Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Anniversary Event 2019

Administrator
    World
    Zeus

[Feedback] Dev Diary Anniversary Event 2019

Dear Settlers,

The Dev Diary Anniversary Event 2019 was just published and we can't wait to hear your initial impressions and overall feedback.

Thank you,
    BB_Odhran

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Here's hoping we're able to actually log-in for the entire Event, because the Summer Event was a disaster and a serious waste of time due to that, if you weren't willing to dump serious cash into Gems to make up for all the lost time. We lost a lot of players due to that issue. Hopefully the BB tech team is ready for the inevitable mishaps and onslaught of 'Event Only' players returning.

The new Characters and Buildings look interesting, so it will come down to how hard it is to get them for the average-to-dedicated players.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    So here's the problem with your wondrous res.
    It only goes to level 12. That is just not enough. Not remotely.
    When we high level players are dealing with 30-40k population size. Have every arch, have mag res filling every hole we can. Which by guide can be about 80.
    Our goal is to maintain our population size while reducing our blueprint.
    But here is the thing.

We only need a higher pop cap to allow us to run for longer while our army reproduces during these 2-3 week events. We want to have 15k army ready to go on day 1 so that we can keep on running while our Eracks tries to keep up.
    You want a 15kgem investment for a wonder res. That is basically 2 ETG. The ETG are more valuable than the cap because they affect replacement. What good is a higher cap when your eracks is stuck at a 7 day production time and you've got no troops to run advs, which are your source of event resource.
    The faster we can replinish our army, the lower our population cap needs to be. As you are giving us more buildings with the effect of schoolhouse, you are devaluing wonder res. You don't see that?

Here is why else I don't care for wonder res. Sure, it's got a small blueprint. And +150 pop over a mag. But compared to an arabian palace. It is +130 pop. palace having a smaller 4x4 blueprint than mag res making it easer to place and offering +1 square compared to mag. Which filled with arabian tower at 110. With that combo wonder is only +20. Which a single token investment would equalize.
    And heres the kicker of it all.
    Wonder is going to cost 15k grout and 10k stalks to reach that max population.

It's just not worth it.
    I have to put in all those resources, just to tear down 1 mag and only gain +150 pop, and 4 usable squares.

Yes I know, during event. wonder res can be bought standalone for 10k gems. Clearly not worth on it's on.
    Within bundle you group it with an imp floating res, which is in fact worth.
    At least with that we can delete 1 building and free a square while gaining pop.
    But when you are in a place where all pop buildings give over 100 pop, you cannot delete 2 buildings as you'd be losing pop to gain 2 squares. Not worth it.

At least for the 15kgem bundle we get the residences.
    Candid exp. "Candid Explorer Available during Christmas Event An explorer that brings fourfold as many rewards when sent on a treasure search."
    And
    "Versed Geologist Available during Christmas Event Finds 50% bigger deposits, 50% faster and has a 50% chance of finding an additional deposit.
    Works on all types of deposits."

Oh but wait, both the new scout and new geo do these things better.
    So where is the draw? Where is the value?

At least this bundle has value beyond it's cost.
    • 1x Intrepid Explorer
    • 1x Training Grounds
    • 7 Premium Days (split into 2x 3days,1x 1day)
    • 5x Rain of Flaming Arrows
    • 1x Premium Friend Buff
    Price: 5999 Gems (Limit: 1 per Player)

But in now way can we put up the 15k gems for large bundle and have gems left over to put toward 5k balloons at a time.

And then there is this.
    Description: 200 Grout
    Price: 450 Gems (25% discount)
    You let me know how many of those sell.
    You do realize we run 4-5 WC a day right?
    How many 2nd thief LS are sold during an event, oil LS during an event.
    Every passing event grout is valued less and less because more people are growing into a position where they are able to procure their own.
    You want 10-15k gems for the wonder res, and then 15k grout to upgrade it. And you think we are going to just gem purchase grout? Hell to the no.
    If you are willing to over value your small bundle with a training grounds, why can we not get an ETG in the large bundle? That would at least make it attractive and worth while.
    I'm sure you think friend buff is valuable. But they are cheap enough to be attained faster than events run and therefore are not really expensive.
    Pathfinder alone spits out 2500 SC a week. 4 weeks, bam friend buff. And you are not doing an event every month. So I can still afford to buy the friend buff, plus the tag buffs all with SC.
    Those items hold no gem value, they are just bonus within the bundle but not cause to buy the bundle.

I'm afraid your cost evaluations are becoming more out of touch with what players are able to afford in game without gem use.

You want us to celebrate your birthday with you? Alright. Kick off the event with a 1 day 200% gem sale. Don't mess around with the 100% Even with that we gotta drop 60 bucks just to make it worth it. And then we have to decide. Get 1 gem pit for investment with delayed return, or instant value of buildings?
    With a sale its 60 bucks to buy this large bundle and what do we get? a wonder res and a bunch of items we can acquire otherwise.
    Hard to find value in that when we will get 1 res through door anyway.

But hey, at least we get this general.
    "As the elder twin he aimed to surpass his father General Log by being able to lead a larger army, with success. Even more kind-hearted as his father, he recovers 20% of lost units after every battle and can lead 280 Units. Travels twice as quickly to adventures. Recover 3x as quickly from defeat and has the advantages of First Strike & Flanking. Also does splash damage.

The reward for the 15000 ballons quest (1 per Event)"
    Btw. It's "balloon" not ballon.
    Also this spelling error "IIt can not" within education tribute explanation.

Your problem is. Some player pay attention to the details. And not everything you do regarding events balances out.

Sure I'm gonna end up dropping some gem on the event. Maybe. Hard to say. Halloween is only a few weeks after this event ends, and I already know I will need some set aside for pumpkins to get something of real value.
    Which going off last years list.
    Village School (max 3) Haunted Mansion (max 3) Laboratory (max 1)
    roughly just under 15k pumpkin value. Which @ 360 gem for 300p.
    15k gems will buy 41.6 packages X 300 12500p.
    Knowing that is only 1/4 or less of what I need during event. Birthday package is not worth it.
    This will grant me pop recovery, pop cap, and faster source for friend buff.
    If those items are what you want.
    We know better than to get "Mad Scientist (max 1)". So your not getting that 5k pumpkin from us. You are giving us a far better general now, and we already got boris.

Good job on the other new buildings. Those are nice value. A great addition to our ability to tech further.
    But overall, I find it hard to be excited about this event when there are no rewards worth mentioning outside of new general and scout. We always need more scouts. This gen will help out in the high level advs. But still. When you give us a general that cuts down unit loss, we don't have to recover army as fast, we don't need as high a pop cap, we don't need to put in the ultra high cost for a wonder res.
    The cost associated with wonder res is out of touch with what is needed and what we can achieve without it.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I will accept any Wondrous Residences that others do not want, I will find room for them.

We get one for free; if people want to spend the gems on others I say let them. The small bundle is tempting to me, the large; not so much. Maybe adding another explorer or storage tower would push me over the edge.

(Also both mag rez and arabian palace take the same room - 4 2x2 spots, just one is a T shape and one is a square).

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    The small bundle is maybe interesting to me. The big one isn't because most of the price comes from population buildings I don't need. Although if this becomes a trend and there's a new bundle or two every event, I'll have to start passing sooner or later regardless.

New general sounds awesome.

New explorer is nice. I guess. Another one for the collection to click one by one.

New geologist looks I think maybe pretty appealing. -200% search speed is awful, but for when you're not in a rush, the +200% deposit size is great.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Well, I know to each player their own, and some of the items (the new scout, new general) look appealing and, I will get the "free" Won Res, but the bundles need to be reworked. Especially at that price. Either offer a 200% gem sale for a day or add more to the bundles.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    The -200% speed general is AMAZING - when used correctly. For copper the time doesn't matter much - perhaps for marble, too - though we've stone cold.

But for overnight granite? Could be quite useful.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by bombcar View Post
    The -200% speed general is AMAZING - when used correctly. For copper the time doesn't matter much - perhaps for marble, too - though we've stone cold.

But for overnight granite? Could be quite useful.
    I was thinking marble, maybe iron, which is all I search for anyway. I think any of the other rows may be off limits. Looks like 16 hours for granite.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    16 hours for granite is perfect if you time it to go off about 1/3 of the way through the night (during off-time). It works best if you do the "clustered masons" approach.

World
    Zeus
    Looking forward to the event and the Adventure Bookbinder reward. (back to huffing helium)
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Reply to Thread