Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Anniversary Event 2019

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I;m not saying i dont like the adv bookbinder.. i love it.. I just wanna buff it too

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    we're going to get more i bet

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethelsyn View Post
    we're going to get more i bet
    my star is littered with buffs.. i'd prefer to use what i have

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Now that it's over...

On average, I'll say it was okay. Not exceptional, like some past Events...but also not horrible like a couple of Events earlier this year that cost us more than a few players out of frustration...and for which Support really dropped the balls...all of them.

If this is the new minimum standard for Events, then maybe BB has fixed their wagon...and is going to keep improving as we go forward.

Mostly the 'value for effort' costs were okay. Some expensive stuff, but mostly worth the resources if you're sticking around and using them actively. A fair bit of garbage (Retro skins/etc) that will get ignored/deleted by most people.

Unfortunately, there was no real way to make up the lost ground if you fell behind on Balloons past a certain point. We had some Guilders who missed the 15k rewards and there was nothing we could do about it as a Guild. That's something to look into. Maybe a 'Guilder bonus' to Buffs, on top of the Friend and Prem ones. During Events, Guilders can drop extra Cakes/etc for a +10% bonus on Event production if we want to help someone who is falling behind. Enough help could push someone over the top, but at a cost. An added benefit to being in a Guild, but limited to Events.

Hopefully Halloween and Christmas measure up as well.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    This event is basically a gift to the players. Sure, it takes a bit of resources and some time and effort, but it's quite reasonable and especially for all you get from it. I'm sure Halloween will be back to normal, but I didn't find anything too objectionable here.

I got the joyous bundle but passed on both this time. Too many buildings in the big one drove the price way up, and the explorer wasn't too interesting in the smaller one.

Gemini is solid. Using him as a Major replacement. More troops and abilities and fewer losses.

I booked my emphatic explorers for rarity searches. Not the most profitable use of them, but now I don't have to worry about guild coins.

Thorough geologist may become outdated before long, but he works quite well for marble and iron. If you time it right, I can see him being suitable for the longer searches, but I've replaced my stone cold and iron-willed geologists.

Adventure bookbinder is nice. Too bad it came after I stopped running so many adventures, but I figure I can average a codex or so per week for not very much cost (no manuscripts/tomes). That's a codex I didn't have before and all I have to do is give it time to produce, albeit pretty slowly. This should help reduce the complaints about books being too hard to produce (it won't, but it should).

World
    Zeus
    We are also aware that a small group of players received the first Community Goal quest twice, which allowed them to claim double rewards for it.

Next steps:
    We will continue to investigate the bug that caused this. More details will follow in the near future (most likely after the Anniversary Event is finished).

What we know for now:•We will not take any items away
    • It is not considered as an exploit
    • The problem occurred on a random basis, and was caused by triggers not controllable by affected players
    I read this bit on the news and I'm a bit kind of concerned with this matter. Those who got the double rewards have some what of a bit unfair advantage of the rest of the community in regards to the items they got, specifically the Unique Explorer. What this means is - these players now have 1 extra explorer over the rest. The additional island floating house and settlers HQ which gives a pretty major population.

You said you're not taking anything away, but what are you going to do for the people who didn't benefit from this random giveaway bug that is your fault and not ours. And please don't tell me you're going to mass mail out rewards that ends up including them as well giving them even more free stuff over the rest of us.

I recommend having a Free Shop that allows players to collect the extra rewards that check Max Count. So those players who already received the new max count can't double dip in claiming the rewards to compensate those who didn't get the double reward.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post
    I read this bit on the news and I'm a bit kind of concerned with this matter. Those who got the double rewards have some what of a bit unfair advantage of the rest of the community in regards to the items they got, specifically the Unique Explorer. What this means is - these players now have 1 extra explorer over the rest. The additional island floating house and settlers HQ which gives a pretty major population.

You said you're not taking anything away, but what are you going to do for the people who didn't benefit from this random giveaway bug that is your fault and not ours. And please don't tell me you're going to mass mail out rewards that ends up including them as well giving them even more free stuff over the rest of us.

I recommend having a Free Shop that allows players to collect the extra rewards that check Max Count. So those players who already received the new max count can't double dip in claiming the rewards to compensate those who didn't get the double reward.
    As one of the folks who was puzzled to get the bonus 'double' rewards, I think this is a reasonable solution. I'm also cool with having my 'bonus' retracted, but after the debacle that was Easter/logins/etc, it was nice to get a small bonus (which I assumed everyone got, silly me).

After all the glitches foiled my carefully laid plans of lining up the Prem/PremFrBuff/Snow/etc to max out the Easter Event and level up to L65...only to see it all go to waste because BB couldn't get the login function to work, well let's say I wasn't going to complain about a bonus character and a couple of buildings. :/

World
    Zeus
    I'm actually OK with letting some people enjoy a windfall. I didn't get the extra stuff, and it's not hurting me in the least that I didn't. If BB feels like they absolutely have to compensate everyone who didn't get the windfall, then please make it so we have a choice in the matter. I'd much rather have a handful of gems (or a voucher, or something) so I can selectively get something I actually want rather than yet another explorer I don't want and another building I have no room for. Or like I said in the beginning, I'm OK with a few people getting lucky, so don't give me anything at all.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    What is the advantage the players that got two sets of rewards have? Trading power? Its mostly a one player game with chat and trade. The slight....very slight economic advantage one might have from this issue is hardly worth all the coding necessary to solve it in such a complicated manner. I'd probably just let it go or maybe I'd have announced it differently...several people may have noticed that they received two sets of rewards for the phase 1 quest...Congrats to those players, you were randomly selected to win the lottery! Then maybe people could sleep at night without feeling slighted.

World
    Zeus
    Advantage = Explorer = Resources Events.

If you guys have played this game through all the various events, you will know event resources are limited and rare. The Easter,Xmas,Halloween just to name a few where the resources are used for the rewards in the event show.

If you guys don't see the advantage of explorers then you guys haven't been playing this game long enough. They're the single best investment in the game for gems besides the gempit. The return on explorers over time is just huge.

Other advantage are obviously population houses that give better than the normal foot print. The improved floating island is the best house you can get on water. and the 220 HQ is also the best for the foot print.

So yes, I'm kind of upset that I didn't get the double rewards.

Reply to Thread