Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Noble bookbinder tribute

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I don't think I'll run the Alibaba adventure to get that tribute. I mean, it's a big loss of troops to get one manuscript per week... It's better to optimize the manuscript production with the RPH.
    The crisis quest might be less demanding but still I don't think the effort worth it.
    If it is feared that people would abuse of that tribute then: set a suitable production rate and make it not buffable.

Honestly by making quests and events too difficult, the game is losing people interest. For instance: I've discussed with other players about the weekly challenge: most of them have give up with it, most of the time it is simply too hard to complete it. Especially for a few more tokens...

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    .... unbuffable with tomes was my thought as well, and reasonable. That makes it slightly better but not overpowered.
    Bingo! However, that would require some additional programming/work from BB so the easy out for them was to switch it from Tomes to Manuscripts.

Like you, I've been playing long enough that this tribute is more of a cute little geegaw rather than anything necessary to my further development.

However, it would be nice if the whole thought process that went on with this was behind BB's closed doors. That way nobody would ever have known that it started out making tomes but was dropped back because of vague fears of being exploited. If all we ever knew was that a new tribute building spit out a maunscript every week most peole would be "cool! free manuscripts". Instead, people are disappointed and irritated because something was "taken away", kinda like Lucy and the football.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Ares
    Since it only does manuscripts (hope whomever cause that to be nerfed is enjoying his/her 15 minutes of fame), it hardly seems worth the effort. Just queue up the RPH and level up the regular PH for quest needs.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I missed the original whiney one's comments on test, but even if they were accurate in the friendship buff that is incrediably overpriced and not on the table of weekly options for the masses. Did BB miss out on the boat with those really impatient ones who would have spent all sorts of gems on that? Those that want to play the game through gem spending I am a bit surprised that idea was frowned upon, clearly a first in my experience here. For the rest of us on a budget that can't dump in money every week don't believe that the majority of players in this game would be able to generate more than 5 tomes a week. I have been playing this game for many years now and don't have anywhere close to having all my people skilled. I appreciate the new little building that is goin to assist in that but really manuscripts were not much of a help at all. I can't believe that I am posting about being disappointed in BB's lack of greed for coin, and that one noisey whiney player can nerf it up for the whole gang. In my house whiners were sent to bed early to rest so they didn't spoil everyone's fun.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I won't ever do the awful requirements to get it, so it doesn't bother me any.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCat View Post
    Since it only does manuscripts (hope whomever cause that to be nerfed is enjoying his/her 15 minutes of fame), it hardly seems worth the effort. Just queue up the RPH and level up the regular PH for quest needs.
    I haven't bothered yet and I doubt I will. The process just takes too long now and the tribute as it is, isn't going to speed things up enough for me to really care. This games days are numbered anyway.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    could of fixed this pretty easy. only allow buffs on the building. make Friends premium and love crazed not count for tributes. I had already done 3rd thief with only soldiers not knowing that the trubute was nerfed into uselessness. I dont see a point in doing any of the crisis event now either. Manuscripts are useless from the tribute Tomes would of been nice at ( with elixer) 5 per tribute per week
    Zeus Artillerist {Gnomelot}
    Ares AAtillerist {Weeble Nation}

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    I have mentioned this information regarding this to our team. I have also put in the suggestions that were mentioned as well.

-BB_Odhran

World
    Zeus
    It just dawned on me that if the Tribute went from tomes to manuscripts because that was the "easiest" way to stop potential exploitation AND if making it unbuffable, etc would be more programming than BB wants to do, one other simple solution would be to switch it back to tomes and extend the time it takes.

If it's set to a 14 day cycle instead of 7, then the potential for exploits have been cut literally in half. I can already make 60 tomes a month in the bookbinder with no buffs whatsoever. If somebody wants to go to all the trouble and expense to squeeze 40 a month out of 2 tributes using a timer/alarm clock and expensive buffs that most people won't have anyway, well more power to them. They're probably level 75 already and bored spitless. The rest of us could pick up a few extra tomes every month and be satisfied with it.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    tomes are not exactly the end of the story either - and remember, it costs me 6 manus to make tomes in the RPH (plus beans) or 5 in the bookbinder even if I put fancy glue on it takes a day and a half to make the 3 for a codex, plus half a day for the codex itself. Now, I currently have a pplan to upgrade 4 MMAs with 1-up. As a minimum I need 4 codices, and if I decide to add 3 books on garrison, I need another 12.

I do have the tome recipe for the RPH, but even with a barazek every day, it takes 4 days to make 5 tomes (3 days making 10 manus each day, then 5 tomes on the 4th day).

So an unbuffed tribute making a few tomes a week (or even 1 tome a day, say) is not going to destroy the game as we know it.

That's beside the new geos and other generals which come with 'most every event and you want books for those. To usefully book up a general you likely want something like 6 manus, 9 tomes and 6 codices. For me to make those *with* the RPH recipe and the bookbinder needs 5 barazek-days on tomes (plus a couple in the bookbinder to make the 27 tomes needed, and those 5 barazek-days on tomes EACH need 3 barazek-days on manus, so that's 16 barazek-days on manus.

We're talking 3 weeks, really. That's not super-stacking rare and expensive buffs, that's a practical estimate for an average player and it STILL needs 21 barazeks, and still only works if you have the tome recipe, which many players don't yet.

so really, a few extra manus are not gonna cut it. A few tomes would help.

Reply to Thread