Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Friend buff benefits to PH/RPH don't actually work.

Noble
    World
    Ares

Friend buff benefits to PH/RPH don't actually work.

shows a reduced build time, but like the landing glitch for obs and explorer returns spam, it is only visual. The items are not done and will not be usable until the regular time has elapsed. Meanwhile we get a repeating "buff completed" message every 30 seconds or so until they finish for real. Apparently this problem extends to the barracks and elite barracks as well.

Upon testing, it seems as though the problem for these buildings is caused by buffing. Unbuffed, my E/Reg Barracks were producing fine without problems or resets. However, to test I dropped a Myers buff on my EB and waited for a set of MS to complete (I had 475 in queue). When it was done, it said 450 left. I then zoned back and forth between my adv map and when I came back I got the troops completed message again and when I checked my EB total it back to finishing the 475 group again.

After more testing, it is just the speed buffs that are messing things up. Buffs like steaks and such that double quantity work fine, but things that increase speed (barazek, pralines, Skunk, Myers) do not work properly.

Also want to point out that other PH like buildings (smokehouse, stronghold, snack stand, laboratory...) say they are getting a boost from the friend buff but are not at all. Though I don't think they are supposed to as far as I know so not really a problem but a little confusing.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    yabba dabba doo, a new bug!!!! (sarcasm)

check bara time for reference:
    1. island froze: https://prnt.sc/o684bx
    2. things start moving again: https://prnt.sc/o684e8

and yes, i cleared cache.
    this happened all day, incredible annoying specially if running scenarios...

bleah, just bleah!!!!

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Some more info: testing build times stated vs actual in my barracks. For info sake my barracks is level 6 and has two regular training grounds for a base speed of 200%.

Now a stack of 25 cavalry with my barracks and no buffs at all will take 25 minutes. With the friend buff alone that should be 12m30s. That is what is says and that is what it takes. Unbuffed (by individual buffs) it all works fine.

When I drop a Myers (+300%) on my building, the new stated time is 5 minutes. (500% speed from base would be 10 and half that would be 5, so this is the time it SHOULD take if working properly). However, if you let it run it will show the stack complete in five minutes but it won't actually be done. (This is when the troops completed message spam begins) If you go to another screen (adv map, friend's island) and come back, the barracks will show that they are in fact still building and only at around 17 completed. It will then continue at the fake pace and if you let it finish and zone back and forth again it will be still building again. Like the Observatory landing glitch, it only shows them as done when they really aren't and you have to wait until they really 'finish' before they are usable and the spam message stops. For info's sake, I timed that at just over 8 minutes for the stack.

That means instead of getting +300%, I am only getting 300% total from the original 25 minute non-friend time, or just 150% total from the friend time. Either way not getting my whole buff and have to deal with forced pauses and spam messages.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Thanks for the info Trial, i hope they fix this soon.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    "I'm still having trouble with my PH - it will finish something, I'll go to the adv and try to find it, and it's not there. So I have to go back home and wait for it to be made again."
    "this barracks bug with friend buff is really stupid... its like having constant drill plan buff on, that you cant remove or speed up.... barracks buffs dont work properly, zone buff dont stack with friends one... its realy slow "
    "sure glad they "fixed" the login issue, otherwise it would have taken more than 45 minutes to log in"

BB needs to hang out in help chat now and then...

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by AlliNel View Post
    "I'm still having trouble with my PH - it will finish something, I'll go to the adv and try to find it, and it's not there. So I have to go back home and wait for it to be made again."
    "this barracks bug with friend buff is really stupid... its like having constant drill plan buff on, that you cant remove or speed up.... barracks buffs dont work properly, zone buff dont stack with friends one... its realy slow "
    "sure glad they "fixed" the login issue, otherwise it would have taken more than 45 minutes to log in"

BB needs to hang out in help chat now and then...
    The login issue has never been confirmed as "fixed". We are still working on it and have released minor things that should help fix it, but have not for some. We continue to work on it though.

BB is in chat more often than you think

-BB_Odhran

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Please return all the skunks, nashes, myers, and barazeks used which had no effect while the friends buff is running.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Trial, so you're saying the stuff isnt actually prodcued when the mouse-over time in PH/Barracks says it is?

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by AlliNel View Post
    Trial, so you're saying the stuff isnt actually prodcued when the mouse-over time in PH/Barracks says it is?
    Yep. Just like the obs landing glitch where it shows them there but they actually aren't yet, so they just keep rebuilding till they really arrive. In this case it shows it as done but actually isn't and you will get a notice every time you zone back to your island saying "completed" even though they aren't until they finish for real. You can test it by building a stack of 25 troops and dropping a buff. then when they finish go to another island (friend, adv...) and come back. You will see they are suddenly back building again, because they weren't actually done, it just showed they were.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Ok, i was able to replicate the issue. I have the friend buff running. I put a barracks buff on. I put order of 25 militia in. The order completed. I went to my scenario and returned and the order was back in the barracks still being made.

Update: did a test with the regular prov house, UNbuffed while friend buff is running, same issue. Put order in, after order completed i visited a friend. Upon returning, the order was back in the PH with time remaining on it. So the Friend Buff by itself is not helping the PH & RPH either.

Reply to Thread