have at least one 1 player, one 2 player, one 3 player & one co-op as a Triple xp/loot (when triple is offered). And the same for double xp/loot. It will encourage more co-operation & interaction amongst friends & guildmates
    -Have higher event resource payouts on adventures if you are gonna make event merchant stuff so expensive or lower the cost of event merchant items
    -Give us a way that we can convert excess soccer match collie items into soccer balls. Such as adding a tab to the Mayor where we can cook 100 soccer collies & get back 10 soccer balls for example. Many of us had a massive excess of these resources
    -Buildings like the snack maker, please change those. Change it to where you buy the first one. Then instead of having to buy more of the building, make it where we can buy blue prints to upgrade it instead. Just make the blue prints the same cost to buy as the building. Many of my longtimer guildies are getting tired of having to find space to add all these "need more of them to get faster output/cool down" buildings.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by t00tie View Post
    I used to play tso 24/7, now I'm actively looking for different games.
    This bit needs to be printed out and taped to every monitor at the TSO team.

It seems the TSO team simply doesn't get that they've gone too far.

Now maybe the European players (who have supposedly always been the real money makers for BB) are all happy as pigs in mud, but over here we're more than a little frustrated that this game we've been playing for years (over five in my case) has suddenly turned into 'pay to play'...on top of getting buggy as all heck, and then to top it off it penalises us by not letting us login during events that pretty much *require* near 24/7 play to get any sort of decent returns.

I knew Summer was going to be a bit of a grind, so I lined up Prem, the Prem FRBuff, got ready to drop $100 on the big Gem pack...and then I couldn't even log in.

Quite aside the loss of all the buffs and Prem I had running while I couldn't log on, I had the 30 L6 Adv/Exp/Elite buildings in my Christmas Market all running un-Buffed for all that time. Just the lost Coin was over 200k. Lost Gunpowder over 20k. Lost over two dozen Tomes/Codexes not getting made because we can't Stack in the Bookbinder. Lost the last three 'Special' doors because I couldn't log in to open them, and couldn't catch up without burning hundreds of Gems...for something that was entirely at BB's doorstep from the beginning.

BB's response?

"Gee, that sucks. We hope you keep playing!"

I used to pony up for the big Gem pack every Christmas, because I figured that was fair. I have fun, so I'll pay to keep the server hamsters fed. Now I'm looking at spending the time I used to spend on TSO out playing Harry Potter games with my kid.

It's a shame for BB though, because I work from home as a writer so I'm online most of the day anyways, and I've been a Guild Officer with ELY for years now, helping out the new players, boosting them up with resources and semi-regular 'Tips and Tricks' emails to help them with Events and stuff.

But when people like me stop playing...it makes is a lot harder for other players to want to keep going.

But then there's that BB response...

"Gee, that sucks. We hope you keep playing!"

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    there are a few things i like to say. first off: next time make the balls/presewnts/whatever currency event merhcants have UNTRADABLE i have to say this every event.. people scam the hell out of it on trade office so why make the items treadable if its the only thing then being trade for rediculous prices? you can also make the balls tradeable after the veent period is over and people can sell the balls then on trade office so that atleast people dont putoffers for event currency only( which i always see in events )

also will we get a event thats isnt about fighting ? i had problems doing both the 25 mini quests for achievement and tribute and getting decent balls from other adventures

tough on the other hand i do like the 1x adventurous explorer i got. 300% speed and then even more so when skilled up properly

there is one thuing that annoys me though is the way bugfixes are handled in events. i get the feeling the fixes unfix more then they fix actual problem .. this is getting to be a trend in events as well

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_mobius View Post

also will we get a event thats isnt about fighting ? i had problems doing both the 25 mini quests for achievement and tribute and getting decent balls from other adventures
    Christmas event. As far as I remember we don't get presents on adv loot.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I did what adventures I could, all explorers were only doing treasure searches to bring back balls. I have an actual job I have to do a commute for, plus the time at the job.. I was only able to get the 3 Explorers and have a few hundred balls leftover at the end.. Was not able to get half of what I wanted from the event.

It seems to be BB wanted people to spend a lot of $$ to buy gems, and spend those gems buying balls to then spend balls on the items they wanted. There were 3 or 4 100% gem sales during the event. And I've noticed that BB has been doing a lot more 100% gem sales this year. It seems like a massive cash grab to me.

All in all, very disappointing and depressing.

Reply to Thread