Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Anniversary Event 2019

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by AlliNel View Post
    There is a blatant imbalance of ratio of lower level players and higher level players.
    Would it be possible to raise the boundary between dough and candles to 60 instead of 50?
    There's a huge shortage of dough, and that's the only way it's going to change.
    All they need to do is triple the drops of the candles so converting them makes more sense - when more people convert the demand for the dough from under 50s will go down and they won't be able to do that greedy price gouging business.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    For anyone who hasn't done the math:

At 12/hr x 3 (so bronze swords or something) assuming you started at the beginning of the event - you will make 864 balloons a day (call it 850 for travel time).

850 * 14 days = 11,900 balloons

But you need 15,000! No worries - you will get 600 from quests, and 100 per day from the daily, for 2000 more, 13,900 balloons.

But that's not 15,000! Still, you get 310 from the achievements (have 10 cakes placed on you) - but let's ignore those. You're short 1,100 balloons and very sad right now.

However - you get one petite cake from the quest, and one enormous from a door - even if self-placed, that's 16 hours of 50% and 16 of 100% = 288 and 576 = 864 (say 850 for travel time). Still 250 to go.

But that's only ONE MORE SELF PLACED Petite Cake! That's 80 dough and 100 candles, or 360 candles.

Getting 720 candles from explorers and adventures should not be hard for anyone. There is no need to buy dough in the trade office, unless you want to go beyond the 15k for the 1k repeat rewards.

And the double ballista may be worth it, but that's up to you.

You only need a total of three buffs to get to 15k.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by bombcar View Post
    For anyone who hasn't done the math:

At 12/hr x 3 (so bronze swords or something) assuming you started at the beginning of the event - you will make 864 balloons a day (call it 850 for travel time).

850 * 14 days = 11,900 balloons

But you need 15,000! No worries - you will get 600 from quests, and 100 per day from the daily, for 2000 more, 13,900 balloons.

But that's not 15,000! Still, you get 310 from the achievements (have 10 cakes placed on you) - but let's ignore those. You're short 1,100 balloons and very sad right now.

However - you get one petite cake from the quest, and one enormous from a door - even if self-placed, that's 16 hours of 50% and 16 of 100% = 288 and 576 = 864 (say 850 for travel time). Still 250 to go.

But that's only ONE MORE SELF PLACED Petite Cake! That's 80 dough and 100 candles, or 360 candles.

Getting 720 candles from explorers and adventures should not be hard for anyone. There is no need to buy dough in the trade office, unless you want to go beyond the 15k for the 1k repeat rewards.

And the double ballista may be worth it, but that's up to you.

You only need a total of three buffs to get to 15k.
    Doing everything for 14 days is pretty hardcore for this type of game.

What do you need the 720 candles for if everything is taken care of by the free buffs, the quests and the festival hall and the one self made petite cake buff ?

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    You need 720 candles to make the two-self made buffs (assuming you can't get any dough at all).

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    You need 720 candles to make the two-self made buffs (assuming you can't get any dough at all).
    You didn't count the achievement buffs in this did you ? 2 small cakes and 2 large ones ? The ones you will automatically get by gathering/creating 12000 balloons.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I didn't; I ignored the achievements entirely - with them it's even easier; perhaps no dough/candles at all.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    The only thing you need to buy is the 50 of cake or candles for the one quest. If people really want to buy cake beyond that, more power to them, but don't be surprised that the market is not very favorable for something in somewhat short supply that you probably don't really need, even more so if you are criticizing people for "gouging" because they could just not sell at all.

This is a pretty relaxing event compared to something like Easter or Halloween. 15k balloons should be pretty easy to come by for most people. As long as you have the resources handy, you can just set it and forget it for 2 weeks and self drop the occasional free buff if you want. In terms of community contribution and additional rewards beyond the top limit, that may take a bit more effort, but just for the main prizes, I don't see why anyone would struggle very much.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I didn't; I ignored the achievements entirely - with them it's even easier; perhaps no dough/candles at all.
    Well I hope your math is right because I am not doing putting in any extra effort for this event. I don't like it but then I am not a fan of most of their newer events anyway.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    The only thing you need to buy is the 50 of cake or candles for the one quest. If people really want to buy cake beyond that, more power to them, but don't be surprised that the market is not very favorable for something in somewhat short supply that you probably don't really need, even more so if you are criticizing people for "gouging" because they could just not sell at all.

This is a pretty relaxing event compared to something like Easter or Halloween. 15k balloons should be pretty easy to come by for most people. As long as you have the resources handy, you can just set it and forget it for 2 weeks and self drop the occasional free buff if you want. In terms of community contribution and additional rewards beyond the top limit, that may take a bit more effort, but just for the main prizes, I don't see why anyone would struggle very much.
    People were asking for 5000 candles for 1000 longbows the second day...and offering 30 dough for an adventure they will turn around and try to sell for 30k. People are using that word 'gouging' pretty correctly.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    ...and offering 30 dough for an adventure they will turn around and try to sell for 30k. People are using that word 'gouging' pretty correctly.
    Yep. Same people every event. Over n over. Gouging. Actually, it's all the time, it just gets much worse during events.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Reply to Thread