Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Anniversary Event 2019

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    disagree - we are at 33 mil on day 2.. and with cake dough being so difficult to get (some are selling 50 for 5k grout!!!).. i cant afford to buy it. candle drops are too low, collies and explorer drops are a joke.
    and good job bb turning a community sharing event in to a dough gouging event.
    i work.. i cant grind adv 24-7...

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    quest makes me do old ruins.. gives Zero candles??

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Too difficult to get dough. This event is not balanced well. There should have been an adjustment for the levels to get the dough.

World
    Zeus
    You know, if people would just cooperate a little it wouldn't be difficult at all.

The players getting dough get it at a rate of around 9 times what upper levels get candles at. I've been running DB's and giving a LS to a lvl 42 guildmate. (Our only guildmate getting dough.) She's getting 143 to 285 dough, while I'm getting 16 to 31 candles. This is before prem.

So 1:1 trades would be more than fair to everybody. People need to quit panicking and offering ridiculous trades cause they're afraid they're not gonna get dough. Run BN's. Get candles. Trade 1:1.

And the usual suspects need to stop offering 23 dough for 85 candles and thinking they're getting over on people. When you can get 23 dough by converting 46 candles in the PH, offering a trade like that, during an event like this, is somewhere several levels below despicable.

Trading in this game has gotten pathetic, especially during events. This is an event where we're supposed to be working toward a common goal that benefits everyone, not screw everyone over to maximize personal profits. All the Liberterians can just stuff any "free market" replies. Baloney. It doesn't apply to this particular community effort.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    In the last 12 hours, we've done 24 million. Need to average 60 million per day for the rest of the event. And these are low production hours as people are still gathering the necessary resources. I've only contributed 100 myself so far, the amount required by the quest. It seems unlikely we're heading for a repeat of last year where the numbers had to be adjusted. I would expect to easily overshoot that 400 million.

I don't know what the community goal is based on, but the 15k number is almost achievable running the festival hall unbuffed, let alone with cakes.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    I don't know what the community goal is based on, but the 15k number is almost achievable running the festival hall unbuffed, let alone with cakes.
    I agree with you on this point. I'm running mortars in all 3 slots and unbuffed would just about hit 15K. I'm nervous about getting to 400 million, but like you said, people are just getting started. So you may well be right, and I certainly hope you are
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    The 400 million target seems quite reachable.
    going on day 2 and we haven't hit 60 mil. that is 30 mil a day. With 5 more days that is 150 mil plus the 60 mil makes it 210 mil. As you can see, we are a bit short. Last year they did the same thing and lowered the bar because it WAS impossible.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    disagree - we are at 33 mil on day 2.. and with cake dough being so difficult to get (some are selling 50 for 5k grout!!!).. i cant afford to buy it. candle drops are too low, collies and explorer drops are a joke.
    and good job bb turning a community sharing event in to a dough gouging event.
    i work.. i cant grind adv 24-7...
    Yes some of those low levels are extremely greedy. I haven't even finished my first quest because I can't get the dough without grinding a bunch of adventures and converting it. Just not worth the bother.

I can see why some of the low levels never bother doing adventures anymore, there is no point in leveling up.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    You know, if people would just cooperate a little it wouldn't be difficult at all.
    Trading in this game has gotten pathetic, especially during events. This is an event where we're supposed to be working toward a common goal that benefits everyone, not screw everyone over to maximize personal profits.
    You make it sound like, especially during events, trades haven't been pathetic. I think I started in 2012, by 2013 everything upside downed already lol

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    There is a blatant imbalance of ratio of lower level players and higher level players.
    Would it be possible to raise the boundary between dough and candles to 60 instead of 50?
    There's a huge shortage of dough, and that's the only way it's going to change.

Reply to Thread