Reply to Thread

Thread: Weekly quests

Soldier
    World
    Ares

Weekly quests

A while ago it was hinted that we would get more choice of adventures to run for the weekly quests chains. Sadly, as with some other such hints, it proved to be pie in the sky floating over castles in Spain, and we still have a "list" of one adventure for each of the quest lines.

What I'm hearing is that many people can't be bothered. Which is a shame as the weekly quest and tokens for building upgrades is a nice feature. The sticking point for many (me included) is that the adventures are too much hassle for something you do every week. At my level, I have things like 2nd thief, 3rd thief. Those are a pain to get, unless you already run multiple woodcutter per day. Then there's storm recovery which eats precious grout, and multiple runs of whirlwind which requires 4 players.

So here's my suggestion. ADD to the lists, using the 4 level 42 epic adventures: Black knights, Roaring bull, Secluded experiments and Dark brotherhood. Sure they're not such big rewards, but they're easy to get and generate loot spots for lower players, if you choose to. Or, if you have enough 2nd thief, you can elect to run those instead and get the higher rewards. This will make the weekly quest a whole lot easier to run, so people will actually finish it.

Of course, I expect someone to come along and complain that I'm trying to make the game too easy. Frankly, those people are often players who have played for years, maxed out their level and island and are bored. There's a limit to how many of those weeklies even a high level player can run, and no shortage of stuff to spend the tokens on, so that argument won't fly - and even if some few players run weekly quests flat out and gain 200 tokens a week or something, what difference does it make?

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Well that got a lot of attention. Maybe I'll just give up on completing the dang things, and take the small, easy rewards only.

Seriously, this is a great feature and it sucks for ONE reason, which should be simple to fix so PLEASE BB can you fix it? Pretty please, with a cherry on? I'll even buy some more gems.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Even just making it so it's "Do any three of the following: WW, SR, BC" or something would be enough. Let us pick our poison.

I know why they don't use low-level advs, because they don't want it to be too easy - and lootslots could do that for things like BK, etc.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    I have let the team know and hopefully they will add some more changes!

-BB_Odhran

Reply to Thread