Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [Feedback] Changelog 30.07.2019

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunesse View Post
    I have a question regarding the bookbinder tribute. Why was it changed to no longer produce tomes? Obviously you don't want to make it too easy to obtain tomes, but the current system actually discourages spending more money and/or event resources on new people. Why would you want more explorers, geologists, and generals if over half of the ones you own have yet to be booked?

This seems like an all-around bad decision on BlueByte's part. It makes no sense to discourage players from investing more into the game.
    It really takes too long to book up even generals, let alone explorers and geologists. And heaven help you if you have to rebook them. The system really needs to have a method to start producing these at a faster rate.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I have a question regarding the bookbinder tribute. Why was it changed to no longer produce tomes? Obviously you don't want to make it too easy to obtain tomes, but the current system actually discourages spending more money and/or event resources on new people. Why would you want more explorers, geologists, and generals if over half of the ones you own have yet to be booked?

This seems like an all-around bad decision on BlueByte's part. It makes no sense to discourage players from investing more into the game.
    It took me years to get to this point, but now I've got hundreds of spare books with everybody booked how I want, many of which I rebooked at 50%. I'll take what I can get, though. Free manuscripts is nice in any case.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    It took me years to get to this point, but now I've got hundreds of spare books with everybody booked how I want, many of which I rebooked at 50%. I'll take what I can get, though. Free manuscripts is nice in any case.
    It would take 187 (3*21 for explorers, 4*31 for geologists) books to cover this event's people alone. There's going to be more events with more people to book in few months, and still more a few months after that. Like I said, lack of books makes it barely worth buying more people.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    It would take 187 (3*21 for explorers, 4*31 for geologists) books to cover this event's people alone. There's going to be more events with more people to book in few months, and still more a few months after that. Like I said, lack of books makes it barely worth buying more people.
    I'm producing up to about 20-25 books per day. I'm set for multiple more events. Granted, the need to produce books is a very real and lengthy one, but long-term quite doable. Nothing like how it used to be. Of course, we have a lot more ways to use books now, but RPH plus barazek plus spring parks is a powerful combination.

That said, given the choice, I'd obviously rather have something like even a single tome per week, unbuffable, as opposed to the 4 or maybe 5 manuscripts the current version produces. I don't feel buffable with glues (so 2 per week) would be completely unreasonable, which I believe is how it originally was on Test. Any more than that is pushing it for something that requires no input and no effort other than one initial adventure with relatively modest losses.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    I'm producing up to about 20-25 books per day. I'm set for multiple more events. Granted, the need to produce books is a very real and lengthy one, but long-term quite doable. Nothing like how it used to be. Of course, we have a lot more ways to use books now, but RPH plus barazek plus spring parks is a powerful combination.

That said, given the choice, I'd obviously rather have something like even a single tome per week, unbuffable, as opposed to the 4 or maybe 5 manuscripts the current version produces. I don't feel buffable with glues (so 2 per week) would be completely unreasonable, which I believe is how it originally was on Test. Any more than that is pushing it for something that requires no input and no effort other than one initial adventure with relatively modest losses.
    You can't produce 20-25 books per day using bara and spring park max amount of manu is 14 with those two. You have to add meadhall buff and use bookbinder as well to get those numbers...

This bookbinder tribute is not worth the nukes or the troops to get it, imo. At least I will not bother with it, waste of time and resources.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by ghannima View Post
    You can't produce 20-25 books per day using bara and spring park max amount of manu is 14 with those two. You have to add meadhall buff and use bookbinder as well to get those numbers...

This bookbinder tribute is not worth the nukes or the troops to get it, imo. At least I will not bother with it, waste of time and resources.
    Yes, figuring in bookbinder and two spring park buffs per day (which I don't normally do, but sometimes do). Not even counting meadhall or premium friend buff.

I heard that argument on Test, but I don't get it. I can spare the 2k regular barracks troops. I don't think that's more than a few k worth of coins to spend on swords, if you don't have the resources in stock. I never use the troops I lost (mostly militia and soldiers) and so had to produce them, but that was a simple task that I queued up a few days ago. I don't run Third Thief anymore either, but it's not more than a couple hours, though simming every camp adds to the effort. Well worth it for anyone starved for books, or anyone who just wants to do something different or is a completionist. I don't "need" the manuscripts, but if I weren't running this adventure, I probably wouldn't be running another one anyway, so may as well.

Reply to Thread