Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek Anniversary Event 2019

Administrator
    World
    Zeus

[Feedback] Sneak Peek Anniversary Event 2019

Dear Settlers,

The Sneak Peek of the Anniversary Event 2019 was just published and we can't wait to hear your initial impressions and overall feedback.

Thank you,
    BB_Odhran

World
    Zeus
    Wow that new General is just amazing!! first strike. highest possible unit count. recovery for units and fast heal. !!!

World
    Zeus
    how do you get adventure tale resources?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post
    how do you get adventure tale resources?
    As far as I could see on test server, the adventure tale will drop from any adventure loot.

My question is how do we get the building and how much it will cost... On test server it cost 1 fish, and I'm wary about that... I don't know if I like it or not until I learn the price or what we have to do to get it.
    Obviously one building is not enough for a decent books production...

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Also curious about how to obtain adventure tale resources.

The new general is holy crap amazing. Thank you! We needed another powerful general.

My main question is about the landprint size of the novel building. I will assume it to be 2X2. That looks appropriate.
    Also if there will be a limit to how many can be purchased by gem.

Grats on the anniversary. Don't let this game fade away when flash does. We need an alternative and I can only hope you are addressing this issue.

I am going to assume based on previous event. 1 of each general and building can be acquired through the event itself by completing a quest line releasing over a week. And both will be avail for gem purchase in a future release. General limited to one, and building most likely unlimited.

World
    Zeus
    Long Adventure Story Produces 1 Codex

560 Advanced Paper
    400 Bookfitting
    72 Coin
    40 Adventure Tale

96h

bookmaker

375 Advanced Paper
    300 Bookfitting
    2 tomes

14 hours

So this new building really doesn't seem like it is worth it to me.
    If at first you don't succeed blame someone else!

World
    Zeus
    Looking at the Adventure Bookbinder, some perspective and context is in order before the wave of "it's not worth it cause a codex takes 96 hours" flood of comments starts.

OK, so Codex = 96 hours, or 4 days unbuffed. Let's reverese engineer a Codex, shall we? (Examples will use max costs, just like real life)

A Codex = 3 Tomes.

3 Tomes = 15 Manuscripts

In a lvl 6 Bookbinder, unbuffed:

It will take 7-1/2 days to make 15 Manuscripts + 1-1/2 days to make 3 tomes + 14 hours (call it 1/2 day) to finally make a Codex.

Total?? 9-1/2 days per Codex with a Bookbinder.

So in reality, when neither bulding is buffed, the Adventure Bookbinder is twice as fast as the Bookbinder AND without the associated costs for all the Manuscripts that go into the Tomes and the Tomes that go into the Codex. You savvy?

Additionally, it has a queue so you can set it and forget it. All in all it's a pretty darn good addition to the game.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    Long Adventure Story Produces 1 Codex

560 Advanced Paper
    400 Bookfitting
    72 Coin
    40 Adventure Tale

96h

bookmaker

375 Advanced Paper
    300 Bookfitting
    2 tomes

14 hours

So this new building really doesn't seem like it is worth it to me.
    As you use your book binder, it becomes more expensive. You have not yet maxed out your Codex cost.

Also, once you learn the recipe for the RPH it is also more expensive than the original book binder. The convenience of being able to put it into a queue adds material cost.

Edit: Also consider that the new building does not require lower level books as resource cost...how long did it take to make your 2 tomes you list? How many resources went into making them? Is the new building really more expensive?

Noble
    World
    Ares
    To answer the other question: adventure tale resources are given as loot at the end of every adventure in an amount equal to the number difficulty of the adventure itself. So a level 10 difficulty map will give 10 tales. A level will give 5, and so on.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I'm guessing a general that epic is going to cost like 20,000 event resources to buy.

Reply to Thread