Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek Anniversary Event 2019

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I think I'll be able to afford maybe 1 codex per week with the adventure tale costs, but it still sounds like a nice idea being able to get them without tome input or regular bookbinder time.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlaar View Post
    As you use your book binder, it becomes more expensive. You have not yet maxed out your Codex cost.

Also, once you learn the recipe for the RPH it is also more expensive than the original book binder. The convenience of being able to put it into a queue adds material cost.

Edit: Also consider that the new building does not require lower level books as resource cost...how long did it take to make your 2 tomes you list? How many resources went into making them? Is the new building really more expensive?
    Yes my codex costs are maxed out and have been for years!

Also consider you have to run adventures to get one of the items I have been playing from closed beta. The only reason I made 50 was the weekly quests that I can do with goods from my island IE the ship ones or make x number of this or that I can set those thing to make and forget it til I can log in again. adventures are timed and require effort to do some you can't even do alone. Do keep in mind not everyone can log in hourly or even daily so adventures can die and you get nada for your losses. Lastly there is a why to make books in the RPH?? (see again when one can't log in often one misses these things.)
    If at first you don't succeed blame someone else!

On a peak over looking my island surrounded by black dragons
    World
    Zeus
    I think all the buildings and generals should be shrunk down or the Islands doubled in size. I have no room for anymore buildings or generals. I could careless about new content. My star menu is full of buildings I can't use. Blue Watchtower, Observatory, Scouting Post, 2 Laboratory's, 50 plus flags, 5 Recycling Manufactory's, 7 Watermills, 26 Noble Residents, 3 Improved Watermills, 3 Improved Silos, 3 Improved Mills, 4 Improved Farms, 2 Improved Butchers, 2 Improved Bakery, 2 Improved Deer Huts, 2 White Castles and 6 Pirate huts. I haven't gotten any new buildings except observ, labs and sp in 2 years and those 3 are useless. I deleted the nr too make room for snack huts and exotic wood buildins. I have to delete a Magnificent Residence for pumpkin patches every Halloween. Need more Islands like Anno!

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ghannima View Post
    As far as I could see on test server, the adventure tale will drop from any adventure loot.

My question is how do we get the building and how much it will cost... On test server it cost 1 fish, and I'm wary about that... I don't know if I like it or not until I learn the price or what we have to do to get it.
    Obviously one building is not enough for a decent books production...

I think it might be a "free" community reward from the goals of the event. Like the Scout Building in the last anniversary event.
    (first one is free) (additional ones will probably cost gems like how it is from the events. see how scout building cost gems and observatory and weather station)

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    regular bookbinder still needs build queue

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    The general (and probably the building) seem to be part of the reward chain from the anniversary event.

I also noticed a storage tower in the calendar, too.

The new bookbinder is huge - being able to make a codex from (roughly) ten adventures run is amazing - along with the manuscript recipe and the tributes, book problems are basically solved.

I'm trying to work out the general. Gemini = "The Twin" - but it seems his dad is the Major and the Field Marshal is his twin brother?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldy View Post
    I think all the buildings and generals should be shrunk down or the Islands doubled in size. I have no room for anymore buildings or generals. I could careless about new content. My star menu is full of buildings I can't use. Blue Watchtower, Observatory, Scouting Post, 2 Laboratory's, 50 plus flags, 5 Recycling Manufactory's, 7 Watermills, 26 Noble Residents, 3 Improved Watermills, 3 Improved Silos, 3 Improved Mills, 4 Improved Farms, 2 Improved Butchers, 2 Improved Bakery, 2 Improved Deer Huts, 2 White Castles and 6 Pirate huts. I haven't gotten any new buildings except observ, labs and sp in 2 years and those 3 are useless. I deleted the nr too make room for snack huts and exotic wood buildins. I have to delete a Magnificent Residence for pumpkin patches every Halloween. Need more Islands like Anno!
    This is the problem with the buy more buildings to increase speed. Why? There are three mechanics already invented for this: buffs, upgrades, and unlocks. The only reason for the additional building concept is gem sales, which is obviously something they need, but it is not a game friendly mechanic.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Just a heads up the new general will also do splash damage.

-BB_Odhran

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Does he really have 3x recovery time? Recovers in 1.3333hrs base?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    Yes my codex costs are maxed out and have been for years!

Also consider you have to run adventures to get one of the items I have been playing from closed beta. The only reason I made 50 was the weekly quests that I can do with goods from my island IE the ship ones or make x number of this or that I can set those thing to make and forget it til I can log in again. adventures are timed and require effort to do some you can't even do alone. Do keep in mind not everyone can log in hourly or even daily so adventures can die and you get nada for your losses. Lastly there is a why to make books in the RPH?? (see again when one can't log in often one misses these things.)
    you dont need to if your too lazy to do a full adv then just buy lootspots the new building is great even at 4 days for a codex it allows you to make a codex without needing tomes etc first you can have your rph make tomes your bookbinder and bookbinder tributes make the scipts to make the tomes and the new building to make codexs from basically nowt....how do you deal with events when you need to do adventures to gain the loot to buy stuff??with effort is reward plus no doubt the new building will be up for sale for gems so that will speed the process up

Reply to Thread