Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Anniversary Event 2019

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    People were asking for 5000 candles for 1000 longbows the second day...and offering 30 dough for an adventure they will turn around and try to sell for 30k. People are using that word 'gouging' pretty correctly.

Welcome to the c*****y world of TO. I detest the TO in TSO more than I have seen in any other game. People here are the most greedy and selfish players I have ever seen. (There are some exceptions, but they are few and far between). I swear to all that is good that some of these greedy players are trying to send their offspring (yes, I do not believe they are human and refuse to call them children) to college on TO gouging. You know the interesting thing here is that I do have an account on German-9 and those players are much more like gamers in a strategy game like this... they want to not only be successful in trade, but aide their fellow players. Guessing it has to do more with being part of the North American Servers than anything else... anyway... if you need help, send FR, I help what I can (open to all players on Zeus). GL in event.

*Puts away soap-box for next time*
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I also agree that the rewards for this event are very generous. I love the wondrous residences. The new bookbinder looks great. And this Gemini gen could be a real boost to the lineup. His bio calls him the older brother-- who is the other twin?

Last I checked, all trades are voluntary. Someone made a good point about this event being a little different than the others because there is a group goal. It's pretty obnoxious to see trades posted that are worse than you can get in the provision house conversion. But I don't buy them. Nobody has to.

Don't forget there are different styles of play. Some players make there coins through extensive production chains. Some players make a lot of coins by selling loot spots. Other players make coins by buying low and selling high. The thing about prices is things are worth exactly what people will value them for. I was trying to buy storage towers. One player asked for 2 improved silos, 2 magnificent residences, and a gingerbread storehouse for one storage tower. It wasn't worth that much to me, but it was to him. I didn't buy it.

Game resources also have more or less value depending what type of player you are or where you are at in the game. Some players love decorations, and will pay thousands of coins for a tree. I don't care if my island looks like a slum. Magnificent residences are of particular value to lower level players who can't earn a lot of beans, have lower pop, and lots of extra space for buildings. A lot of high level players pay a premium for higher pop density. A couple years ago players were offering 5 or 6 mag res for 1 gingerbread house.

Anyway. Just pretend I swallowed several balloons full of helium before jabbering all that

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    As far as I can understand the badly-translated text, his name should be "Older Twin" and he's the twin brother of the field medic, and General Log is their father.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Ok so does anyone know if the Gemini General's 20% restore troops ability stacks with First Aid. or would booking First Aid be a total waste?

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Like the First Aid general it stacks as far as I can tell - and EJ has it skilled that way so I assume it works. (3/3 first aid = 9% more, probably additive not multiplicative).

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    Welcome to the c*****y world of TO. I detest the TO in TSO more than I have seen in any other game. People here are the most greedy and selfish players I have ever seen. (There are some exceptions, but they are few and far between). I swear to all that is good that some of these greedy players are trying to send their offspring (yes, I do not believe they are human and refuse to call them children) to college on TO gouging. You know the interesting thing here is that I do have an account on German-9 and those players are much more like gamers in a strategy game like this... they want to not only be successful in trade, but aide their fellow players. Guessing it has to do more with being part of the North American Servers than anything else... anyway... if you need help, send FR, I help what I can (open to all players on Zeus). GL in event.

*Puts away soap-box for next time*

Thanks for the offer but not on your server. A lot of Europeans play on the NA servers so I am not sure that is a factor but this is a sample of the trade office even today when a lot of the demand has disappeared. Most of this being offered was from free loot spots as well. I have no idea what BB thought it was doing providing so much excess dough to the lower levels. Guess there is no need for a challenge for lower levels to get up to 50 now, some people pretty well managed 1 to 50 just because of this event in the last two weeks.

https://imgur.com/a/U7sJACe

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    We seem to be just barely limping along toward that 1.4 billion goal. I knew the 400 million was easy, but this one is logically the more difficult one. Looks like we're on track but cutting it close.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    ok i dont get - every sunday i get 2 x daily balloon quests... run 2 of same scenario.. last week i had 3 of em (jester) .. i had to run all 3 to get it to acknowledge the 2nd daily. obvi one was left over from somewhere else but still it should've cleared. today.. i ran the 2 i had - given by the daily quest.. nope it wont see the 2nd one - wont clear it.. and i have no more.. soo how am i supposed to do 2 dailies if you dont program it to acknowledge every run of the scenario??

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I don't think we'll make it to 1.4 billion on our own. I'm guessing they will bump the totals up at the last second to give us the Bookbinder, because otherwise it would have been completely pointless for them to program in the Adventure Tales.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    We've been doing about 120 million per day, with today's requirement at about 110 million, and 34 million left in the final 14 hours. We should get there with at least a few hours left to spare, but this is cutting it too close for comfort. People probably have enough left in storage to push across the line.

Reply to Thread