Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Scavenger hunt with Orowa

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahmanan View Post
    The .com version of the forum has a story that is much easier to read and follow along. Not sure what happened on ours, but it is very difficult to decipher into English.
    but the answers are not always the same between the .net and the .com versions... the stories and clues are different in most cases, and in some cases, the answers are different. I am not sure that the answers are meant to be different, its possible that its just another dev mistake, but its a toss of a coin. heads, dev mistake, tails, deliberate difference AND some dev mistakes.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    Dear Settlers,

The Scavenger hunt with Orowa was just published and we can't wait to hear your initial impressions and overall feedback.

Thank you,
    BB_Odhran
    have discussed some initial feedback in the global chat (BB_Odhran), but adding comments in here, as this seems to be the designated venue.

for the .com version, it really reads as if the story is written in a foriegn language that has then been translated in a literal fashion. many sentences are a real struggle to understand. an example is the following "Even MOD_Safaia seems to be too much in the bones for the day".

for several of the clues, there is no clue to go with it. for example, the very first item on the first day just gives the following, but provides no instruction / question / clue / hint. The reader has no idea what the following relates to. Odhran said in the Global Chat, that it is an adventure name. That is a clue / question, which then allows the reader to make some sense of the following.
    "aarlnbasifbhdvettithyeaoe
    Do not forget that spaces do exist"

on day two, on the .com version, we are asked What is Orowa holding in his hands? _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _". But, the related story does not mention Orowa, and there is no clue at all. when i go to the .net version, you get asked the same question, but there is a picture of Orowa... which is the clue. so it looks like the clue is just missing from the com version.
    (I see that this has subsequently been edited, so now that both versions have the picture)

so, my overall feedback is that this seems very rushed, and the are many mistakes as a result

also, while some answers are the same for both net and com versions, there are several that are different. Is it meant to be this way, or not?.
    ie o__ l_m_ vs T_ _ o_ _ l _ m _

World
    Ares
    A good riddle or puzzle should only have one possible answers. If one is only looking at one server, there is some ambiguities. However, if the Scavenger Hunt is meant to have players to look for clues on different servers in different languages, it's clever... However, I note that the riddle titled 'More unanswered questions' is not present in the .net version.
    Whence comest thou?

World
    Ares
    I think one of the riddle clues was wrong on day five. The first one I think was one letter short?

World
    Ares
    Day 6:

The .net and .com versions have a similar description but .net is a 5 letter word and .com is a 6 letter word...
    Whence comest thou?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    what about us who submtited a 5 letter answer on day 6 question 1... after mod online in chat said 'its correct' and then finding out its NOT correct... and you have since changed the spaces to 6 ???

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    In that case Ciara, I'd refer you to rule number 1: Submit your responses within the time period for the Community Event (Responsetime):
    Tuesday, 30. July (08:00 ET) – Sunday, 04. August (17:59 ET)

My question is, is the section "The end" also a riddle to solve, or not?

GoneFishing
    So I posted my answers too soon :|

Should I post them again during the Responsetime?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    there is a response here in this feedback somewhere advising they were accepting them during ... as most of us didnt see that rule

and i have the same question . is the brown box a riddle for day 7?

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    No the Last ending post is not a riddle.

-BB_Odhran

Reply to Thread