Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Anniversary Event 2019

World
    Zeus
    At last!! This game finally got exciting!!!
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    why if there are 2 days 11 hr left on the event count down.. does the last phase only have 11 hours left?? why are you shorting us 2 days??

World
    Zeus
    I think the extra 2 days is for people getting to 15,000 if they haven't already. Phase 2 ends at 4 am eastern time monday morning.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    I think the extra 2 days is for people getting to 15,000 if they haven't already. Phase 2 ends at 4 am eastern time monday morning.

the event ends at 10 am cest time on 23rd the extra two days are just for ppl to collect there rewards you wont be able to trade dough nor candles and you wont be able to donate balloons or make them

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Congrats!
    Mad scientist.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    so we have
    a bookbinder that won't queue (regardless of us asking for this for YEARS)... and thus wastes any buff we put on unless we stay awake 24-7 to add another book.

and

a bookbinder that's exceptionally slow but Does queue.. and refuses to take binder buffs..

>:{

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    so we have
    a bookbinder that won't queue (regardless of us asking for this for YEARS)... and thus wastes any buff we put on unless we stay awake 24-7 to add another book.

and

a bookbinder that's exceptionally slow but Does queue.. and refuses to take binder buffs..

>:{
    I'm sorry. I will try poking again about a bookbinder queue to see if it can get anything out of it. I know it is frustrating to deal with and no one wants to have to be on all the time in order to keep it buffed.

-BB_Odhran

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    the event ends at 10 am cest time on 23rd the extra two days are just for ppl to collect there rewards you wont be able to trade dough nor candles and you wont be able to donate balloons or make them
    That's what i thought too. However, nothing has changed after the end of the event on the 23rd, you can still make balloons and trade ingredients. None of the things listed in deactivation happened.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    I'm sorry. I will try poking again about a bookbinder queue to see if it can get anything out of it. I know it is frustrating to deal with and no one wants to have to be on all the time in order to keep it buffed.

-BB_Odhran
    BB_Odhran, please don't be sorry. There is nothing to be sorry about.

The Adventure Bookbinder may look slow at first glance, but is it really??

Prior to the Adventure Bookbinder, to make a codex requires 15 manuscripts, to make 3 tomes, to make 1 codex. Run all of that through the bookbinder and see how long it takes. Bet it's longer than 4 days! We can make a codex without having to make 15 manuscripts and 3 tomes first. It's faster and it frees up those 15 manuscripts and 3 tomes for other uses.

No matter what BB does, people are gonna complain. But there is no resaon to be complaining about the Adventure Bookbinder. Absolutely none. It freakin' rocks!!

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    I know it is frustrating to deal with and no one wants to have to be on all the time in order to keep it buffed.

-BB_Odhran
    Sorry, what? O.o

BB has been requiring us to either be on constantly or spend significant amounts of money on Gems to keep things running smoothly. Buildings that require constant attention to keep Buffs active. Buildings that waste Buffs if we aren't available when they die. Buildings in constant demand but can't stack/queue.

You're right. No one wants to be on all the time just to keep things running, but the way BB has structured the game, you pretty much need to be on at least every twelve hours for 30-60min or things grind down or waste resources...and that's assuming the game is running smoothly and the Support staff isn't blowing us off when things break down and we lose hundreds of thousands of resources and Buffs/Event rewards to technical issues during Events.

Unfortunately, people have been saying this for years, but it's getting *worse* not better. :/

That said, the Adventure Bookbinder is slow, but it's still one of the few things BB got right for players who run adventures at least somewhat regularly. Overall, the Event was passable and certainly a step up from the last couple of debacles.

The rest of the issues...need work.

More Queues, especially for things like the Bookbinder so we don't waste our Buffs. Queues for Explorers/Geos. Otherwise you really do want us on all the time to keep things running, because that's how you've structured the game.

Reply to Thread