Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Anniversary Event 2019

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    The one thing I am very sad NOT to see is any adventures giving double XP.

World
    Zeus
    Wow, that didn't take long for the first crash/shutdown of the event.

Saw the notice that there was a "planned" one 5 hours from now, so I'm guessing this is that, just early?

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I now remember how frustrating it was last year trying to get Cake Dough. My guild has all above level 50. Little or no cake dough available in TO.
    These artificial obstacles to provide challenge in the game are wearing thin. Yes, you don't want to make getting cake dough too easy. But you constantly push the frustration envelope (like with weekly challenges).
    All this frustration for a game with no long term future with Flash becoming obsolete.

And it's obvious that BB is not putting any development effort into enhancing the actual Settlers online interface. (yes, there are new buildings and buffs, but not UI enhancements). Like a star menu so items don't keep shifting around, a "sleep when buff expires" on buildings, a speed dial for generals that load a given configuration of troops, a Find a building on the map tool, a Find a particular player tool, etc. When your development environment is going away (Flash), why put any time into creating or enhancing the user interface?

World
    Ares
    The level for dough/candles should have been adjusted. players can reach level 50 much faster than before, so there are not as many as it used to be. Level 55 or 60 would make more sense and would be enjoyable.
    Whence comest thou?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I don't like this event.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Indeed, we only have 1-2 sub-L50 players at any given point. We spend so much effort getting them over L50 that it's now hurting us. Quite a few guild members are skipping this event or doing minimum efforts as a result.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Another horrible event. The ratio of active players level 50+ verses players under 50 is huge. BB wants us to play and level up however makes no compensation for level 50+ to get dough. If BB wanted us to continue playing this game they would make it easier for us to get the dough and not using gems to do so. This is another failed attempt by BB on trying to keep active players playing.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I wasn't even aware there were active players below level 50 at this point (or any players that has been here for under 3 years for that matter), yet a quest requires them to exist.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    400 mil in balloons in 6 more days....lol Sorry (not really) but you do realize that this game is on it's last legs. The influx of "new fish" is almost gone and besides a few rare exceptions it is older players just hanging on to something they enjoy. Some of the goal post in this event are just absurd and do not reflect the player base at all.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    The 400 million target seems quite reachable.

Reply to Thread