Reply to Thread

Thread: Chrome Phasing out Adobe Flash

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Chrome Phasing out Adobe Flash

How is Ubisoft addressing the Chrome phase out of adobe flash player? Will you be changing to a different platform or will users have to use a different browser?

World
    Zeus
    From the test server:

"We are aware of the Adobe announcement and take this topic seriously. This specific announcement is related to the flash browser plugin. Right now we are looking into some options, such as Adobe AIR, for a possible alternative/workaround, if the flash plugin is getting removed/blocked from major browsers.

Have fun
    BB_Alex"
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I've been using a different browser for about a year. I had been looking for a reason anyway, but when I tell a browser I want to do something, I shouldn't have to tell it that again when I restart. Although longer term just using a different browser is not a viable solution.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Firefox finally followed suit. Their solution is a lot less cryptic than Chrome. Have to click the run icon in the browser. Very clear how to address. But have to do it every time the browser is opened.

Apparently, they plan to kill it off completely early next year, except for the ESR version.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I have tried the most recent of GC, FF, IE, Opera, Vivaldi, Baidu, and Edge. They all moan whine and complain about FLASH. Wondering if there is now more than someone just going to look into it? Will BB use this to try and force us onto their newer game?

Reply to Thread