Hello,

in my opinion and many others, there is a lot of talents/skills for gens/geos/explorers that are too bad/not worth taking.
They need to be improved or replaced. Many of them dont include new updates like titanium/saltpeter mines.

Im going to go over some of those that are in my opinion bad.

Geos: From the get-go you only have 2 options when no books are spent on the geo. And since you have to invest 5 books, what is even the point of the first selection? Move the fast copper mines one into the middle bottom and add a fast iron mining one.

Hidden stone/coal stashes are terrible. The items you find are easily made through regular production. Why not put a couple of crystals there instead?

One could find a couple of shards and the other, crystals. No resources just a tiny amount of crystals/shards. You need tons of crystals and this is a good way to find a tiny amount and an incentive to use the goes.

All surplus skills - these are way worse then finding a bigger deposit. Every time. Because you can buff and upgrade mines. The chance to find surplus should be 100% when 3 skillpoints are used to be anywhere near close to the bigger deposit ones.

Lucky find - locking number of deposits behind a skill is a terrible idea. I dont really see any benefit and its way worse than the other two options. They should be available to everyone. Instead I would suggest a skill that gives a global chance to find faster mined deposits - so for example a 25% chance to find a deposit of any type that can be mined faster.

Explorers: I would say that explorers talents shouldnt focus much on the medium and short searches. These dont really get used all that much and using talents on them would be a waste.

Deforestation, Mistwalker - you can find exotic wood through adventures, in TO, merchant, explorers and it can be gathered on your island. Why the heck would I put books into these talents? Swap their positions in the skill menu (since long ones are available sooner) and replace exotic wood with granite. You need THOUSANDS of granite to upgrade buildings. Way more then exotic planks. (Deforestation would need to be renamed ofc)

Lucky Detour - due to my previous suggestion and the fact that these are rarely used. I would replace it with Coins for the achievement and the fact that at the level youre gonna use them you will need a lot of coins for upgrading.

Hero Ore - change it to affect long AND very long searches. its very weak compared to other options.

Extended Weekend - should affect short AND medium searches.

Bean-A-Colada - why would I choose this just to find iron? This should only find beans/stacks/guild coins so its actually worth it. Its top of the skilltree and you give him a chance to find coal or iron? really?

Streetwise Negotiator,Sophisticated Pillager - these two are god awful. So I get to the top of the tree with my final codex that I cant get back unless I spend tons of gems and my reward is a lousy quest? New Sophisticated Pillager - increase the amount of resources found by 10%. New
Streetwise Negotiator - you find tiny amounts of star coins (that would scale with the type) in treasure or adventure search

Gens:
Based on myself and long time players I talked to, the least used skills are:
Juggernaut - the damage increase is very low. Needs to be increased. Also, should be a percentage so it benefits more gens.

Hostile Takeover - recruits are the cheapest and fastest units to make. Getting a couple for free is not really that great. Instead I would say that this skill could recover weapons from the killed units. So if your gen had recruits and some of them died. You will get a couple of bronze swords back. If the gen dies then you will get nothing from all units. Each skill point would increase the amount of weapons recovered.

Sniper Training - rarely used mainly because it doesnt benefit you that much, because it just turns longbowmen into weaker crossbowmen and marksmen into weaker armored marksmen. Maybe if longbowmen and marksmen had flanking or this skill gave it to them.

Fast Learner,Just A Flesh Wound,Confident Leader - the skills are pretty solid just need a buff.+5-10%

Cleave - since Garrison Annex exists, this is just way worse. Think about it, more units give you flexibility to units of any type, boosting your damage significantly and giving you more options. Cleave boosts one specific type. Weekly Maintenance at least buffs the strongest unit. Besides many players use soldiers and elite soldiers for blocking. Why not buff health instead? For soldiers,elite soldiers, swordsmen and Mounted swordsmen.

Top of the skillstree is just dominated by Master Planner. almost everyone uses it. A boost for your entire army. The second one would probably be 1UP

Lightning Slash - well considering its only usefull for gens that have high attack. This needs to be changed. Maybe something like decreases enemy army's accuracy by 10%.

Bounty Hunter - again too weak, compared to other options. Maybe something like: Recruits, Militia and Swordsmen get a damage increase and splash damage and enemy army loses splash damage.

Also since you give us a whole column more, why cant we use more skill points? At least take it to 6/per row.

When it comes to gens, there are way more qualified people than me so feel free to offer different options. When it comes to the use of certain skills, there is the fact that some skills are used WAY more than others.

Feel free to post your opinion and possible changes/improvements. My main objective is to let the devs know that skillstrees need fixing.